SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Urban author, Dion Cheese, an African-American writer, penned Who Am I; The Chronicles of Cain; Explain It To Her Momma; and Caught Slipping.
Formally a hip-hop recording artist, father, convict, and drug dealer, Dion was born in northern New Jersey, the 7th of 8 siblings. Raised in the inner city section of Plainfield New Jersey, his life was anything but a Norman Rockwell portrait; life was hard, cold and at times cruel. Crime and drug-ridden, Dion avoided the lures of selling drugs and/or using them, coming from a family where everyone had succumb to one or the other. He somehow managed to have the force of will and vision to step outside his world, becoming the first in his family history to go to college to pursue a degree in Chemical Engineering.
In his late teens, however, he felt the pull of the large wake his older brother was creating in hip hop music. Robert, A/K/A Dee Jay Cheese, better known as DJ King Kut, by his late teens was already a multi-award winning DJ World Champion, and later an inductee to the DMC Hall of Fame.
Dion had always been inspired to write, and recorded his first song, “Phenomenal”, through CSI Entertainment in the mid-1980s as a tribute to the older brother’s talents. Two years later he formed Third Street productions and recorded the singles Third Street, Come On Everybody, Kick The Habit, and Leading The pack — released on Big City Records. He performed live at countless festivals, ands did shows at The Strand Theater in Plainfield New Jersey [headlined by E.M.P.D], and Newark Symphony Hall [headlined by BDP, D-Nice and Poor Righteous Teachers].
Along with his manager, Bruce T. Dugan, he founded Big City Records and, with the initial release of Third Street, the company established distribution through Schwartz Brothers, one of the largest independent national distributors at that time.
The host looks at the fallout from Sen. Cotton's letter to IRAN. What damage if any has this letter done to negotiations between Iran and the United States. Republican and Democrat leaders speak out. John Kerry weighs in as well. Ferguson fallout from DOJ report. Civil Chat with Lee also looks at what else is trending.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at the IRAN NEGOTIATIONS, Hilary Clinton's erasing of inbox, TED CRUZ. the BIGOT state of Indiana and supreme BIGOT MIKE PENCE, Harry Reid is retirning, and whatever YOU want to talk about.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at What's Trending with Iran, Boehner's love fest visit to Israel, the American Horror Freak Show Congress, the hypocrisy of our theocracy, and whatever you want to talk about.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at What's Trending? NY City Police Officer INDICTED, Scott Walker up to his old tricks again, Obama lies about his stance on Gay Marriage?, Eric Holder asked to quack during interview?? Brian Williams future?? What is plan for the extermination of ISIS by Obama Administration?
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending: Oregon State College Student gets deal with Penthouse over naughty acts in public, Giuliani says Obama doesn't love America, Texas federal judge blocks Obama immigration act, GOP lawmaker says Planned Parenthood is worse than ISIS, Is Scott Walker smart ebough to be president?
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending around the United States on this Tuesday, December 23rd. Main story is on blame put on President Obama and the alleged "blood on the hands" as well as on the steps of city hall as stated by NYPD union president Patrick Lynch and ex mayor Guiliani. Sony to release "The Interview on a limited basis Christmas Day". Did US cause internet to shut down in North Korea.
December 23, 2014 at 5:00:00 PM PST 1 minutes
Civil+Chat+with+Lee North+Korea+gets+hackedBlood+on+hands+of+president+according+to+Guiliani Lynch+calls+out+mayorCops+turn+their+back+on+mayor Proterstors+chant+Kill+CopsTheaters+release+The+Interview+on+Chiristmas+Day
Progressive radio show host Lee looks as the best and worst from CPAC, Jeb Bush gets walked out on at CPAC, Rand Paul shines, Scott Walker continues the con game, and a hot of many eithers give their two cents, Leonard Nimoy passes away, Nancy Pelosi whips his democrats to stand together forcing republicans to come back with another clean bill after a week, and other news.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at trending events including fallout from Superbowl, Megyn Kelly and Mike Huckabee over women swearing, President Obama's budget on income inequality and our featured Iowa Free Summit GOP candidate Rick Santorum.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending: Bobby Brown releases statement, fallout from burning Jordanian pilot by ISIS, Obama does NOT back down on DACA, Rick Santorum's homophobic tendencies, and the substance of GOP talking points. Does GOP have a plan for immigration, middle class economics or do they just whine?
Civil Chat with Lee discusses what's trending: Poncho Nevarez Texas State Representative gets harassed by Open Carry advocates, Joni Ernst to give GOP rebuttal to 2015 State of The Union Speech, Charlie Hebdo founder says slain editor "dragged staff" to their deaths. The main segment will be a look back at Wall St. and their role in the recent great recession and their current repeated behavior.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (69 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (11 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (11 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (9 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (5 chatters)
- The Endless Light (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (4 chatters)
- alexas29 (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Roger Taylor (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- Triangle Variety Radio (2 chatters)
- The Sisterhood Exchange (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Ant Bowden Show (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- SweetSouthernTRadio (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)