SORT BY Relevancy
Oftentimes we focus so much on the individual suffering with mental illness, we tend to overlook the impact it has on our families. Family deals with stigma, suffering, and pain as well and often feels helpless with their loved one and within the system. Their voices are JUST as important as the individual stories of triumph over mental illness.
Today, Eunice Brownlee will join me and talk about what it is like to have a father who lives with bipolar disorder. She has not only become HIS advocate, but a powerful voice in the advocacy movement for mental health.
Please join me as I talk to Eunice about how she defines her role as a child of someone with bipolar but has to play the role of an authority figure in his life to get what he needs in the system.
Much thanks to Eunice and all she does in our movement.
Its Wednesday already! Join Inspirational Beauty and Team I AM ME as they journey into this weeks episode on #SIMPLYIB. As usual they will use Theatrical Radio to shocase what so many of us are dealing with in our homes, families and communities. Join them as they embark on a touchy subject, whie following a famiy waiting to hear if their chid has BiPolar Disorder. "IB" and her camera cre wof I AM ME TV will take you inside the world of a couple of DR's , Nurses, Parents and Patients. So get ready. Tonight at 8 pm eastern. Dial 845-241-9898 or listen at Blogtalkradio.com/Iammeradio. Make sure you stay to peak with the cast after the show for their discussion. Exclusive on #IAMMERADIO
Talking with Regal Fro, editor of The Emotional Detox Life about her incredible journey through psychosis and her resulting path to advocacy.
I was mesmerized by Laqwanda's story-telling, how open she is about her experience, and her passion and drive to help others feel not so alone. It is so incredible to listen to someone fully disclose experiences with mental illness with compassion for themselves at the time with a touch of humor. There is no better way to race toward recovery than to be able to see yourself in your mental illness and find the ability to laugh! This was my kind of interview!
Tune in to hear her fascinating story, and I hope she will come back on sometime and share more!
You can find more about her and her advocacy on youtube.com at onementalvlogger
Talking to an incredible advocate and peer about the effects of early trauma and how it can have a mental impact. Izzy talks to us about some hard facts regarding transitioning out of state institutes and how difficult it can be for individuals. She shares with us her role in her new job as a peer helping individuals with that transition.
She also shares her personal journey of trauma induced anxiety and depression from experiences at an early age. We follow her story through her teens and into her 20's where she is now in a position of recovery and giving back to people in need.
Izzy is incredibly knowledgable and I feel lucky to call her my friend and colleague!
Join Dr. Patty and Author, Linda Vigen Phillips for a LIVE discussion about her book "CRAZY" a novel by verse about mental illness. How many of you have lived with a family member who suffers from a mental illness? Mental Illness is a reality and it affects millions of people around the world. We invite you to get your cup of coffee and join the conversation. Let's Talk About It!
Mental illness with Dr. Simon Casey Ph.D, LADC, CEDS
Simon Casey is a nationally known Author, Speaker, Educator and the founder of Emotional Mastery Program. Graduated from Waltham College in London with emphasis on pre-med. He concluded alcoholism studies and Forensic Mental Health in Clinical Practice programs at University of Irvine. Later he graduated from California Coast University and received his Doctorate in Psychology. He is a licensed Alcohol and drug abuse counselor as well as and Board Certified Eating Disorders Specialist. He concluded his Leadership and Executive Management program at University of Notre Dame. He is an experienced PSYCH-K facilitator. He also holds certificates in Bio Feedback and EEG Neurofeedback.
Josi Stewart is the epitome of resilience. From a life that began with trauma to a doctor telling her that she will never have a successful, productive life, Josi used her strength, determination, and hope to prove quite the opposite.
Join us as Josi tells her compelling story of rising from circumstances that would keep most of us in a dark place without the light of hope.
Easily one of the most stigmatized diseases there is, addiction is an epidemic yet people STILL don't understand the facts!
Addicts aren't lazy, weak, have a choice, or can just stop 'when they want'.
If you believe these things---you are perpetuating stigma and YOU are part of the problem.
Tune in to find out from some experts about the real deal on addiction.
Dr. Stephen B Seager has advice for #police officers encountering mentally ill subjects: "Just don't shoot them." Meet Dr.Seager Sunday at 9pmEST on "Human Rights Demand" channel at BlogTalkRadio. Call-in at 347.857.3293 to ask questions and voice your opinions. Dr. Seager is a psychiatrist, mental health care advocate, a noted author, and a movie producer. His website is http://Stephenseagermd.com > He wrote a best-selling book after working as a prison psychiatrist: “Behind the Gates of Gomorrah, a Year With the Criminally Insane." Dr. Seager's movie will feature families of mentally ill inmates and the problems they face. He believes in treatment before tragedies. We'll see you Sunday at 6pmPST, 7pmMST, 8pmCentral! ?
Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill (AIMI) ~ Join the host on air at 818.572.2947
Killing Mentally Ill Georgians is Habitual
Mentally challenged people are regularly killed in Georgia with or without a death warrant.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (110 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (62 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (39 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (34 chatters)
- The Portal - Dorothy (29 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (25 chatters)
- AJC Radio (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Fins Radio (13 chatters)
- Witch School (11 chatters)
- Ron March Show (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- America Matters show (5 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (4 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (4 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (3 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Stew and the Nunn (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (2 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (2 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (2 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MySkinIsMySin (1 chatters)
- Love Unlimited Coaching (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (1 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (0 chatters)