SORT BY Relevancy
Her mom was Judy Garland. Her sister is Liza Minelli and her Godfather was Frank Sinatra. Learn more about the amazing Lorna Luft in this red carpet interview with Nicholas Snow, and how her days dancing the night away at Studio 54 were eclipsed at the onset of the AIDS epidemic. And just who was dancing naked next door in Fire Island? Listen and find out!
Producer/Host Nicholas Snow focuses on "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity." The presenting sponsor for this episode is Intervention 911, part of Ken Seeley Communities (Nicholas Snow Productions LLC is honored to also produce the podcast, Intervention 911 with Ken Seeley, available at this link.
Twitter | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Books | Official Website
Lorna Luft, one of Judy Garland's talented daughters, celebrates her mother's incredible contributions to the world of entertainment in this popular episode. Lorna, an accomplished performer in her own right, has won acclaim on stage, film and TV. Plus she’s also a best-selling author, recording artist and Emmy-nominated producer. Her book, "Me and My Shadows: Living with the Legacy of Judy Garland," was optioned by ABC-TV and turned into a riveting miniseries starring Judy Davis. Lorna served as co-executive producer on that project, which won 5 Emmy Awards. Another of Lorna’s impressive accomplishments is a multi-media production, "Songs My Mother Taught Me," a spectacular concert combining one of the world’s most familiar songbooks with her personal memories of her famous mother. A CD based on this event was released on First Night Records. Film critics James Colt Harrison and Diana Saenger join Lorna in paying tribute to Judy Garland.
Producers of the always-poignant, forever-important Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, which take place in Palm Springs, California each year to benefit Desert AIDS Project, have the whole community (and the people we reach worldwide) truly imagining a world without HIV/AIDS, by championing #IMAGINEnoAIDS. If you come across this episode prior to February 7th, 2015, attend this year's gala at the Palm Springs Convention Center. In this episode, Nicholas Snow previews this year's event and brings some of his Steve Chase Best of the Red Carpet Interviews from past events, including interiews with Greg Louganis, Melissa Etheridge, Suzanne Sommers, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Lorna Luft, Megan Hilty and Mathew Morrison.
Desert AIDS Project serves people living with HIV and AIDS by providing comprehensive support, including medical care, case management, and social services, like food, housing, and counseling. D.A.P. also offers free and confidential HIV testing at a number of locations.
Nicholas Snow Live, produced and hosted by Nicholas Snow. Over 1.7 million downloads in just over 2-1/2 years. The show's motto: "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity."
NicholasSnowLive.com | Advertisers (Plus How To Advertise) | Social Networks
Spiritual Growth Tools on the Radio has a variety of guests to help you to better understand the blocks that are holding you back, the show aims to entertain, inform and offer a different perspective to the issues that you are faced with. We hope you will join us on the journey!
This weeks very special guest is Lorna Byrne and I am so looking forward to interviewing the only person alive at this time who sees angels. She had a tough beginning, but was being looked after and trained by the angels for the work that she now does- she is now published in 50 countries in 20 languages and travels widley to teach about angels and love.
To find out more about her - visit http://www.lornabyrne.com
Brought to you by Spiritual Growth Tools
The program all about TV, simulcast live on BlogTalk Radio and Brooklyn Independent Media HD. Our guests: Daniel Levy, co-creator and executive producer of Schitt's Creek, Pop's first scripted series (starts February 11) with co-creator/co-star (and father) Eugene Levy; and Peacock Productions executive producer Elizabeth Fischer and Investigation Discovery executive producer Lorna Thomas, discussing Hate In America, their co-produced special coming February 23.
in Self Help
Ready to make a BOLD step into your future? This is the woman to show you how. The Miami Herald called Lorna Owens a “pioneer and the mother of reinvention.” It's true. Lorna Owens knows a thing or two about what she calls “massive change.”
A TV commentator for Nancy Grace and high powered criminal attorney, she got the call years ago to change her life's direction. Today, the author of “Daily Sustenance” and “Everyday Grace, Everyday Miracle” says she has no regrets.
"I was an Assistant District Attorney under Janet Reno. I had a great law practice. I was doing very well by anyone's standards: little girl from Jamaica makes it big in America."
Two years ago she was watching CNN and saw Anderson Cooper do a piece called “rape as a weapon of war.” It told the story of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. As a result of these gang rapes
Join Carolyn Bennett Sullivan as she chats with Lorna Levy of http://www.lawofattractiongps.com
22 fast facts about Lorna Levy
22. I always have my dancing shoes in my car.
21. I've driven a Rolls Royce - no, it wasn't mine. Yet.
20. I lived in Paris, France for two years.
19. I can bend a spoon with my mind
18. I make my own soap and pancake syrup
17. I have made beer, but it was awful
16. I am a member of Mensa
15. I have been kissed by, and danced with, the Phillie Phanatic
14. I am an ordained minister and a licensed Religious Science
13. I learned to sail without ever learning how to swim
12. I have a cat named Twinkle
11. I wanted to be a ballerina until I was about 18
10. I dance oldies and soul line dance every weekend
9. Also ballroom and waltz
8. I have an MBA and credits toward my Ph.D.
7. I can speak dog!
6. I know where sweet woodruff grows in West Philly
5. and where there is a herd of deer living in the city
4. I used to be a herbalist - and had a thriving herbal business
3. I eat pizza with a knife and fork
2. I surround myself with bright colors and lovely fragrances.
1. I love to laugh.
like us on facebook, because we LOVE you! facebook.com/universalenergyradio
This show highlights a few of the gems that are cultivating at Brown Girl Publishing.
Portia A. Cosby is a novelist, poet and screenwriter. Her body of work has left an impact on everyone who has come across it. Her distinct style separates her from most as she addresses controversial issues and relates them to the African-American community. Her latest book, It's complicated, is a crowd pleaser.
Lorna “L.A. Lewis” is an author, educator, and motivational speaker. L.A. was hit by the writing "bug" in the spring of 2009, she self-published her first novel Dirty Little Secrets and her daily devotional The Gift of An Abundant Life within weeks of each other.L.A. Lewis landed a book deal with Brown Girls Publishing. A publishing company owned by two of her literary idols, ReShonda Tate Billingsley and Victoria Christopher Murray. L.A's next novel Sex, Lies, and Secrets is expected to be released Summer 2014.
Tracey M. Lewis-Giggetts is a writer, educator, and consultant who speaks nationally on subjects related to identity, faith, and purpose within the multicultural context. With wit and transparency, the author effectively challenges church leaders and laypersons who seek authenticity and relevance in ministry.
Evening with Ella Curry, Colette R. Harrell, Lorna Lewis, Candy Jackson, Joyce Brown, Naleighna Kai, Martha Kennerson, A. Yamina Collins, Cerece Rennie Murphy and Bobby Cenora.
Join BAN Radio Show host Ella Curry, president of EDC Creations, as she celebrates the holidays with the most talented authors on the planet. We will learn more about the featured books and hear the authors read from the new releases.
Share this #BANRadioXmas with at least 10 of your friends! Give the Gift of Knowledge by purchasing multiple copies of the featured books.
Authors, visit the EDC Creations website for more book promotion opportunities: www.edc-creations.com. Become a featured author on the BAN Radio show by visiting this link: http://www.edc-creations.com/banradiopromo.htm
Tonight we welcome back to the show, Dr. Lorna Speid who works in the pharmaceutical industry as a regulatory affairs and drug development consultant. We will be talking about the role of the PI (Principal Investigator) in clinical trials.
After working in the pharmaceutical industry for many years, Dr. Speid saw a need to provide information to patients about clinical trials that would allow them to be empowered enough to ask the right questions before and after entering clinical trials. She wrote the book Clinical Trials: What Patients and Healthy Volunteers Need to Know, to accomplish this. It was published by Oxford University Press in 2010.
Oxford University, the publisher of the book has agreed to provide Help 4 HD with a donation every time anyone using the Code HELP4HD154 in purchasing a copy of the book. The link for purchasing the book is http://global.oup.com/academic/promo/32990/?cc=gb&lang=en PROMO CODE: 32990. This is a book that will provide information on the development of new treatments. Education about this process is critical for anyone that is interacting with the process, whether as care giver or as patient.
She is the founder of a non-profit called Rare Diseases Patients First! This organization is planning to provide education to patients with rare diseases about the clinical trial process. This education will be provided free of charge. We will provide more information about these educational internet-based meetings, as soon as they are ready to be rolled out later this year. Dr. Speid advises companies on the development of new treatments for rare diseases.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (79 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- HOV Radio (13 chatters)
- 63289 (11 chatters)
- Bill Murray (10 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (10 chatters)
- The Portal (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (8 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Ron March Show (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (5 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (4 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (4 chatters)
- Black Wealth Creation (4 chatters)
- AlimBey (4 chatters)
- Papa CE (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- Ministry Along the Way Radio (3 chatters)
- Ralphael Robinson (3 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- RoxieZw (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (3 chatters)
- Local Live Music (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- Married 2 Change Radio (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Awakened BEloved Community (2 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- Soul Circle Laura and Rose (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- TEAM Broadcasting (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Pastor Rebecca (1 chatters)
- The Microsoft Princess Insider (1 chatters)
- SHRAonair (1 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Abundant Living1 (1 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- thedean (0 chatters)