SORT BY Relevancy
"With no apology fraud or trick-knowledgy, Just trust, what I see and I say and follow me my way, I read an open booklet inside me, The star of the story that groove teller got me,Through all the dark times part of the business, The light be contingent on small forensics, My microphone'll make a man a newborn infant, It's true so the crew gon' sense it, I get in the zone." What up to all my HEADZ! It's about that time! Tonight's show we'll also do like we always do, get into some dope topics and dope music along with the illest segment of the show, Original and sample. We kick off at 9pm EST @ www.blogtalkradio.com/hiphopheadz You can call in at 646-595-2574 and give us your opinion on the joints we play tonight. HIP HOP, LET'S GOOOOOOOO!
Hip hop music and culture were born due to an incredibly unique real-world atmosphere, and since its inception, has always documented real life issues, often serving as a raw, unfiltered look at urban America through the eyes of those with a perspective like few others. Once dubbed the "CNN of the streets," hip hop has suffered something of an imposed identity crisis in recent years, being forced into a formulaic box by profit-seeking media conglomerates, seemingly more eager to produce cookie cutter music and prop up a certain sub-genre of rap superstar, at the expense of the huge range that exists in the overall music and culture.
As always, New York plays a huge part of this issue, but while NYC is still the Mecca, the issues facing hip hop that deal with race, have become a national -- even international -- issue worth discussing on its own. Add to this, the current turbulent relations between many Americans and the institutions supposedly designed "to serve and protect" them, based largely on the unequal treatment served to certain segments of the population.
In this special episode of The NY Hip Hop Report, we'll discuss both of these intriguing landscapes, both individually and how they coincide. Well discuss instances of real and perceived "cultural misappropriation" in the hip hop music business, how the industry muscled out pro-Black and "conscious" hip hop music over the years, as well as how current hip hop artists and organizations are at the forefront of the new civil rights movement, yet, rarely receive recognition or assistance, even from hip hop's most powerful figures.
If there is any episode that we need your input, it's this one. We'll be taking calls all night from listeners and a couple of special call-in guests. Join us, and join the conversation!
DJ DEEDISH, MALBEC, AND GUD MONEY ARE BRINGING YOU ANOTHER EDITION OF HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD.
We are bringing you that good hip hop music from the 90's until today. Every Monday night from 10:00 PM EST to 12:00 AM EST. Feel free to call in during our showtime for some conversation or just sit back and enjoy. Our number is 347-945-6946. Shouts to all of our listeners out there, keep doing what you do. We appreciate it!
CHECK OUT HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD ON ITUNES.
DJ DEEPDISH, DJ MALBEC, & GUD MONEY bring you another edition of HIIP HOP IS NOT DEAD....WE'VE been doing it every week since OCTOBER of last year, come take a ride with us down memory lane as we bring YOU the BEST HIP HOP from the 90's till TODAY! SHOUT OUT to ALL OUR LISTENERS and UP AND COMING ARTISTS B.B.P.....SHUL-Z and BLACK GLOBE!! keep doing what u do!!! WE have an INCREDIBLE LINEUP of CONTINUOUS HIP HOP TONIGHT!!!
CHECK OUT HIP HOP IS NOT DEAD ON ITUNES PODCAST
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (487 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (41 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (27 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (24 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- Odwirafo (20 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- The Advise Show (10 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (6 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (4 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AACONS (3 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Purpose Living Radio (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)