SORT BY Relevancy
Mandy Goodhandy and Todd Klinck will talk with Jack Mackenroth (of Project Runway fame) about a new initiative he is working on called "HIV Equal" HIV Equal is a national multimedia campaign that aims to end HIV stigma and promote HIV testing by creating a social art movement which reignites the national dialogue about HIV/AIDS. The concept of HIV Equal was created by Jack Mackenroth, a long-time HIV activist and Project Runway alumnus, and celebrity photographer Thomas Evans. The campaign photos include people from all walks of life who support the concept that regardless of one’s HIV status, we are all equally valuable. To help promote HIV testing, every person who takes part in the campaign will also be tested for HIV. As the campaign grows, this will help take the fear out of HIV testing. And as young people see their role models in the photos, they will want to become a part of the HIV Equal movement, as well. www.HIVequal.org Jack Mackenroth (born April 29, 1969) is an American swimmer, model, and fashion designer who competed in the fourth season of American reality show Project Runway. Mackenroth was the first openly HIV-positive contestant in the show's history. Twitter: @HIVequal @jackmackenroth Instagram @HIVequal www.facebook.com/jackmackenroth www.facebook.com/jackmackenrothfanpage www.facebook.com/HIVequal
We will talk about Aliens, random crazy stuff, The Pope, and futuristic stuff. For example, Lew is ALL about when the self driving cars become commericial. Also, what will the future be like when we are all ENHANCED with computer chips, etc. When will the CYBORGS arrive. How crazy powerful will AI be? Also, Lew will probably babble a bit about Civ IV, and Galactic Civilizations III (well at least that game is about Space).
On Today's Show -
We will be discussing the ballroom scene, Houses and there relationship to the Philadelphia LGBTQ Community at large and HIV Testing. Is the ballroom community intentionally falsifying HIV data by instructing it's members to get tsted repeatedly using different names and information? There are many ballroom community members that are doing great things for the community and they shall also be mentioned.
in Pop Culture
Since being diagnosed with HIV 18 years ago, Duane Cramer has become a tireless advocate for HIV awareness and education, using his photography and creative skills to bring attention to the disease. He is well known for his photography-based HIV awareness visuals, and particularly for his efforts in the African-American community, which has been disproportionately affected by HIV.
In each episode, Producer/Host Nicholas Snow focuses on "Connecting the Circuitry of Humanity."
The presenting sponsor for this episode is Intervention 911, part of Ken Seeley Communities (Nicholas Snow Productions LLC is honored to also produce the podcast, Intervention 911 with Ken Seeley, available at this link.
Check out Nicholas Snow's powerful memoir, Life Positive: A Journey to the Center of My Heart.
Twitter | Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Books | Official Website
For so long, HIV has been a prominent disease in the community and we are having an episode to discuss everyone's different views toward the disease and how to overcome it as well as determine the cause of its spread and why it has yet to be eradicated. The purpose is to not only bring awareness to the disease itself but also to educate others on the people they may or may not know that have it; to create a better understanding of one another.
The fellas talk about dating, the future, and other random stuff.
The founder of The Stigma Project Chris Richey and Scott McPherson will join the POZ I AM Radio Hosts.
The Stigma Project is an up and coming grassroots organization that aims to lower the HIV infection rate and neutralize the stigma associated with HIV/AIDS through education and awareness via social media and advertising. The Stigma Project seeks to create an HIV neutral world, free of judgement and fear by working with both positive and negative individuals from all walks of life, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, race, or background. Social media has rapidly become one of today's largest mediums of news, culture, and education. They hope to embrace that with effective campaigns each season that bring awareness to the current state of HIV.
If you saw Our America With Lisa Ling this past Thursday, I will be talking to one of the the guest on the show and that I would consider a long distance friend of mine. With National HIV Testing Day on June 27th, this would be the perfect time to discuss the epidemic of HIV. Bringing the awareness of HIV/AIDS is one of those things that always will need to be discussed and kept on the forefront. Though people are getting tested and wearing condoms there has still be in a rise in HIV/AIDS cases. Tune in for this important interview!
The fellas finish up talking about the stuff from Episode 16.
HIV and AIDS is the silent killer in the black community and folks just don't want to talk about it but this week I am talking about it on my show.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, African-Americans make up nearly half of the roughly one million Americans HIV. Young adults account for much of the rising number of infections, especially African-American teenagers.
The CDC estimates that more than half of the young people diagnosed with HIV between the ages of 13 and 24 - that roughly 14 percent overall - are African-American. to shine a spotlight on this epidemic I am doing a series "Black Men Living With HIV In America.
My first guest was Marcus McPherson an HIV positive African-American man who grew up in Mississippi and now lives and goes to college in New York City. My second guess was Justin B Terry-Smith an HIV advocate and activist from Washington DC. Today my guest is Christopher Barnhill, you've seen him on BET's 106 & Park, on the cover of many magazines and he speaks at conferences all around the country. He is an HIV/AIDS Advocate and activist from D.C. He was born with HIV but didn't know his status until he was 16 and decided his status would be his mission.
Today we learn who he is, what it has been like for him living as a Black man with HIV in America and what his mission is.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (122 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (15 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (13 chatters)
- John Baptist (10 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (10 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (8 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (6 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Jacob Kohinoor Show (3 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- knowurenemy (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (2 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (2 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Boyd and Lucinda (2 chatters)
- BTR4367 (2 chatters)
- canadianglen (2 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- BeverlyD (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- DDP Radio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (1 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- The URC Show (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- theKingscourt (1 chatters)
- MoeTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Pure Journey Radio (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)