SORT BY Relevancy
This week’s show
July 7th, 2014
America can afford Medicare for all
Last week while performing my engineering duties on KPFT’s Thinkwing Radio with Mike Honig, a rather disturbing call came from a caller. The caller was not a bad person. The caller was not ill willed. The caller simply bought into the tenet that the mythical free market can solve all of America and the world’s problems.
I do not mind folks having different ideological beliefs in most segments of our economy. In fact it may even be a great experiment to show what works effectively.
Where these ideologies cause pain, financial distress, or deaths unnecessarily to our fellow human beings, to our fellow Americans, one should not leave it up to some unseen, unknown, or so far failed market.
When the caller implied that morality had no role in the implementation of healthcare, I was left flabbergasted. He seemed to be of the belief that somehow there was some intrinsic benevolence to our mythical free market.
There are grey areas in every debate. However there are areas where there are absolutes. Healthcare is one of the areas with absolutes. Those who want a complete mythical free market answer to healthcare have already been proven wrong. Americans need not have had to go through the past decades of wasteful medical spending and medical robbery. Simple arithmetic had the answer.
There is only one solution that makes mathematical sense. It is Medicare for all.
America the Beautiful! White men have lost their place at the top of the hill. It's called social order. They think they lost it when slavery was abolished in 1863. That is not when they lost it. They actually begin to lose their place in the social order, when they waiting 18 months before notifying slaves in the southern states, namely Texas and Louisiana that salvery had been ended by order of the Federal government. As time progressed, white men did less and less, or should I say more and more to try to keep blacks as slaves. Instead of abiding by the new laws, they chose to create new laws to keep their desires legal. The Black Code Laws became part of American policing. The KKK carried out the Black Code Laws. The Freedmans Bureau established to assist slaves in transitioning into citizenship became nothing more than a sham. Peace was not to come between the races based on the pride of poorer white men. Politics was in complete control of legislating what would and could happen to blacks. Police were allowed to create as you go laws and administer judgement as they saw it should be. Prosperity was able to continue based on the desires of those with property ownership. Poverty began to spread even more as a tool for the wealthy to maintain ownership of former slaves. People began to segregate even more than had been during slavery. Power was once again seen in the wealth of the white men. Is there anything different today than in 1863 when slavery was abolished in America. If you have to wait for the approval of politicians, courts, and merchants to have social justics, judicial justice, and economic justice, than not much has change. The change must therefore come by way of we the people. We the working class people of American
All things considered are discussed in small town Kansas coffee bars.
1st hour WBAI-fm "Building Bridges" and Tax Justice Network's Naomi Fowler.
Our 2nd hour featured Guest Larry Weigal, Medicare Coach, discusses the dangerous state compact systems that may endanger our senior citizens' health care.
Join former state lawmaker of the old 9th district, lifelong public school teacher and administrator, Bill Otto, and "the Lineball Sisters" Kay and Sondra as they share recollections, current events and commentary on rural life in Kansas.
Blogging recipes and state news and the names of dead pets, relatives and friends at the LeRoy Reporter web site.
"A progressive town of friendly people."
News from along the Neosho River in southeast Kansas.
Send us your news at email@example.com
Politics is about life and death of American citizens. Politicial decisions cause some people to die early deaths. Political decisions result in some people living longer better lives. Politics is not a science. Politics is not a game. Politics is the most real set of tactics in America's history as in the history of the world. Politics is best described as a collective group of people and strategies out to gain desired results. Those results are sought at all cost, resulting in some people working all their lives and dying in poverty as they were born and other people living longer, better, lives.
Duluth City Councilor and candidate for Mayor Howie Hanson will join me for what should be a very interesting interview. Listen to hear his views on taxes, fees and where he wants to take the city if elected. We also will chat his early announcment to run for mayor as well plus more if we can get to it. You also will have a chance to call in and ask question to him. I only ask you let us know who you are when you call.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (390 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (10 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (9 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (7 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Go Nameless Its Painless (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (4 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (4 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (3 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Life Oasis Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Father Teresa (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- DPRPresents (2 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- The Daily Broward Show (1 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (1 chatters)