SORT BY Relevancy
Open adoption is the norm in for domestic infant adoptions in the US and becoming more common in foster care adoption and international adoption. Host Dawn Davenport will interview Dr. Hal Grotevant and Dr. Ruth McRoy, long time researchers on the impact of openness on all members of the adoption triad, and lead researchers of the Minnesota / Texas Adoption Research Project (MTARP). They literally wrote the book on open adoption and how we currently practice adoption.
We will be talking about adoption with actress and humanitarian Cassidy Mack She is the Official Spokesperson for the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and will be speaking about National Adoption Day, Love Gives Chances and her new movie Two Secrets among other subjects. Call in with your experiences and questions as well to 718.766.4494 :-)
Love All Humans Hosts: Shawn & Tracy Williams
Email yourquestions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Call 562.283.3115
What do you need to know when you first start thinking about adoption. Where do you begin? Host Dawn Davenport will interview Jim Thompson, a South Carolina attorney, with offices in Spartanburg and Charleston. He has worked in the field of adoption and assisted reproductive law for 25 years. Leanne Carnes, Chief Operating Officer at Children's Connection Inc., an adoption and child welfare agency with offices throughout Texas. Kara Eusebio, Associate Director of Outreach with Spence-Chapin Services to Families & Children in New York City.
Blog summary of the show and highlights can be found here:
Blog summary of the show
More Creating a Family resources on adoption can be found here.
On our show today we talk about The Impact of Adoption with our special guest Douglas Reprogle from AGAPE Adoption Agency. In the U.S. 397,122 children are living without permanent families in the foster care system. 101,667 of these children are eligible for adoption, but nearly 32% of these children will wait over three years in foster care before being adopted.
Guest Speaker Information:
Douglas Reprogle - AGAPE Adoption Agency
Phone: 480.272.7994 ext 122
Join us Friday September 19th@ 10:00 EDT as Pam Kroskie interviews Barbara Ohrstrom
Like cowboys turning in the saddle to look at where they came from, Searching for the Castle documents the backtrail of author Barbara Leigh Ohrstrom’s adoption. It begins with her urgency as an eighteen-year-old woman initiating her search for her birth parents. Her recollection includes court petitions, letters, Division of Social Service documents, and other original documents usually buried behind the lock and key of the law.
In this memoir, she narrates the unearthing of her history and that of her family. Some of her discoveries are filled with pain, while others are joyful, including locating sisters, another brother, and eventually nieces and a nephew. A story of how one woman comes to terms with her identity, Searching for the Castle tells of real people doing the best they can to live and love in the often heartbreaking circumstances of life.
As Ohrstrom shares her journey to find her birth parents, she reveals her emotions throughout the process, discovering that her identity is self-created, but also that her being is governed, in part, by her ancestors and family lines. Searching for the Castle communicates the message that love creates families and that the family to which Ohrstrom belonged in foster care gave her a mother, father, and family filled with love and decency.
Joining Mary E. today will be Michelle Durpetti, daughter of proprietors Tony and Marion Durpetti and granddaughter of founder Gene Michelotti. Also, joining us will be Molly Philosophos Director of Development with Hephzibah Children's Association.
Chicago legend Gene & Georgetti, nestled under the El tracks at 500 N. Franklin St., supports National Adoption Month in November by donating a portion of proceeds from all dessert sales- including handmade Tiramisu, Chocolate Tuxedo Mousse Cake, and their famous Italian Lemon Crème Layer Cake- to Oak Park based Hephzibah Children’s Association.
Hephzibah’s Group Homes are where abused and neglected children come to heal and grow, where they can be free of fear, worry, and loneliness. Their family based services renew and strengthen family bonds and their foster care services create new, loving and secure family ties. Hephzibah’s day care program offers an award winning educational experience for children in the community — regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
Since opening in 1941, Gene & Georgetti is still family owned and operated. Co-founder Gene Michelotti’s daughter Marion Durpetti and her husband Tony Durpetti purchased the restaurant in 1990 after the passing of her father. Marion’s cousin Richard Ciota serves as general manager while their daughter Michelle Durpetti runs marketing and events. "We are thrilled to bring some attention to and donate toward Hepzibah during National Adoption Month. As a family who has enjoyed the blessings of adoption, this is a cause very close to our heart," says the Durpetti Family.
Pastor Hank Fortener is the founder of the world's first adoption crowd funding site, AdoptTogether.org. His family has adopted 8 kids from 5 countries and he had with 36 foster siblings. As an adoption advocate, Hank dreams of a world with no more orphans.
Show Sponsor: DreamItAlive.com is a global community guiding users to create their “dream life” with scientifically proven visualization tools, dreamboards® and personal development content.
Donna M. Gray-Banks added 2 new photos.
Sweet Tea With A Chaser - 9:00 p.m. EST Monday, November 17, 2014 featuring Agnolila Gay - Extraordinary Poet - talks about her book at 9:15 p.m.
9:45 p.m. Grown Folks Travel With Alyce Williams....
"So You Think My Heart's Made of Stone" You are all in and your partners cards are still in their hand.
Call in 646-478-3527 Join The Conversation
Call in 646-478-3527
or go to
Our community enjoys a robust circle of souls! We span all demographics, continents, ages, abilities and creeds including Wicca, witchcraft, and related male mysteries.
How often do you have the chance to meet an out, gay, witch?
Now's your chance! Meet Casey Giovinco.
In the next 30 minutes, we'll shine some light on a community often shrowded in mystery. After the show, click to connect with Casey to learn more about his teaching, events and upcoming workshops.
To be on this show, click to connect with Soul, the host of Gay Soul Talk.
Kevin Klehr, an out published writer shares:
selected readings and
backstory on his latest gay fiction novels:
Drama Queens with Love Scenes
Drama Queens and Adult Themes
Also meet Carrie and TJ (two fans / readers) who share both reviews and insights on Kevin's work.
While listening to this show, visit Kevin's site to keep up on on his latest works, events and shows.
Your host, Soul Dancer, invites you to be on this show! Click this link to email Soul with a day, time and topic for your show.
To listen to all our on-demand shows, click this link or subsribe to our iTunes stream.
Music: Clean Soul (first reading); Wisps of Whorls (second reading) by Kevin MacLeod Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
NYS Senator Tony Avella talks about a ban against fracking waste being imported into New York State from Pennsylania
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (94 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (85 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (49 chatters)
- in5d (33 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (31 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (25 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (23 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- ALLFACTS CONCEPT CRUSHER (17 chatters)
- Black Author Network (17 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (15 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- Rifleman (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (11 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (11 chatters)
- New Beginnings Radio (10 chatters)
- Bill Murray (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (8 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Seika Network (4 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (3 chatters)
- redmaryland (3 chatters)
- CommunityRadio (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- The New World Order Revolution (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Throne Seekers Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Universal Christian Ministries (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (1 chatters)
- SavingSouls (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- minister sophie (0 chatters)
- The American Republic (0 chatters)