SORT BY Relevancy
Why do we have Black History Month? This question is probably one of the most raised questions in the month of February in many classrooms across America. Blacks living in America during the early years of the twentieth century were commonly accepted as having little history other than that of slavery. Dr. Carter G. Woodson, the “Father of Black History” was fully aware of the tremendous contributions made by Blacks to this country. The accomplishment made by Blacks after slavery was celebrated in Black communities across the nation. In 1926, Dr. Carter Woodson initiated a national Negro History week to recognize and promote the achievements of Black Americans. It is commonly said that Woodson selected February to encompass the birthdays of two great Americans who played a prominent role in shaping black history, namely Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Some may ask what is so special or different about the history of Blacks living in America that warrants a month or even a year of celebration. Our guest speaker, Nathaniel Larimore has taught Social Studies for fourteen years in the Baltimore City Public Schools System. He has been teaching American Government and African American Studies at Baltimore City College High School since 2003. His current teaching assignments at Baltimore City College are American Government- CP and Theory of Knowledge-IB.
April - "This Month in History" hosted by Dr. Leigh-Davis. Dr. Leigh-Davis tells of historic events, occurring in the present month. http://www.DrLeigh-Davis.com or www.DrLeigh-Davis.co.uk
I have a message for Black America. In light of this month being designated Black History Month, I feel this would be an opportune time to bring the message and see what resolves we come to, as a people. During the month I will be sharing contributions of Black Americans as a tribute to a great people.
"I am where I am because of the bridges that I crossed. Sojourner Truth was a bridge. Harriet Tubman was a bridge. Ida B. Wells was a bridge. Madame C. J. Walker was a bridge. Fannie Lou Hamer was a bridge." - Oprah Winfrey
Is Black History Month Relevant? Does Black History have a place in American History? Do you celebrate Black History everyday or just in the month of February?
The Lines are open and Let's Discuss ~ Black History and Where We Are Today!
The Host's of EarthGrind Radio Write2Manifest and SageGram, will be discussing Black History Month and how it is being used to make a mokery of black folks.
We are also posing the question to the Black/African community, what are we celebrating and how are we honoring the legacy of our ancestors whom are pioneers of change and fought for the liberation of Black/African people.
We say Mockery because we as black people have accepted our position in society as if we have really evolved.
Many believe we are free.
Organizations Like Google feel comfortable appropriating our warrior women on their site. Showing an image the tells a story but not the true story.
The legacy of Black/African ancestors should be honored and celebrated everyday. Not within the confines of the shortest month of the year; but through psychological revolution, spiritual revolution,educational revolution and so on and so forth.
We have work to do, much has been sacrificed so we can rise to the moment, where we are liberated from white supremacy and the agenda that is in the process of insuring our annihilation.
**Check out the Cointelpro video by clicking on the link below:
**Read the article about Black women and lynchings in the US here:
February-"This Month in History" hosted by Dr. Leigh-Davis. Dr. Leigh-Davis tells of historic events, occurring in the present month of February. http://www.DrLeigh-Davis.com or www.DrLeigh-Davis.co.uk or http://www.IMDb.me/DrLeigh-Davis
For 28 days of the year, the US gives time for people to reflect on the accomplishments of Black Americans. While the selected month has its significance, once it's over there's another 365 days before it's even mentioned again. Join Pastor Neal as he kicks off Black History Month with facts and discussions on the diversity of the Black religious and philosophical experience.
Black History Month is honored by our esteemed guest, Joel Freeman, who has one of the world's largest collections relative to black history. Joel is known worldwide for the authority that he is. He authored countless books on the topic and is a much after speaker. On this show, Joel talks about several lesser known African Americans who made history--Frederick Douglass, Annie Malone, Hariet Tubman, Paul Cuffee, and a National Treasure who is making history today--Jesse Epps. We also honor Presidents Day.
On February 19, we have Jesse Epps as Joyce talks about her heroes. http://www.tobtr.com/s/6095307
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (183 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- John Baptist (70 chatters)
- AlimBey (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (13 chatters)
- thedean (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (11 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (9 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (7 chatters)
- The Captain0 (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (6 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (6 chatters)
- FSF Radio (6 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (4 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (4 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (3 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (3 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (2 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (2 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- alexas29 (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Know It All ABCs of Education (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Power Of The Harvest (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- The BadBoy and The Doc (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)