SORT BY Relevancy
Healthy Living Step No. 1: Take stock.
Your first step toward healthy living is to get a handle on your health status right now. Here's your to-do list:
Make appointments with your doctor and dentist. Catch up on your routine screening and immunizations, and take the opportunity to ask your doctor any questions you might have.
Gauge your girth. Measure your height and weight to check your BMI, and measure your waist circumference to see if you're overweight and if your waistline is putting your health at risk.
Assess your activity. How much physical activity do you get in a typical week? How intense is that activity? How much variety do you get in your activity, and how much do you enjoy it? The CDC recommends that adults get at least two and a half hours per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or one hour and 15 minutes per week of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, plus muscle-strengthening activities at least two days per week.
Keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat for a day -- and no fair skipping the items you're embarrassed about. "The idea is to write it down ... without judgment," says Kathianne Sellers Williams, MEd, RD, LD, a nutritionist, wellness coach, and personal trainer with Cafe Physique in Atlanta. "You can't change what you're not aware of or don't acknowledge."
Holidays are for celebrating and are meant to be enjoyed, but you don't have to sacrifice your health or beach body every time you attend a BBQ. These 7 tips can save you hundreds of calories you won't even miss and keep your health and fitness goals on track. Tune in 7/2 at noon ET.
Jon Satin MBA and Chris Pattay BBA are The Possibility Coaches™, master coaches with expertise in the areas of relationships, divorce and life challenges & transitions. Going beyond traditional coaching, Jon and Chris have guided hundreds of individuals and couples since 2002 to create healthier relationships and lives.
We will discuss how to gain a new perspective toward relationships & life by learning a new way of thinking and feeling.
Jon and Chris are authors of the highly acclaimed book: "Living an Inspired, Empowered and Joy-filled Life: 365 Daily Tips to Get You There!" Website: http://www.PossibilityCoaches.com
Change happens to many people, and this definitely occurred for Jewel. She shares why Walking for a Cause was created for not just for herself, but for others to learn more about the cause, Alzheimer's and Dementia. Tune in for the purpose of Walking for a Cause and why she wants you to join in and walk.
I recently packed up everything I owned, stuffed it into my car and drove across the country to my new home, Los Angeles.
I was on the road away from the comforts of my own home for 6 days and 7 nights.
Being particular about my food and lifestyle, I knew I was going to have to be strategic and make sure I planned ahead so I did't have to compromise my health along the way.
Today I'm sharing my tips for staying healthy while you're traveling. If you have questions on this topic, feel free to post them to my facebook page and I'll answer them on the show! www.facebook.com/robinnshirley
“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. Many people spend more time planning their vacation than their life.Your life plan should cover your vision and your personal, professional, and self-development priorities and goals. It doesn’t matter whether you are 20 or 65 a life plan is key to living your best life now with intention and purpose. Regard your life plan as a work in process. Don’t shoot for perfect—that day will never come. it is a living document. You will revise it as necessary, always fine-tuning, always tweaking. Realign your priorities as needed. Earlier in my life, my children were a high priority. Friends were a lower priority. Community service wasn’t even on the list. Now that has changed. This is natural. You have to adjust your priorities as circumstances change. Be flexible—while remaining true to your values. Review your life often. It is not a document you finish and then file away. The key to implementation is visibility. You must review your life plan on a regular basis. Revise your life plan quarterly. Plans are only useful if they are relevant. Your circumstances can change quickly. Your action plans must shift accordingly. That’s why I recommend getting away for a half-day to day-and-a-half on a quarterly basis. Use part of this time to review your life plan and revise it. We refer to this as the Reflect and Refine Stage of the 4r program. Call TransformativeLifeSolutions today at 888.848.7406.
On the couch this episode is Hunter Nash, of Best Dates Charleston! We will be discussing healthy relationship and dating tips with Hunter Nash, Founder and creative director of Best Dates Charleston. She is a relationship expert as she has advised many couples and created atmospheres where couples can learn to engage and enjoy one another.
Okay, so we should have began our exercise routine and eating the proper portion size and now it is time to check in! This show serves as an encouragement for us to continue our journey of healthy body!
Our medical advisor, Sister Kathy Russell, will resume her teaching on maintaining a healthy body, including a review of portion size, exercise, and retaining a healthy weight for our body size. Be encouraged! Be inspired! You are not alone!
Talk with you soon
Small a Business Expo Dallas is scheduled for Thursday, May the 15th so let's talk about what to expect in #BigD plus how to maintain a healthy lifestyle this spring/summer
in Self Help
Dr. Glenn Miya is a double board certified physician in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. He is the host of Smart Health Talk Radio which focuses on keeping people healthy and empowered.
Years of gymnastics and karate taught him that the fundementals of health are proper diet, proper rest, and proper exercise.
Dr. Glenn is an advocate of clearn and concise communication between doctors and patients. He's currently writing a book about "How to Really Get Your Doctor to Listen to You."
He has been featured on National Public Radio, PBS, MTV's LOGO Channel, KFWB, and KNX 1070 in Los Angeles.
Join Host Live Chats
- Mindzmatter (64 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (60 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (48 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (17 chatters)
- The Portal (17 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (16 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (14 chatters)
- SHRAonair (12 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (11 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Fins Radio (9 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (7 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (6 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (5 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (4 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (3 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (3 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Rick Moran (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rockin Sports (0 chatters)