SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Domestic Abuse for an adult is complicated and hard to comprehend and digest. How is it that an adult can be abusive to a "toddler?" They are the most INNOCENT, creatures on this earth and has a clean slate that has not been tarnished and is exposed to domestic abuse......it is INCOMPREHENSIBLE, DEPLORABLE, and most ASSININE, thing one could do to a child.
There are several videos via the internet that shows how horrific this act is deliberately perpetrated on innocent children. What can you do about it?
Who should you tell if you see it? Where can you find help for the child/children?
When should you speak up? How can you prevent it from happening?
We have resources available for you.......join us!
All of us have come into contact with someone in an abusive situation at least once in our lives, or perhaps we were the victim of domestic abuse ourselves. What most people neither know or understand is that there is a lot more to breaking the cycle of abuse than just walking away from the abusive relationship. Sometimes it is about completely changing who you are and how you think, but mostly it is about healing and finding your confidence again.
On today's show we will be discussing how to break the cycle of abuse and get a second chance at a good life. We will be speaking with victims of abuse that have broken the cycle, and asking them how they did it and how their lives changed post abuse.
The phone lines will be open so if you feel you have something to contribute to the discussion please do call in! (646)716-6583
in Self Help
Domestic Abuse and the Effects of REJECTION!
The word "rejection" without any descriptive suggest alienation, isolation and pain. How does rejection from a parent inflict trauma, and pain on a child?
The supposed natural order of a mother is to love her child/children but as we see more and more in this day and time this is not always the case of a natural love for the off-spring of a parent. What can you do when you feel that your mother the person that brought you into the world "rejects" you and also by your siblings.
We are going to speak with Dr. Carolyn Sutton, Author of ' REJECTED BY MEN' BUT CHOSEN BY GOD, as she share her story of rejection.
You will hear how all along GOD has purpose for her life through it ALL. Her story will encourage and inspire you to know that GOD is always there and will bring "purpose" from your pain.
This is a very inspiring book about the author's story of rejection and resiliency! Her book is available at www.amazon.com.
in Self Help
A triad of very early development factors produce an abusive personality.
1. Witnessing abuse in the family of origin.
2. Being ashamed by a parent.
3. Being insecurely attached to a parent through their erratic emotional availability.
The full development of the abusive personality may be formed over time but the direction is set early on.
These are just a few of the factors in developing an abuser male or female.
Join us as we discuss how these factors manifest themselves in later adult relationships.
SPONSORED BY MARK PITTMAN--Domestic abuse is a serious issue. Victims are traumatized by direct threats, and imprisoned by conditioned co-dependency. When someone you love, depend on, or who has supported you turns violent or becomes the very oppressor they once shielded you from, the damage is hard to repair. African-Americans on a whole suffer massive domestic abuse...by the nation that was supposedly built on freedom, civil liberties, choice and morals. A country that promised to afford and protect the rights of people to live freely and choose their deity, wardrobe, faith and preferences without fear of repercussions or harm. The victim pool is massive among these two factions. How do we overcome the chains and the self-lothin instilled in us by our perpetrators? How do we truly break free from the chains that bind us to the pain we loathe yet cannot seem to put in its rihtful place...which is back on the people who gave it to us. Join in tonight at 10:30 pm EST with your thoughts.
Join host Grace Aron and guest speakers Manna Techlemariam, Veronica Saccoh and Fatima Kourouma to discuss the intersection of Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse/Mental Health.
in Self Help
The question comes up quite often regarding domestic abuse and those who survive it. "Did you choose to be abused?" It may seem to be a harsh question to ask a survivor and really asinine to ask this question.
However, if you do not understand how domestic abuse slips into your world and begin to tear at your very core. Yes, maybe the quesiton should be asked.
We will share how one may choose it and more important how not to choose it.
Conscious-decision is very important in which relationship you will choose. Are you choosing one that will set you up to be abused or choosing to be in a "healthy" relationship?
Real Talk All the Time will be interviewing a young lady by the name of Chitown. She is a motivational speaker, counselor and survivor of child abuse and domesitc violence. Join us as we analyze a cycle of violence. Also we will look at the FAILURE that is the foster care system. Many children are put into the foster care in hopes that they will be cared for only to find out they are suffering horrendous and almost unspeakable abuse. Is the Foster Care system a Haven for pedophiles and rapists? Who will hear the cry of these kids and do something to stop it. Foster Care a wolf in sheeps clothing. As usual we will also have our commentary on Sports, Entertainment, and Politics. Join us Tuesday, July 15th @7:30pm Eastern Time. REAL TALK ALL THE TIME. 100% Real unpolished and unrehearsed, real talk for real people. The call in is 347-637-3010. www.realtalkallthetime.com
Bonnie and Thomas Liotta interview Jane Evans from the U.K. She has been a Parenting Specialist, Trainer, Speaker, Writer and Blogger (also Mum, Step-Mum, Step-Nana!) for over 20 years. She specializes in helping families who have been exposed to trauma through domestic abuse, mental illness, substance dependency or other difficulty.
Jane is the author of the acclaimed How are you feeling today Baby Bear? an early years story book to enable children to explore feelings relating to living in a stormy home, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Creating Champions for Life is a world wide humanitarian movement to heal, unite and empower families and communities, equipping them with the necessary tools to strengthen idividual standards, ethics and values while, together, raising the next generation.
in Self Help
Huniie is a poet, motivational speaker, abstract painter, custom gift basket designer, and spoken word artist. She has been writing since high school, where an English teacher took an interest in her poems and short stories and encouraged her to keep writing.
Huniie has gone from being a victim of child hood abuse/child hood sexual abuse/ domestic violence/ rape/ mental and emotional abuse, to helping others on the road of recovery and healing. Huniie has taken what was meant to destroy her, and turned it into a tool to help others along this path.
Join us as we talk with her about her journey from childhood sexual abuse and her surviving spirit.
in Self Help
How many people do you know, or do not know are walking around seemingly doing well and are troubled with depression?
They look normal but battle sometimes in a terrible place of silence.
What can you do to help them?
a state of feeling sad. : a serious medical condition in which a person feels very sad, hopeless, and unimportant and often is unable to live in a normal way.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (28 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (27 chatters)
- Straitway (26 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (25 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (24 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (22 chatters)
- The Portal (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (14 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (11 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (10 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (10 chatters)
- dtm radio (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (6 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (4 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- HannaproDiscus (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- Exposed Radio (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Big Dogs Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Love Talk (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (0 chatters)