SORT BY Relevancy
The Cost of Ignoring Mental and Behavioral Health Issues II. This episode will continue the discussion of who is responsible for providing behavioral and mental health services to those in our community who have the greatest need. We will talk about the involvement of schools and community based organizations in providing services for youth and their families. You are invited to weigh-in on the topic and pose questions for our panel.
Behavioral health is one of the hottest topics in Medicaid today. Join host Richard Yadon as he explores the developments, innovations, and challenges of this issue. Our guests include: Danis Russell, CEO, Genesee County Community Mental Health Sheila Putnam, Director Medicaid Care Management, Priority Health
Our discussion will continue to focus on recent data concerning how youth and their families in our community address mental and behavioral health issues. We will look at current initiatives as well as community based consequences when mental and behavioral health issues are not proactively considered.
Please call in to provide insight or personal experience on today's topic.
As you navigate through the health care continuum you may have run across a Senior Behavioral Health Unit sometimes referred to as Gero Psych. This important piece to the Senior Health Care Continuum can sometimes strike fear and confusion in you or your loved one because of the stigma attached to mental health.
Gary Bush from Metro South Medical Center in Blue Island, Illinois, will join host Tami Neumann to help break through the stigma and ease your fears of how this important part of the continuum can help our seniors over 65 find holistic wellness.
Tami and Gary will cover topics such as when is it appropriate for someone to be admitted to a Senior Behavioral Health Unit and the many benefits associated with this type of placement.
Learn More about Metro South Medical Center:
www.metrosouthmedicalcenter.com Metro South Medical Center - Senior Behavioral Health Unit (708) 824-4474
Exploring the Connection: Behavioral Health and Juvenile Justice Research has shown there is a high correlation between children who suffer from mental health or co-occurring behavioral health issues and juvenile justice involvement. One of the largest hurdles facing those working on stemming youth's exposure to the juvenile justice system is the inadequate and limited access to care to address these serious behavioral health needs. Communities across the country struggle to fin
Today we will begin a series on specific behavioral and mental health issues currently prevalent in our society and in our schools that present current and long term obstacles to learning, socialization and present day functioning for many youth and young adults. We will also discuss how schools and the community can participate in addressing these issues as they are community issues as many recent happenings have demonstrated. Please call in during our live show to discuss this
In this week's show, Dr. Elvira will speak with Rudolph Chandler who is a Health Economist and the Senior Economist in the Health Policy Project with the Futures Institute.
Mr. Chandler has worked over 20 years as a health economist, private sector and organizational development specialist working for John Short Associates, Academy for Educational Development, The Futures Group, Management Sciences for Health and Abt Associates. He has also been an independent consultant for seven years working for AusAID, NZAID, DfID and Global Fund contractors and directly with UNAIDS, WHO, the World Bank and the GAVI Alliance. He has extensive experience in costing and financing interventions and programs of immunization, HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning, reproductive health as well as health systems strengthening and medium term expenditure framework (MTEF).
Mr. Chandler also has expertise in providing costing, resource allocation and budgeting expertise to countries in preparation of funding proposals and during final negotiations with global financing mechanisms (Global Fund, the GAVI Alliance). Mr. Chandler has also worked with expenditure tracking tools and national health accounts (NHA). Specifically as a private sector specialist, he has developed business and marketing plans and financial sustainability strategies for products and services of for-profit and not-for-profit clients.
Mr. Chandler’s experience spans over 35 countries in Central America, the Caribbean, Sub Saharan Africa, Northern Africa and Middle East, South East Asia, the South Pacific and Mongolia. Mr. Chandler holds a Masters in Development Economics from Northeastern University.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pine Ridge Warriors (103 chatters)
- Holger Awakens (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (23 chatters)
- OCG (18 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (16 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (14 chatters)
- Cajun 2 (12 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (10 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (8 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (8 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (7 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (7 chatters)
- Reader Tash (6 chatters)
- The Pink Atheist (6 chatters)
- Momma Joyce (6 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Late Night Leos (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (4 chatters)
- Outcry Radio (4 chatters)
- facetalkshow (4 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (4 chatters)
- Taboo Talks and EIB (4 chatters)
- OpshareRadio (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (3 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- Blues Unchained (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- seerjane (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Some Kind of Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (1 chatters)
- The Kingdom of God or Nothing (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Lady of the Circle in the Oaks (1 chatters)
- PAM Time (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- Prayer International (1 chatters)
- CrsRadio The Knowledge Station (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- DAnne Burley Show (0 chatters)