SORT BY Relevancy
In May 2015, New Sex Assault Allegations against the student trucker training carrier CRST Van Expedited were filed. Despite the $4.5 Million class action case against this carrier from the EEOC and the $1.5 Million Karen Shank case for sexual misconduct, this entry-level driver training carrier has not ceased to have sex assault allegations against them.
Has anything changed?
Giselle Schuetz from the law firm of Joshua Friedman Esq. who filed the new case sits in on the discussion with the Women Truckers Network to hear lady drivers describe the reporting climate at CRST Van Expedited and other training issues at carriers who utilize the "team business" model to train students.
Compliance for the new hours of service rule takes effect July 1, 2013; the FMCSA MCSAC meeting on safety accountability via the CSA; the CRST sexual harrassment case settling for a mere $50,000; truck driver pay or just trucking across America the Beautiful.
We open up the phone lines in our Trucking Open Forum show to talk about whatever trucking issues are on your mind.
So . . . what do you want to talk about?
Showtime 7:30 PM Eastern July 30, 2013
Attorney Elizabeth Riles of Bobhot & Riles, LLP: The law firm that Firm that represented Karen Shank , a Former CRST trucking student who won a $1.5 Million dollar sexual harassment judgment against the carrier in 2011.
Driver Trainer Tracy Tuttle , a founding member of the REAL Women in Trucking, Former student & Trainer at CRST that was part of the CRST Sexual Harassment Class Action Case and a current driver trainer at USA Truck.
PhD Candidate Valerie Keathley , Department of Geography at the University of Kentucky. Valerie is a cultural geographer and her research interests include labor, mobility, and identity. She is currently finishing her dissertation which is titled “Life on the Big Slab: Identity and Mobility in the United States Trucking Industry.” The research data is drawn from in-depth interviews with over-the-road (OTR) truck drivers and participant observation. Valerie will be discussing her findings about gender in the trucking industry.
After studying at the Art Institute of Chicago, Mimzi Haut has exhibited widely for many years in competitive and group exhibitions and has won many awards for excellence. Trained as a realist painter, her work has moved into abstraction, with an archaeological flair. Her work is featured in corporate collections worldwide, including Hewitt Packard, Saks Fifth Avenue, Marriott Hotels, CRST, Hon Industries, and Deere & Company. She is also represented in numerous private collections across the nation. Haut also owns and operates a successful art and framing business (http://www.mimziartandframe.com).
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (87 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (53 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (40 chatters)
- John Baptist (38 chatters)
- Tarhaka (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (10 chatters)
- Ask Alice Show (6 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (6 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Bridging Spirit (4 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Cosmos Radio ACO (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (3 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- MISC on LMC Radio Network (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- No-Tea with Chrita and Cryss (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- The Gridiron Studs Show (1 chatters)
- The Huddle (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Last Second Shot Podcast (1 chatters)