SORT BY Relevancy
The action that affects mmj patients the most is happening right now on the floor of the California state legislature and the 6 p.m. Monday, July 21 podcast of Marijuana Compassion and Common Sense at www.blogtalkradio.com/marijuananews takes you right into the action.
Shona Gochenaur, long time medical marijuana activist, founder of the San Francisco Medical Cannabis Taskforce and winner of the Volunteer of the Year Award from the Harvey Milk Democratic Club is the show’s first guest. She will be taking a very jaundiced and personal look at SB 1262, one of the most important and consequential bills being considered in Sacramento. Both hailed and reviled, SB 1262 will have far reaching implications and Shona will provide her interpretation on how this bill will help and hurt mmj patients.
Americans for Safe Access is without a doubt the most active mmj patients’ organization in California and perhaps the entire world. As a founder and member of the Board of Directors, Don Duncan is deeply involved in their efforts here in the state of California. As the second guest on the Monday, July 21 show, Don will provide ASA’s insights into the legislation currently under consideration in Sacramento and provide information on ASAs Citizen Lobby Day in Sacramento to take place on Monday, Aug. 4.
A van trip is being organized that will take up to 15 patients from the Inland Empire to Sacramento to join ASA members and hundreds of other supporters to lobby their legislators on bills that will affect mmj patients. Learn from Don what is happening and how you can attend this important event.
In 1986 Randy Lanier won a sports car championship and shattered an Andretti record to become the Indy 500 rookie of the year. What most people didn't know is he paid for his racing dreams by smuggling massive quantities of marijuana.
At the height of the Reagan-era War on Drugs, federal prosecutors charged Lanier and his associates with shipping more than 600,000 pounds of marijuana into the U.S. from Colombia. For eight months, he hid as a fugitive in Antigua, but was eventually caught, arrested, prosecuted and a few days before Christmas 1988 was sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.
Under mysterious circumstances that remain sealed by a court order, he was released on Oct. 15, 2014 and is living in a halfway house in Florida. As our first guest, Randy reveals what he is allowed to about his case, speaks out on the necessity of freeing the multitude of people serving life sentences in prison for marijuana prohibition offenses and takes a look at a world that has changed considerably in three decades,
Local initiatives in California communities to allow for patient cultivation and to reverse bans and enact ordinances to allow medical marijuana collectives did not fare well in the November 2014 elections. On the other hand, initiatives to impose taxes on medical marijuana sales did very well. Our 2nd guest is Don Duncan, one of the founders of Americans for Safe Access and currently serving on their Board of Directors, has been up to his neck in alligators on this issue for over a decade.
As the chief lobbyist for ASA, Don has come to learn the intricacies of local and state government and will discuss why the mmj collective and patient cultivation initiatives failed, why taxing marijuana was so popular and what options are available to address the continuing problem of patient access to mmj on the state and local level.
Our conversation this week has been all about torture, and now the Congress is fighting against reconciling with Cuba. We have accepted Torture as a way of life even though it is not how we as a nation have operated in the past. 130 Children shot dead in a school in Pakistan, six members of a family in Pennsylvania, killed by an ex-husband, before he commits suicide, and young Black men shot dead in the streets of our cities and in the parks and in Wal Mart. There needs to be a reconsideration of what is right as we pass through this life. We need to respect each other and wish only the best for one another. Join us at 9:00 am est 12/18/14 on blogtalkradio.com /don-durant online or on the phone: 718-305-6322
Deliver Sound Doctrine...And the People will follow. How many of our faithful leaders are still standing? How many of our strong Pastors are still leading? How many of our people are lost due to faulty Teaching. There are many wonderful Pastors: David Walker, Donnie McClurkin, Sedwick Easley, Phillip McDowell, Ernest Barnett and so many others. These men stand out among the crowd,and we will speak on s o many others. Our broadcast will also focus on our political leadership as well, to weed out those who fail to consider the needs of the people. Join us online: blogtalkradio.com /don-durnt or on the phone: 718-305-6322. 6:00 pm est. Lend us your ears.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (91 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (29 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (26 chatters)
- reactionariez (21 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (18 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Straitway (13 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (8 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (3 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (1 chatters)
- Growl Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)