SORT BY Relevancy
Many questions swirl around the subject of end of life. When should I start planning? What exactly is a DNR? Who should be involved in the creation of this plan?
These questions and more will be addressed when host Tami Neumann sits down in conversation with Brenda Kassees, RN and Administrator for Compassionate Care Hospice in Canton, Michigan.
Learn how you can help your loved ones to be prepared to care for you in the best way possible by creating a living will such as 5 wishes.
Learn more about Compassionate Care Hospice.
Sign up for Conversations In Care Newsletter
Dr. Jonas will review a fascinating Advanced Care Planning Symposium he attended at UD last weekend which included an introduction to a new proposed DNR form for Ohio (MOLST form). Grief and loss is the topic of Dr Synonymous Blog this week. Other blogs and tweets may be mentioned as the show moves along. Listen in. Join the chat room.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Angelo E. Volandes. Angelo is a physician and researcher at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is also the founder of Advance Care Planning Decisions, a nonprofit organization devoted to encouraging The Conversation through the use of videos. He lives outside Boston, Massachusetts. Through his vocation as a physician and the work of his nonprofit, Advanced Care Planning Decisions—which encourages The Conversation through patient videos—Volandes has dedicated his life to establishing a new standard of care. THE CONVERSATION is the essential guide that has long been missing from American medicine. It will embolden patients and inspire doctors to advocate for the choices that promote peace of mind and improve quality of life, because a life well lived deserves a good ending.
this episode Q&A includes:
• sleepless nights and menopause- nourishing adrenals with nettle infusion, stay in bed..
• distracted and emotional in menopause? ask family not to depend on you for 1 year..
• NHI's are a simple and deep way of nourishing yourself..
• successfully conceived with vitex, NHI's and animal fats at every meal..
• herbs for surgery and looking at other options..
• side effects from NHI's? drink less, rotate through all of them..
• chickweed slight blood thinner..
• poison ivy reaction or gingko reaction- osha root tincture seems to stop histamine reaction..
• clitoral tissue is non aging- calendula ointment..
• stroke victim and self care..
• eliminate heavy metals with seaweed..
• dream pillows- lavender, hops, cronewort..
Tonight we discuss with Celeste Toombs the importance of pre-planning for the End of Life. As we are all aware that some day we will leave this earth but don't want to think about the process and the preparation in doing so. Why not make it easier for our loved ones and allow them the time they need to grieve versus the planning part of it. Celeste has embarked upon this entrepreneurial venture to help educate us on creating End of Life plans.
Spirit Matters; & End of Life Health Care with Judy Flickinger
In her book, Spirit Matters, Judy Flickinger offers a seldom-considered but all-important perspective on what really matters at the end of life. As a retired hospice nurse turned author, Judy focuses on the importance of keeping the spirit—the person inside the dying body—alive and well during the course of a life-limiting illness.Spirit Matters exposes the motives, misconceptions, and lack of knowledge that often prevent dying people from receiving the type of care that can create and maintain a healthy spirit. The message in Spirit Matters is conveyed in eleven lessons illuminated by the personal stories of dying people and their families. Readers will learn, laugh, cry, and hopefully realize that near the end of life, first and foremost - Spirit Matters
Judy Flickinger was a hospice nurse for the last twelve years of her forty two-year professional life as a registered nurse. During her hospice career, she worked directly with hundreds of dying persons and their loved ones.
Early in her hospice work, Judy came to realize that a successful hospice outcome depended as much, if not more so, on the condition of the patient’s spirit as it did on the condition of the patient’s body. She recognized that a healthy spirit could make the difference between a miserable death and a positive, meaningful end-of-life experience for both the patients and their loved ones.
For more information visit: http://www.spiritmattersauthor.com/index.html
When it comes to end-of-life care, one conversation can make all the difference.
On National Health Care Decisions Day, April 16th, 2015, 10am-3pm, Alameda County will host a Conversation Village—a place where you can consider, communicate and document your health care wishes.
In the Village, erected in Oakland’s Frank Ogawa Plaza, you can talk about health care resources, hear stories about what matters to people or complete your own advanced directives.
Click here to register and find out more.
Welcome to our NEW Time and Format
Giving us more time for conversation I have extended Conversations In Care to an hour and will be introducing you to Tony Fischer and The Fischer Report. Join us in conversation!
This Week on Conversations In Care
Let's welcome Aishling Dalton - Kelly. Aishling is going to help us understand how to find the best Home Care Team for your family and loved ones. She will help us to understand what to look for and the best questions to ask, to know that you have found a great fit.
Leran more about Aishling
Aishling Dalton-Kelly was born and raised in Ireland and is the youngest of ten daughters. She committed to helping those who are aging after her father was diagnosed with a terminal illness and she watched her mother develop dementia.
Aishling worked closely with her nine sisters to make decisions to care for her mother and father; keeping them home, healthy and happy for as long as they possibly could. It was through this hands-on and very personal experience that the idea of AishlingCompanion Home Care was born. The goal in this work is to provide the same level of care for your family's loved ones asAishling was able to provide for her own aging parents.
Aishling is a dedicated mother of four and business woman. All of her work building Aishling Companion Home Care is dedicated to her mother and father for the wonderful childhood and life of beautiful traditions and memories that were created for her and her sisters.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (431 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (55 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (40 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (40 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- BeverlyD (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- Odwirafo (20 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (7 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (5 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (5 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Reach Out America (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (3 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (2 chatters)
- The Steven Knight Show (2 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- Interstellar Realities (1 chatters)