SORT BY Relevancy
3/23/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Young Adult Cancer Connection's Dakota Fisher-Vance (Co-Founder) and Rachel Wetzel (member) about the growing Philadelphia young adult cancer community — AND the first ever Cancervention Conference. Survivor Spotlight on ovarian cancer survivor, actorvist, writer, and founder of Bald Is Beautiful Sharon Blynn.
3/9/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Dr. Thomas Weber (President, Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation) and Katie Rich about the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation and the first ever early age onset/young adult colorectal cancer summit. Survivor Spotlight on international motivational speaker and public health advocate Jessica Melore
DoSomething.org runs hundreds of national cause campaigns to help young people make a tangible impact in their community. Any cause. Anytime. Anywhere. Join us a we welcome Mike Fantini(Head of Product) to discuss DoSomething's Give a Spit About Cancer campaign. An initiative that helps young people run cheek swabbing drives to get people in their community get signed up for the national bone marrow registry. Survivor Spotlight on Michael Saperstein.
The "Cancer Insurance Checklist" is a real thing created collaboratively amongst dozens of advocacy groups. Join us as we welcome Linda House (Executive Vice President of External Affairs at Cancer Support Community) and Elizabeth Hoffler (Senior Director, Policy and Advocacy at Prevent Cancer Foundation) to talk about this groundbreaking resource. Survivor spotlight on Heather Swift.
Inflammatory breast cancer accounts for 1 to 5 percent of all breast cancers diagnosed in the United States and tends to be diagnosed at younger ages. Tonight we welcome Terry Arnold (Founder, IBC Network Foundation) and Dr. Wendy Woodward to discuss this often misdiagnosed disease. Survivor Spotlight on Tolley St. Clair.
It’s understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person’s experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality.
By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Joyce and Mike speak with Georgia Hurst as part of Lynch Syndrome Awareness Week.
Georgia Hurst is a patient advocate for those with Lynch syndrome. She is the founder of the website and blog: <a href="http://ihavelynchsyndrome.com">ihavelynchsyndrome.com</a>. She frequently writes about the emotional aspects of having Lynch syndrome, and writes for various websites and journals in order to create awareness amongst the global medical community about this hereditary cancer syndrome. Georgia is a wife and mother, and loves espresso, books, and being bossed around by her adorable dog named Sid.
What is Lynch syndrome? We will learn more from Georgia, or you can read about it on her website, or in this article from <a href="http://http://www.curetoday.com/community/georgia-hurst/2015/02/i-have-lynch-syndrome">www.curetoday.com</a>
Georgia noticed that there were several people in her family who had cancer at early ages, and several with the same cancer. This can indicate that there is something genetic predisposing family members to cancer. She delved deeper, got to a diagnosis, and kept asking questions, finding out how to protect herself and others in her family from the worst consequences of this condition.
Hear her remarkable story, the path she followed in doing her own research, and the partnerships she has developed with medical professionals to help her make progress for herself and others.
It’s important to recognize that sleep is an absolutely crucial component of strengthening your immune system and needs to be part of your cancer treatment plan. Listen as we dig back into the archives and Dr. Ken Weizer discusses sleep and how to get enough rest when on the cancer journey.
Let's talk cancer and cancer awareness and resources etc etc
Do you know someone who has had cancer?
Do you know someone who has had side effects from cancer treatment?
Do you know how to prevent cancer from happening?
What do we know, should we know, and what are we needing to learn?
Let's talk cancer awareness...
For many young adults diagnosed with cancer, the fertility repercussions of treatment are often eclipsed by the primary objective of treating the disease. Join us as we talk with Gina Shaw (Author) and Shelley Nolden (blogger and mom to be) as we explore the options, risks and tough emotional and psychological issues of having children after cancer. Survivor Spotlight on Jen Rachman.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (61 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (58 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (16 chatters)
- HOV Radio (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- New Edge Radio (13 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (13 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (12 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Pillars of Ma*at (8 chatters)
- Straitway (8 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (8 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (7 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (7 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- ShadySykes (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Islamic House of Israel (2 chatters)
- Hooked On Hauntings Radio (2 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (2 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Life Readings Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Curious Times (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- American Chaos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Rita Badaloni Hodges (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk with Benson (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)