SORT BY Relevancy
Join Dr. Mike Robinson, host of Parent Talk Live as he dicusses what parents need to know about Common Core. His guest is Nita Rudy who is currently the Program Director for the national office of Parents for Public Schools.
The Mississippi Schoolhouse to Statehouse, an initiative to engage parents throughout Mississippi to provide high quality public education opportunities to all families is one of the several family and community engagement programs she supervisors. Nita wrote the curriculum and designed the training program used by the Ohio Department of Education to create authentic parent engagement in their priority schools as well as created the Family and Community curriculum the Mississippi School Board Association will use in their training of board members.
Tune in to Parent Talk Live on Monday, May 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm for my interview with Kimberly Hall, parent volunteer at John Hanson French Immersion School in Hillcrest Heights, has been named a semifinalist and will represent Prince George's County in the competition for the 2013 Parent Involvement Matters Award (PIMA). Five finalists and the statewide winner will be announced during a gala event on May 17 at Eastern Technical High School in Baltimore The Parent Involvement Matters Award (PIMA) Program is the nation’s first statewide initiative of its kind – recognizing parents and legal guardians for their exceptional support of public education. Parents are nominated for demonstrating significant, positive impact in their education communities.
The 2013 Parent Involvement Matters Award will be presented during an evening celebration on Friday, May 17. Five finalists and a statewide winner, selected from the 24 semifinalists, will be announced during the award ceremony to be held at Eastern Technical High School in Baltimore County.
The PIMA Program recognizes parents from local school systems across the State of Maryland, nominated for their contributions in one or more of the five areas of parental involvement: Communication; Volunteering; Learning; Decision Making; and Community Collaboration.
Dr. Mike Robinson, begins the 5th season of Parent Talk Live with a special guest LT. General Russel L. Honoré.
LT General Russel L. Honore` US Army (Ret), was widely hailed by the media as the "Category 5 General" who led Task Force Katrina in the aftermath of the devastating hurricanes that struck the Gulf Coast in the summer of 2005. General Honoré is currently a Senior Scientist with The Gallup Organization, where he is working on developing questions to determine levels of preparedness, and a CNN Preparedness Contributor.
Join host, Dr. Mike Robinson as he discusses the importance of fathers with his guests J. Michael Hall, Owner, Strong Fathers-Strong Families, David Washington CEO/Founder F.A.I.R and Mr. Stanford Amos, CEO and Founder of Save our Sons.
Tonight’s conversation is a continuation of an earlier discussion held August 1 in support of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African American. One goal of the initiative is to raise awareness about and enhance the capacity of fathers and male mentors to support academic achievement and student development.
Join host Dr. Mike Robinson for the 5th season of Parent Talk Live Sunday, August 19 at 8:00 PM. His guest will be Mr. Albert T. Lewis winner of the 2013 Steve Harvey Neighborhood Awards for Best Teacher.
Mr. Albert T. Lewis is an eighth grade language arts teacher at Walker Mill Middle School located in Prince George’s County, Maryland. He was also named the 2013 Prince George’s County Teacher of the Year.
Charred Remains' Char welcomes good friend Joie D.Parent to her show tonight to talk about a recent weekend get-away that led to a Horror Fest in New Orleans where she met Ogre of Skinny Puppy and many more. Tune in Monday night 7pm Pacific/9pm Central/10 pm Eastern and catch up with all things Joie and horror host Char Hardin.
Join me on Sunday, May 13, 2013 from 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm for my discussion about the validity of Year Round School Calendars and Traditional School Calendars and the impact if any on student achievement. School districts around the country have begun to re-examine the benefits and challenges of extending school days and the school year. In Washington DC, D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray and schools chancellor Kaya Henderson are considering expanding the school day and school year as an attempt to improve overall test scores and increase graduation rates. Currently the school week for students attending the District of Columbia Public Schools consist of 30 hours, which according to Mayor Gray is simply no longer enough time. Many champions of the extended school day and year believe adding more time will increase the ability of American students to compete with their global peers. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, a chief proponent of the longer school year, says American students have fallen behind the world academically.
However, there are those who do not support an extended school day or school and suggest there is little to no evidence that support an improvement in academic performance. “Opponents of extended school point out that states such as Minnesota and Massachusetts steadily shine on standardized achievement tests while preserving their summer break with a post-Labor Day school start” (Julie Carr Smyth (2013). Join me on Sunday, May 12, 2013 on Parent Talk Live, home of important educational discussions germane to parents and their communities. My guest will be Tina Bruno.
Tina Bruno is the executive director of the national advocacy organization, The Coalition for a Traditional School Calendar. Under her direction the cry of parents for a longer summer vacation has become a national issue and many states have enjoyed the passage of school start date legislation.
Parent Coach Toni Schutta has published a one-of-a-kind parenting book called 20 Great Ways to Raise Great Kids that has interviews with 27 experts and 10 wise parents who give their BEST advice about raising a great child who’s loving, kind, responsible, and successful. Toni will share 3 essential strategies for raising a great child from her book on this week’s show.
Join Host Live Chats
- Jamie The Psychic (83 chatters)
- Lucky Mojo Curio Company (41 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (26 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (12 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (10 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (10 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Dino Dean (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Donny C (6 chatters)
- The IPC (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (6 chatters)
- Writing Royalty (5 chatters)
- reVerse (5 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (5 chatters)
- Its Live Real Talk (5 chatters)
- Kimberly Renee (5 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (5 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (4 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (4 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (4 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (3 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- 13RevolutionRadio (3 chatters)
- PEAS IN THEIR PODS (3 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- NEWDradio (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- EMS Office Hours (2 chatters)
- EWRoss (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- Stanley Doc Scott (2 chatters)
- WORLD Change (2 chatters)
- Writestream (1 chatters)
- USA live (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (1 chatters)
- TableTalk with Tosh (1 chatters)
- TALK THAT TALK N TAMMY S WORLD (1 chatters)
- Real Talk with Mike and Steve (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Rope2Rope Radio (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- Four Elements United (1 chatters)
- GEI Radio (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- 63504 (1 chatters)
- Brother Sean X (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Informational Interviews (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)