SORT BY Relevancy
Today's topic focuses on "Domestic Violence And Abuse". This is an Encore show from February 28th. 2011. The Headline News recently has brought Domestic Violence issues to the public's awareness and I wanted to have an encore show with a very special guest my guest is Miss. L.Y. Marlow. She is the third generation of her family to have been a victim and survivor of domestic violence: a violence that almost took her own life and the life of her unborn child. In her award-winning Color Me Butterfly, she tells the poignant and evocative story of four generations of mothers and daughters: the true story of her grandmother, her mother, herself, and her daughter; and the toll intergenerational domestic violence and abuse has had on her family for over sixty years. L.Y. will be speaking about her courages story of Domestic Violence and how she survived the violence and abuse. We will also be discussing her award-winning book "Color Me Butterfly". If you or someone you know has been a victim of Domestic Violence And Abuse you won't want to miss this very informative show. If you would like to know more about L.Y. Marlow please visit her website at http://www.colormebutterfly.com/ There you will also find Domestic Violence Help And Resources important numbers and links for help for you or someone you know that may need help. You can also visit www.savingpromisecampaign.org Thank you Sonia. :))))
THE COMMUNITY ON ABUSE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RETURNS FOR THE SEQUEL ASKING THE QUESTION: "IS IT WISE TO RETURN?" MANY RELATIONSHIPS EXPERIENCE HIGHS AND LOWS, PAIN AND TRAUMA, AS WELL AS JOY AND HAPPINESS. WE ARE GOING TO EXPLORE IN THIS DISCUSSION THE REASON PEOPLE RETURN TO RELATIONSHIPS WHEN THERE ARE ACTS OF ABUSE AND VIOLENCE WITHIN THE HOMES. THERE ARE MANY SIDES TO THIS QUESTION AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO EXPLORING THEM WITH YOU. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN SPEAK TO THIS QUESTION FIRST HAND THEN PLEASE INVITE THEM TO THE PROGRAM. WE HOPE YOU WILL TUNE IN AND LISTEN IN ONE POSITIVE WAY.
Tonight on Sports Talk with Bryan Nolen, we chat about the latest incidents involving Domestic Abuse in the NFL and give you guys our thoughts on them. We will discuss what the NFL should do as well as law enforcement and more. Steven Meador co-host as this will be an emotional packed show. Tune in and share your thoughts.
Domestic Violence is nothing New! But its been running rampid on the News recently!! The Drop wants your opinion, we want your stories!! How do you feel about the recent situations (Ray Rice, The NFL) and how they're being handled! Then there's Child Abuse (Adrien Peterson, The NFL) When is it crossing the line, when it comes to disciplining your child?? Tell us how you feel about it, how do you discipline your children? Do you use a switch? Do you use a belt? Or just put them on Time Out?
in Self Help
Denial at it's most basic is saying something hasn't happened. It is extremely sick, and extremely powerful. It is the way that we can commit abuse and still live with ourselves. It allows us to continue being abusive by staying in the sick place, and by allowing us to hide our sickness from others so that we can maintain the abusive situation for a longer period of time.
We lie to others, and most devastatingly, we lie to ourselves.The major tactics we use in maintaining our denial are minimizing, rationalizing, and justifying. The effect of these tactics is to redefine what happened, what is acceptable, and what is harmful in such a way that ultimately any act, no matter how hideous, can be carried out.
Excerpt from: http://www.verbalabuse.com/
The NFL appears to have a huge problem with players committing acts of domestic abuse. In recent weeks three NFL players found themselves at the center of controversy for abusing women in their lives. The most notable is Ray Rice, who was seen on video knocking his wife unconscious on an elevator. On the heels of this story is an account of Jonathan Dwyer of the Arizona Cardinals accused of head butting his wife and breaking her nose after she refused his sexual advances. Then there is Greg Hardy, “The Kraken”, of the Carolina Panthers. In July, Greg Hardy was found guilty of assaulting his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her.
These were the most notable abusive acts by NFL players against women recently. There is another NFL player that has made the news for an abusive act. However, in this case it wasn’t against a woman.
Adrian Peterson, of the Minnesota Vikings, is accused of going too far in disciplining his four year old son. It is said that Peterson used a “switch” in disciplining his son and left bruises on the child.
ESPN writer Kate Fagan weighed in during an interview and called on the NFL to invest millions of dollars to address the issue of domestic violence and abuse. She even conveyed that we need to reprogram how we raise men.
What are your thoughts on domestic violence? Do you think it’s gotten worse over the years? What can be done to resolve this social ill? Does the Holy Bible offer a solution?
Please feel free to phone into the Virtual Living room with your comments or questions. We air programs on Blog Talk Radio at the following times: Sun 2:00pm, Mon 8:00pm, Tue 8:00pm, Wed 7:00pm, Thu 8:00pm, Fri 7:00pm & Sat 9:00am. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
Join A.Raquel, Mahoghani Dawn and Ray Cornelius on Tuesday for another edition of The Conversation Cafe™ as they discuss the latest news and entertainment topics of the day during their “Keeping You In the Know” segment and in the second half of the show A.Raquel and Mahoghani Dawn will discuss “Domestic Abuse A Major Social Problem” and review Domestic Violence Facts (http://www.ncadv.org/files/DomesticViolenceFactSheet(National).pdf) from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (http://www.ncadv.org/). Tune in to join the conversation at 773-97-3986 and “Remember…where there’s no dialogue, there’s no conversation!”
Follow Ray Cornelius on Facebook: facebook.com/Ray-Cornelius Twitter: @RayCornelius75 Instagram: instagram.com/raycornelius. For more information about the National Coalition Against Domestic Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SupportNCADV?sk=timeline and National Statistics about Domestic Violence http://www.ctcadv.org/information-about-domestic-violence/national-statistics/. 24/7 national hotline: The National Domestic Violence Hotline (http://www.thehotline.org/).
Physical Violence and Domestic Abuse Are not exclussively to having female victims! Men are significantly abused and victims of physical violence OFTEN in relationships by their female counterpart! We REALLY have to elevate our level and methodology towards EDUCATING ALL PEOPLE to the down sides of #PhysicalViolence and #DomesticAbuse We must STOP SETTING OUR WOMEN UP with the ignorant notion and cindiotoning that they can merely violently act on thier emotional empulses of dislike and distain, etc!!! This will significantly help our society as a whole, vs just the "battered women of the country"!
Make sure you CHeck out the archive from this show...
in Self Help
Domestic Abuse for an adult is complicated and hard to comprehend and digest. How is it that an adult can be abusive to a "toddler?" They are the most INNOCENT, creatures on this earth and has a clean slate that has not been tarnished and is exposed to domestic abuse......it is INCOMPREHENSIBLE, DEPLORABLE, and most ASSININE, thing one could do to a child.
There are several videos via the internet that shows how horrific this act is deliberately perpetrated on innocent children. What can you do about it?
Who should you tell if you see it? Where can you find help for the child/children?
When should you speak up? How can you prevent it from happening?
We have resources available for you.......join us!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (137 chatters)
- John Baptist (79 chatters)
- Channel Panel (75 chatters)
- in5d (70 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (66 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (24 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (17 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (16 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (13 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- AlimBey (12 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- Tarhaka (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- thedean (10 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (8 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (8 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- DDP Radio (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- canadianglen (3 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (3 chatters)
- Dr Fred (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (3 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Chillz33 (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Soon2BeCatLady Show (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- The Tabernacle Dwells IN YOU (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (1 chatters)
- David and Wes (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)