SORT BY Relevancy
Expressing Motherhood the podcast explores creative moms, what kind of projects they are up to and how they are finding time to create.
Producer Lindsay Kavet talks to filmmaker Mary Trunk in this episode.
Mary is an LA mom to a teenager who created the documentary "Lost In Living." In it, she followed 4 creative women for 13 years.
Please Subscribe to Expressing Motherhood, the social media hashtag is #exmoshow.
Expressing Motherhood is the national play where people share their stories about motherhood on stage. Listen to ExMo alum and love children Stacie Burrows and Shannon Noel talk about their comedy duo musical group called MommyTonk. <<<< Listen to their songs "Booze and Weed" and "Farm Box" also listen to how and when they create their material. The show is hosted by Director/Creator Lindsay Kavet. Use the hashtag #ExMoShow to join in on the conversation.
Expressing Motherhood's Podcast talks to creative moms, finding out what they are up to and when they are finding the time to create. In this episode Producer Lindsay Kavet talks to ExMo alum Elizabet Soutter. We cover:
Why Elizabeth shut down her popular blog in 2011.
Women need to stop giving away their creativity for free.
Why Elizabeth was not willing to blog about something if it meant compromising her integrity.
How her creativity was on hold while caring for her very sick daughter.
Expressing Motherhood the podcast is looking to talk to moms about their creative process and what kind of projects they are up to.
In today's episode I will talk to LA mom Laura Diamond about her upcoming book "Shelter Us." Let's find out how she found time to write it and get it published.
I will also talk about the fact that my 3 kids are home sick and playing in the driveway as I record the podcast from my closet with a bag of ice on my foot from a beesting. #exmoshow
Kate King, author of Authentic Mother, will share her story on how to work creatively to express and explore your feelings as you enter motherhood - from day one the changes are endless and women's real emotions are just not talked about enough. Release the taboo of a mothers emotional journey and work with art to connect deeply with your authentic voice in motherhood. Not only can you use Art Therapy to support your own journey, but also as an effective parenting tool. While Kate works broadly, she has special interest in the following areas: Eating Disorders, Tweens & Teens, Depression, Anxiety & Suicide, Pregnancy and New Parenting issues. You can fin Kate and her book The Authentic Mother www.kateking.org
***Jillian comes on around minute 2:40 please just stick with it!
Expressing Motherhod talks to Jillian Lauren.
The importance of friendship
Her new memoir "Everything You Ever Wanted"
When she writes
Tantrums in public spaces
Use Expressing Motherhood producer Lindsay Kavet speaks to mom and actress Beth Littleford.
Expressing Motherhod the podcast aims to talk to creative moms about what projects they are up to and how they are finding time to work on them.
Use #ExMoShow of social media
Expressing Motherhood talks to Los Angeles creative mom Elizabeth Aquino.
Medical Marijuana for her disabled 20 year-old daughter, Sophie
Her upcoming retreat to Hedgebrook
Feeling self-indulgent and guilty about her upcoming retreat
How she sometimes want to leave Facebook but knows she's met an incredible group of people there
Use #ExMoShow for social media
The expectations that we have on oursleves as mothers is large, we can all agree on that - but is it real? The media feeds us with images of how we should look, feel and live from a very young age. The images of motherhood are often unrealistic while the reality of motherhood is vastly under-represented. These expectations are reinforced every which way we turn, causing women to try to hide their reality and persisit on 'keeping it together'. As you transition into Parenthood, you transition into a stage of life that challanges and changes your identity, your values and your relationships. Not expecting these changes can greatly affect your life, often leaving women feeling they have underachieved, confused and even depressed - but it's in this vulnerability that we can truly connect - and create our new tribe.
Elly Taylor is a Physcologist who noticed that her story and many of her clients stories were not dissimilar, they were drowning in parenthood, feeling that something was wrong with themselves, their partner and their relationship. After studying the research available she discovered that there was a lot of research on the subject but it wasn’t translating into practical support in the community, so she wrote her book Becoming Us which has become a bench mark book on the subject. www.empoweringmotherhoodradio.com
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers--strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.” Barbra Katz Rothman. When it comes to Birth women are often scared and confused! But there is another way. Birth is just as much a spiritual and emotional journey as it is physical one. Maha al Musa, founder of Belly Dance for Birth, shares her cultural tradition of Belly Dancing with women to help support their journey inwards that is pregnancy and birth. Thorugh birth we can have a profound experience where we learn to draw strength, courage and grace - all amazing qualities for motherhood. Even if you aren't planning children or have older children, it's importan for all of us to gain a better understand of the significance birth has as in a woman's life as a Rite of Passage - so that we can support her. It could be you, your friend, your daughter, your niece or your sister who will be grateful that you have some awareness and understanding of birth in this light. www.epoweringmotherhoodradio.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (244 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (42 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (22 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (16 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (12 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (7 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- Ron March Show (6 chatters)
- thelordshour (6 chatters)
- Revised Reality Radio (5 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (5 chatters)
- Creative Consciousness Radio (5 chatters)
- 63289 (5 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (5 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- All Things Matter (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (2 chatters)
- CARD READER BrendaBradshaw (2 chatters)
- Carole Gold (2 chatters)
- Beyond The Light Radio (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Str8UpRealTalk (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RoxieZw (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Brother Jaami (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- motherofsix (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (0 chatters)
- Race Fans Rock Radio Show (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)
- hot 95 radio (0 chatters)