SORT BY Relevancy
So after we published a story from Pocho.com about the California realtor who filmed her outrage about a Mexican flag on the lawn of a private home and we discussed our reaction to it on last Sunday's show, Tressy Capps, the woman who made the video, reached out to us and said she would like to be on our show.
This Sunday night at 10pmET/7pmPT, Capps will join us. We did let her know that we will be asking tough questions, but she did agree to join us, so she will.
Today On The Boochcast, we celebrate Labor Day. We talk about the origin of Labor Day, The continued popularity of Guardians Of The Galaxy and Lets Be Cops, what went down at the Respect My Hustle Urban Festival, Recap NXT, talk to NFLExporter Lance Goodman, and Women Smuggled Stolen Watches In Vaginas.
Emily Hahn is the daughter of Mexican immigrants, a wife, the mother of four adult children, a grandmother of four grandchildren, a retired AT&T Sales Executive, and founder and publisher of Mariposa Magazine.
Emily created Mariposa Magazine because she understands the struggles and hardships that many of you face. As a child she had to learn a new language and culture; she grew up in a very dysfunctional home; experienced abandonment; divorce; raised four kids; and through a great deal of hard work, Emily was able to rise to the top in a very competitive and stressful career. None of it was easy, but through it all she learned a great deal.
Mariposa Magazine is a bilingual publication and it is the only magazine targeting Hispanic women devoted to informing and encouraging Latinas in their efforts to build a better life and community.
So that’s what the magazine is about – Latina success stories, reflections about life, plus a bunch of other stuff that will inform, entertain, inspire, or just plain crack you up!
Emily believes God is very real and feels this is a terrific country. She stands on the conviction that our determination, focus, and faith make dreams come true.
Connect with Emily at -> Mariposa Magazine
Connect with Deb at: http://www.debscott.com
Issue: Corporations, job creators and even some workers do not respect our labor. Who's to Blame?
Though both corporate productivity and corporate profits climb, workers' wages remain stagnant. CEO's continue to see big payouts, even during economic downturn. Corporations are being accused of wage theft. America can't even get our legislators to respect our labor through increasing the minimum wage.
However, without the productivity of the worker you don't have profits. Why don't workers get paid more for their productivity? Laborers, they get no respect.
Is the government to Blame for not raising the minimum wage?
Would a $2.00 wage increase kill business and force them into layoffs?
Do you feel that a worker's productivity is not always worth a certain wage?
Do workers even know what their labor is worth?
LABOR DAY-CELEBRATION...SEPT 1, 2014
Definition of LABOR...hired and paid by the day.
LABOR DAY is a holiday celebrated on the first monday in September. A celebration of the American Labor Movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of their country.
LABOR DAY, a Federal Holiday was created in 1882 to give workig indiviuals a DAY OF REST, NO SO TODAY. Most retailers still operate as normal, parades, cook-outs and shopping are a common occurrence on this holiday.
A celebration of all men and women who have dedicated their lives to defining their inqenuity, their skills, cleverness in planning an extravagant landscape.
Honored Guests, Mr. Wise, General President of IronWorkers...
Mr. Hilton, IMPACT CEO...ETC.
Mans quest for power...etc.
Ironworkers a breed unto themselves...etc.
Classic and Creative Construction...etc.
The "BOW"...the 'TOPPING OUT' ceremony...etc.
WE ARE REMINDED THAT GOD WANTS US ALL TO ENTER INTO THAT REST. JESUS HAS ALREADY PAID THE PRICE FOR US ALL. ON THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY, REMIND YOURSELF TO ENTER INTO THE REST OF THE LORD... MATTHEW 11:28 REMINDS US ALL "TO COME UNTO ME ALL YE THAT ARE HEAVY LADEN ... AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. PRAYING THAT YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY OF CHILLAXING.... WE ARE ALSO PRAYING FOR THIS UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR. WE NEED THE LORD TO CONTINUE TO BE A FENCE AROUND OUR CHILDREN OF EVERY RACE, COLOR AND CREED. WE THANK GOD IN ADVANCE.
CLICK ON AND LISTEN TO "PRAYER" THAT HAS BEEN PREPARED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU. YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!!! "HAPPY LABOR DAY" NOW ENTER INTO THE SWEET "REST" OF THE LORD!
Back in the day, over 100 years ago, the average worker had no rights whatsoever! In some cases, a 60-72 hour a week job was commonplace. There were no Child Labor Laws. A man of 40 years of age could be working next to a child of 10 years of age. Many children barely completed six years of school. We at The Coffee Club would like to know what your views are...In today's society, what does Labor Day mean to you??? Call us at 646-595-3275; the coffee is optional.
On this week’s show:
J Floyd and his daughter will talk about their relaxing Labor weekend, plus their good bad and ugly..LOL
We’ll also discuss the importance of Labor day and why to enjoy the time off ..
And as a special bonus, we’ll celebrate a very special person's birthday today, J Floyd Sr..
Listen in and relax on this wonderful Labor day..
You are hereby invited to Joyce Barrie and Friends Labor Day Celebration Party. We are joined by Kurt Fitzpatrick and his favorite celebrities. Join the festive barbeque, talk to the celebrities, have fun; just don't drink and drive! "ENJOYCE"
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (110 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (41 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (28 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (20 chatters)
- Prophetico (17 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (16 chatters)
- Bellesprit (16 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (11 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (9 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (9 chatters)
- OPWR (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)