SORT BY Relevancy
We are pleased to have Kathy LaTour with CURE Magazine back with us for her quarterly feature here on Because Hope Matters Radio. Kathy's latest article in CURE discussed the chemo fog -- dubbed "chemobrain." Until recently, the cognitive impairment experienced by patients post-treatment has been a bit of a mystery. Quality of life, ability to work and family relationships can all be impacted as the muddle becomes apparent, and may include: attention and concentration difficulties, changes in executive functioning and psychomotor ability, diminished processing speed, language and visual-spatial skill problems. Finally, there are therapeutic and practical approaches to help lessen the frustration and provide possible rehabilitation. Kathy will delve into the research outcomes and complexities of chemobrain in this segment.
Furthermore, we'll be talking about the late effects of treatment for adult survivors of pediatric cancers. There are an "estimated 395,000 survivors of childhood cancers living in the U.S. and the vast majority experience treatment fall-out as adults. Health problems range from organ dysfunction to hearing problems to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Some patients start experiencing "late effects" within six months, for others its years after treatment. Thankfully, there are strides being made to lessen the potential for harm.
Together, we look forward to Kathy LaTour's quarterly visits as she shares the highlights of CURE Magazine as Editor at Large, blended with her compassion and experience as a survivor. Join us for this poignant conversation and wealth of information on Monday, January 27, 2014 at 7:00 PM EST.
We are excited to feature Dr. Hope Rugo of UCSF on our breast cancer talk series this March.
Dr. Hope Rugo is a hematologist and oncologist specializing in breast cancer treatment. Rugo joined the UCSF Carol Franc Buck Breast Care Center after a decade at UCSF Medical Center working in the area of malignant hematology and bone marrow transplantation for a variety of diseases, including breast cancer. Rugo, co-director of the Breast Oncology Clinical Trials Program, has a special interest in therapies for breast cancer and is the principal investigator of several clinical trials testing these treatments. She is a professor of medicine at UCSF and an investigator of SPORE (Specialized Program of Research Excellence in Breast Cancer) in the Bay Area.
On the panel are Beverly Mckee, Dr Elaine Schattner, Jenifer Lloyd.
RSVP HERE! (or) mail email@example.com
in Self Help
Are you a Cancer Patient, A Survivor who wants to be a Thriver, or a Caregiver who wants to Avoid Cancer? Have you experienced memory loss or communication issues? Maybe even Chemobrain? Have you gone through any restless, sleepless or sporatic sleep patterns? Has the whole issue of supplements got you completely confused? Are you craving a sirloin steak - or a glass of wine - but scared it might kill you? Are you just so darned tired that an exercise routine is out of the question? Are you considering a detox program - but just not sure what's safe and what's not? Do you just want the REAL scoop on what foods and beverages are safe? And what are not? It you answered YES to any of these questions, then you're in the right place! My team and patients voted to share our private VIP Q & A Call with you. They feel that everyone needs these simple strategies for getting and staying healthy! Whether you're going through the cancer journey - or you just want to do what it takes to avoid it! So get the facts...and then make the best choices possible for you! And drop on over to our Facebook page and share what your #1 take-away was from this show. Make sure you also share a little LOVE by LIKING our page. :-) Ready to take charge of your health right now with someone who's been there - as a 5-time cancer survivor who's a thriver - and also a professional caregiver with a proven 5-key system? Get started at: Kick Cancer In The Can
What the studies have determined about this phenomenon referred to by cancer survivors as- 'Chemo Brain.' Join us, on DeLeon Dialogue, for the real deal... An up-close and personal account of what it is, and what it means, to have -'chemo brain' or in medical jargon 'cognitive deficits or declining neuropsychological functioning.'
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (383 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (52 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (41 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (36 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- BeverlyD (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- Odwirafo (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (12 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (9 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (8 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (7 chatters)
- SUBCONSCIOUS CHANNEL (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (6 chatters)
- Reach Out America (4 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (4 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (4 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (3 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (3 chatters)
- CommonSenseConversations (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- The Steven Knight Show (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (2 chatters)
- Interstellar Realities (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)