SORT BY Relevancy
Have you ever been told that you have beautiful eyes? Eye health is something you do NOT want to take for granted. Today’s guest is Dr. Stephen Cohen with “Dr. My Eyes”. We’re going to be talking about how to take care of your eyes, including UV protection, contact lens safety, and more.
Dr. Cohen has been published often in professional journals for optometry and ophthalmology, and has lectured to doctors and medical assistants nationally and internationally. He has served as the national spokesperson for Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (‘Vistakon’) on the affects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on the eyes, and is a member of their UV National Advisory Panel.
We’ll be talking about the importance of eye exams, not just for vision, but for general health of you eyes. We’ll review ‘contact lens 101’ We'll talk about the Importance of protecting your eyes again UV damage. http://www.PlaidforWomen.com
Contact lenses & Children) http://www.healthywomen.org/content/publication/fast-facts-your-health-contact-lenses-children
Importance of protecting your eyes from UV rays.
How can exercise and nutrition help improve your strength, increase your energy levels, improve your health and help you meet your fitness goals?
Whether you're a runner, swimmer, biker or a fitness enthusiast who is new to exercise, it's time to join us for an Iron Girl event, welcoming women from all fitness levels. The only requirement is that you are passionate about living an active and healthy lifestyle.
Learn how to start living a more balanced lifestyle where food tastes good, fad diets don't exist and crossing finish lines is the reward of healthy living choices. Strong is now the New Skinny! Let's learn how to be healthy in our active lifestyle. Marni Sumbal, owner of Trimarni Coaching and Nutrition, LLC will talk to us about her perspective on the importance of developing a healthy relationship with food and your body in order to reach personal health, fitness and body composition goals.
Join Kelley Connors, MPH, Host, Real Women on Health, with Marni Sumbal, MS, RD, LD/N and find out how you can join the movement to Get Strong with Iron Girl!
You've always wanted arms that are strong and frame your body, and abs that can center your body as you lift your groceries, baby, or even snake your way into a sexy little dress, right?
Well, skinny jeans and sexy dresses aside, Dr. Peeke and I are here to talk about why Strong is the New Skinny! There are three key letters to this message: F U N.
Dr. Peeke, Author, The Hunger Fix, will help us decode what it means to be strong, how to get strong and how to love doing it with other women in one of her fave events: Iron Girl Events.
Join Kelley Connors with Pamela Peeke, MD and have fun with the new paradigm, Strong is the New Skinny!
For more on this topic and our partnership with Iron Girl, go to http://www.realwomenonhealth.com
Todays guest is Elizabeth Battaglino, president and CEO of HealthyWomen. Beth is also a registered nurse in maternal/child health AND a new mom herself, so this discussion is relevant, timely, and well worth a listen, even if you aren't in this situation yourself. Knowledge is power!
HealthyWomen.org recently posted an article with results from a national survey of new mothers that revealed while almost all mothers recognize the importance and benefits of breastfeeding both for themselves and their babies, a large majority of moms want the right to make their own infant feeding decisions, based on all available information and what best suits their family’s needs.
With the ongoing media coverage of attachment parenting, and the formula vs. breastfeeding debate, this survey has a lot of rich data that deserves a good discussion.
Plaid for Women Radio is the show where we don't talk about business, finances, sports, real estate, or any other topics you'll hear on 'typical' talk radio. We talk about the BUSINESS OF LIFE. Relationships, work, grief and mental health, communication, time management, health and wellness, and more.
We believe that EVERY woman is a working woman, and our goal is to help women achieve goals, gain influence, and be heard.
Plaid for Women Radio is brought to you by PlaidforWomen.com, Jackson Walker, Bob Leonard Law, Ambit Energy and Jay Fox Productions. HealthyWomen.org is a partner of Plaid for Women.
Elizabeth Battaglino President and CEO of HealthyWomen. Susan Shapiro Barash gives helpful tips for couples. Charles Johnson certified life coach and author of “How to Find the Right One & Make it Last!” The Mom’s Roundtable discusses what you never knew you needed when preparing for a baby.Sarah-Jane Bedwell talks about Welch’s Kitchen Table Report.
In recognition of National Women's Health Week, we're sharing new information on use of technology to help you take care of your own health and those you care for!
Join Kelley Connors, MPH, Women's Wellness Coach with a panel of women’s health experts who have developed easy-to-use "mobile apps" for healthy living. The show will feature renowned fitness expert Denise Austin whose self-titled app is packed with workouts, daily tips and more.
Denise and I will be joined by Gwynn Cassidy, the on-line director of HealthyWomen, our radio show’s content partner, to describe the nonprofit organization’s latest endeavor. Released in conjunction with National Women’s Health Awareness Week, the Passport to Good Health app tracks health and wellness information for women and their families.
And rounding out the show we’re proud to have Amy Brightfield, Woman’s Day health director, to share the magazine’s “Faith & Action” app which features inspirational daily messages along with actionable tips to impact your life.
Join REAL WOMEN ON HEALTH ONLINE RADIO SHOW on Thursday, May 12th with Kelley Connors, MPH, Women’s Wellness Coach and all our special guests as TO JOIN, CALL IN LIVE MAY 12 AT12:30 pm EST via 1-646-929-2625 or download after the show!
What if you really had control over saving time…what would you do with another hour a day? (With Daylight Savings Time just around the corner, the question may really be more than academic:)
I mean, if you were given an extra hour…imagine what might be in store for you. A workout in the morning? More time with your kids? (less time with your kids:)). More time answering emails…or what about catching up with The View, The Good Wife or Mad Men via the Internet?
A recent survey by HealthyWomen showed that most women encounter their busiest time of day right in the morning and juggling the demands of a work schedule with domestic chores is no easy feat.
Join Kelley Connors with Natalie Schrier of Cut the Clutter, and Beth Battaglino Cahill of HealthyWomen in a conversation about saving time.
At 9:00am, we interview Megan Hill, a nonprofit consultant specializing in grant writing and social media. She’s a two-term AmeriCorps alumna and is writing a memoir on her year with AmeriCorps NCCC. She can be reached at www.serviceispower.comFrom Passioneer pictures
At 9:30am, we interview Anne Abernathy aka “Grandma Luge” who is the oldest woman to compete in the Winter Olympic Games and the first woman to participate in six Winter Olympics. In the Torino 2006 Winter Olympics, she became the first woman over the age of 50 to ever qualify for the Winter Games. Anne is a motivational speaker, writer and recently teamed with TENA and HealthyWomen to launch the Be TENAcious (BeTENAcious.net) campaign. She can be reached at www.grandmaluge.comFrom Passioneer pictures
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (169 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (86 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (15 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (10 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (10 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (9 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- NLPI RADIO USA KURT LOGSDON (8 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (8 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (6 chatters)
- ParaNation (6 chatters)
- The Captain0 (6 chatters)
- Straitway (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (5 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (5 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (5 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (4 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- VertiKal Live (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Amen Communications Network (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- WWCRHost (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- ParaAnne (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)