SORT BY Relevancy
The meaning of May Day has evolved over time.
Initially May Day was the Festival of Flora and a time for young people to find their future spouses
Late 1800s - workers organized to improve inhumane working conditions
Early 1900s - Russians (and later Soviets) began a militiaristic May Day in 1917 to celebrate the successful worker’s revolution
1950s - McCarthy-era fear of communism made May Day celebrations by workers “unpopular”
Today - 100s of rallies are scheduled around the world, including major US cities, to support workers’ rights, immigration issues, and protest the political corruption that keeps worker / business stress alive
"MAYDAY" is the call for help TODAY from Rootstrikers to create a SuperPAC to fund candidates who will remove corrupting money from politics http://www.MayOne.us
They used to lock us in. Now they lock us out. And they use law and regulation (or the removal of law and regulation) to make it so.
We assert that today, just as was the case in the late 1800s, it is the unhealthy relationship between our elected and their funders that allow for and maintain an excessively negative impact on American employees and an excessivly positive impact on global corporation directors, officers, and shareholders.
Are you participating in any May Day activities today? Do you have anything to add to the abreviated May Day timeline? Do you believe that law and regulation can help or hinder the welbeing of American workers? Call in!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (4 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Step Into the Light (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- SoulfullyAboutYou (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- ChrisStevensOnAir (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Dan Clements (1 chatters)
- Bill Martinez Live (0 chatters)