SORT BY Relevancy
As lesbian or two mom families, the cost of creating a family can be very costly. Then once kids come into the picture, a whole new set of financial considerations and costs arise, like maternity leave, diapers, schooling, college. All this on top of retirement planning. How do we handle all that? How much should we save? Are there investment options that work particularly well for us? What if we're not legally married, does that impact which options we choose?
Peggy Garvin of Garvin Financial Group LLC is on the show to share financial planning tips to help you best set yourselves up to navigate the financial part of creating and having a family.
Find out more about Peggy Garvin at http://www.garvinfinancial.com/. Garvin Financial Group, LLC, is an independent firm with securities offered through Summit Brokerage Services, Inc., member FINRA & SIPC with advisory services offered through Summit Financial Group, Inc., a registered investment advisor.
Find LezBeMommies Radio online at www.lezbemommies.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LezBeMommiesRadio.
The achievement gap between U.S. students and those in other nation and among different groups of students in the United States is a significant long-term drag on the economy, according to a national research group’s study that seeks to quantify that impact.
The "Donald" Meets with Prosperity Teachers & Zombie Preparedness Month
Some of the things in the news are actually rather unbelievable.... like Governor Brownback signing a proclamation for Zombie Preparedness Month.
Donald Trump meets with evil prosperity teachers says The Christian Post.
12 are said to be dead at an Oregon College.... breaking news
Join Barb Elgin for a live show to learn what's coming up for Lesbian Love Talk. We are on year end hiatus right now and planning ahead for 2015. Be sure to tune in for all the details!
Are you ready for more Lasting Lesbian Love? I want to support your health and happiness so...
Pick up your complimentary three part audio series "Hottest Secrets to Lasting Lesbian Love" here. The series is full of dating and relationship tips from lesbian relationship experts and a successful lesbian couple of over 40 years!
When a child announces that he or she is gay, lesbian or transgender many parents are unable to respond to the news with sensitivity or support of their child. Reactions can range from throwing the child out of the house immediately to making every effort to understand what the child is going through, and everything in between, such as: "How could you do this to me? What did I do wrong?"
Our today's guest is Dr. Anne Dohrenwend, author of "Coming Around: Parenting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Kids," who will discuss how the child's "coming out" to his or her parents can be the most determinant factor in the child's moving forward successfully. Anything short of telling the child "I love you" will be heard by the gay young person that he/she doesn't really deserve love but the family members offer it anyway.
Anne Dohrenwend, PhD, ABPP, is assistant program director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at McLaren Regional Medical Center, Flint, Michigan and an associate professor at Michigan State University. She works with parents and young people coping with LGBT issues. She has a PhD in counseling psychology from the University of North Dakota and is board certified in Clinical Health Psychology. Anne and her partner live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Join Donna Freeman and special guest Dr. Patricia Jennings to discuss how mindfulness can transform the art of teaching. Discover valuable tools to bring peace and productivity in the classroom.
Dr Jennings new book, Mindfulness for Teachers, shows how essential mindfulness is for educators in today's demanding environment. Gain insight into how mindfulness can help manage stress, cultivate a positive learning environment and revitalize teaching and learning.
Veterans and Adult Learners/Students Ask Dr. Applewhite (aka Professor Applewhite), about why many Religious Teachers do not address the real issues surrounding pain, suffering, and disability. Hear real issues and stories shared about self-perception, relationships, and feelings will inspire and motivate you!
Dr. Ann Williamson theologian and adjunct college instructor shares a fresh perspective on our topic with Dr. Danita Applewhite and other guests as they address questions like “Why did GOD make me this way?” or “What did I do wrong?”, or “Why can’t I think, talk, walk….. like other students?”. How does a teacher answer these questions and what are the boundaries? What are the issues surrounding students with disabilities and their perception of self. A special look at the role religion plays in the success of students and how African-American families deal with a child in special education. Join Dr. Applewhite and guests as they examine these questions and discuss how teachers can answer these philosophical and religious issues.This show is a rerun of Students and Veterans Discuss Religious Teachings and Disability that aired previously on March 2012,
Your one-time or monthly recurring tax-deductible donation of $5 or more to White Apple Institute will support our radio broadcasts, and allow us to continue helping Veterans and Non-Veterans with disabilities reach their education and workforce goals. Visit http://whiteappleinstitute.org and click on DONATE.
First Randi Weingarten and the AFT endorsed Hillary Clinton over the objection of its members and now its seems as if Lily Eskelsen García and the NEA may do the same.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (83 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (40 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (35 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (28 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- AJC Radio (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio (9 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (9 chatters)
- Fins Radio (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- RotoBaller Fantasy Sports Radio (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- Witch School (6 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (6 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (6 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- America Matters show (5 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (5 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (4 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (4 chatters)
- RLS Network (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- American Network (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- The Real Big D Show (2 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- TEOTW (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (1 chatters)
- IU Radio LIVE Politico Talk (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sandi and Toi Flip That SH*T (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)