SORT BY Relevancy
Conceptualized in 1948, the International Baccalaureate Programme has become widely recognized for its rigorous curriculum and evaluation process for grades 3-12. Schools all over the world have adopted the IB program with a recent surge in interest and participation among schools in urban communities throughout the United States. Our guests in January will discuss IB and its benefit to schools going through the accrediation process. We are delighted to have Drew Deutsch, Director-IB Americas. Drew joined the International Baccalaureate in April 2008 as the Regional Director for IB North America. On 1 January 2009, Drew was appointed as Director of the IB Americas region. We will also have Monique Lewis, Principal -Fondren Middle School International Baccalaureate in Houston, Texas. We will discuss the principles of IB and what it looks like on the ground to become an IB school. Join us on January 15 (2pm EST) for an enlightening discussion.
Laura Klein grew up in New York City, has a B.A. in music from SUNY Buffalo, and attended the Berklee College of Music. A jazz pianist, composer, and arranger, she has recorded with FivePlay Jazz Quintet the three-horned band Triceratops, the Laura Klein-Ted Wolff duo, and vocalist Jenny Ferris. Over the last three decades, she has appeared at concerts, clubs and jazz festivals with many Bay Area musical luminaries, appeared with her own duos and trios,played with big bands, and accompanied jazz vocalists. She taught at UC Berkeley's Music Department, and is currently Associate Professor of the Alexander Technique at the Jazz Institute in Berkeley.
Ever had to take care of a customer who had Limited English Proficiency or LEP? Sometimes communication is difficult when we speak the same language. Now imagine trying to treat someone who needs your help and you can't understand each other. What do you do?
Shirley Gutkowski speaks with award winner and author of a Dental Communication Brief Book Series Toni S. Adams RDH, MA about dealing with communication issues between languages.
Ms. Adams practiced dental hygiene in San Jose for 26 years. After “retirement” she returned to school to earn baccalaureate and master’s degrees in Communication Studies. She speaks and writes about health, intercultural, and nonverbal communication, as well as listening, persuasion, health literacy, working with English learners and interpreters, and the links between oral health and cardiovascular disease.
The "Monday Business" shows on Cross Link radio are produced by Gaylene Baker RDH MBA. Do you have a business topic you'd like to discuss on the radio? Contact Gaylene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurses are an inextricable part of healthcare in the United States, but what does Healthcare reform have to give back? In this episode of iNurse Radio, our host Anthony Figliola sits down with Dean Emeritus of the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Dr. Colleen Conway-Welch to discuss how healthcare reform and policy affects nurses.
Dr. Colleen Conway-Welch, Ph.D., RN
Colleen Conway-Welch, Ph.D., RN, Emeritus Dean of the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, is known for launching the first accelerated BSN program. The accelerated baccalaureate nursing program is now part of the curriculum at hundreds of nursing schools nationwide. She is the second-longest sitting dean of any US nursing school. Dr. Conway-Welch was also recognized in the Top 25 Women in Healthcare List for 2009, which also included Past-President of the American Medical Association Nancy Nielsen and Former Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
Her current research interests include Nursing Education & Administration, Healthcare Reform and Disaster Management. In the past Dr. Conway-Welch has served on various panels and committees including the National Institute of Health, the Institute of Medicine and the Global Knowledge Exchange Network.
It's about time that the insurance companies did a number on their numbers. In the recent past a few insurance companies have dug into their decades of data and showed what dental hygienists have known for decades. Dental hygiene saves money, saves medical costs and dental hygiensts trapped under the protective patronly wing of dentistry costs billions to the health care system.
Last year The Medical Dental Integration Study was released. A study by United Health Care showed that patients' overall, total average health care costs were considerably lower for individuals with "chronic medical conditions who received periodontal treatment or cleanings within the timeframe of this study even when considering the costs of additional dental treatments. Savings for individuals receiving preventive dental care were observed across all chronic medical disease categories in this study."
I'd like to point out that these are rank n file two year degree hygiensits. They are not specially trained in any way to fit the parameters of the study. They don't have baccalaureate or masters' degrees. They are the type of hygienist you see every day.
A lot of this information could be coming from dental offices, but the lack of attention to Electronic Health Records has put this information to a dark dank corner. Why?
To contact Shirley to speak to your group or for interviews email.
Host: Shirley Gutkowski
Producer: Shirley Gutkowski
In a world that is increasingly interconnected the need to understand other cultures and customs is important for effective communication. Lack of knowledge of another culture can lead to awkward mistakes in communication. The mistakes may not only confuse people, but also offend them. One famous example is Pepsi Cola's "Come Alive With Pepsi" campaign. When it was translated for the Taiwanese market, the slogan conveyed the upsetting news that, "Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave."
Today on Cross Link Radio Host Shirley Gutkowski will be speaking with Toni Adams about Intercultural Communication.
Toni S. Adams, RDH, MA has practiced dental hygiene in San Jose for 26 years. After “retirement” she returned to school to earn baccalaureate and master’s degrees in Communication Studies. She speaks and writes about health, intercultural and nonverbal communication, as well as listening, persuasion, health literacy, working with English learners and interpreters, and the links between oral health and cardiovascular disease.
Check out Toni’s web site at www.toniadams.com. She is available for speaking engagements, has several books on communication she has authored, and articles she has written available to view or purchase.
The “Monday Business” Show on Cross Link Radio is produced by Gaylene Baker RDH, MBA. If you would like to discuss a business topic on the show contact Gaylene at email@example.com.
Join Behind the Words host Lori Hays for a conversation with author Palessa.
Saturday, March 22nd, 2014. 10:30 AM CST/11:30 AM EST
Palessa started reading her first romance novel, at the age of 11. Then she got introduced to V.C. Andrews, Barbara Taylor Bradford, Anne Rice and many more notable contemporary authors as well as some of the classics, A Tale of Two Cities, Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Great Gatsby and others. It was during her teenage years that she dabbled in writing. First, it was in her diaries, then she started creating characters, stories about romance, the supernatural and much more. Being an International Baccalaureate student as well as entering college, left little time for writing and so she put it and the ideas aside to pursue a career. It would take almost 20 years, a radical move from the city she grew up in, Miami, FL back to her Caribbean birthplace, and a chance Facebook meeting with Sable Hunter to start the juices flowing again. After some fits and starts, the Baxter Family Saga was born. Unchained Hearts is Palessa's first published fiction book with Beau Coup Publishing. She considers herself just a storyteller that sees no reason to shy away from the juicier romantic elements. She currently lives in the mountains of Jamaica with her crazy, cracker-munching-mutt Ivy and a farm, primarily managed by agribusiness partner, also known as Dad.
Find out more about the Palessa here:
This is a copyrighted broadcast of the Authors on the Air Global Radio Network produced and owned by Pam Stack.
Gabrielle Sew is a 14-year-old youth living in the Scarborough area. As a passionate supporter of youth leadership and advocacy, she is a youth representative on the Youth Friendly Communities steering committee and has participated in many community and city sponsored events and committees.
Just recently, she received a Certificate of Recognition from M.P. John McKay for her ongoing voluntary work in the community as a youth leader and active volunteer.
She is currently attending Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collegiate Institute as a Grade 9 Pre-International Baccalaureate student.
Did you happen to catch TVFM's new pilot show, "The Montana Republic" Tuesday nite? If you didn't, I suggest you listen to the podcast. All you People Petitioned Grand Jury nay sayers and or supporters, Wolf, the host, seems to have a better idea. One worth mulling over. If you did listen give us a call and let us know what you think.
I came across the MT various courts statistics for 2012. After seeing the stats, I concluded that this is the best two word description of the so called "Justice Courts": "Collection Agents" And the higher courts are just BIGGER Collection Agents with richer attorneys. Or soon to be richer after they soak up your money with the help of their black robed brothers & sisters.
More about Common Core. Seems more Montanans have kicked open the door on this new Federal FrankenEd monster. Wait till you hear about what it and the International Baccalaureate have in common.
Then we can entertain you with the Article V Can Can, complete with frills and boom boom dancing.
These and whatever topics you have to offer will be the talk du jure tonight. Don't forget, we are always hungry for whatever other worms you local can openers expose.
Dr. Marlene Caroselli is an author, keynoter, and corporate trainer. She writes extensively about education, business, and careers; her 61st book is a Kindle/Nook e-book titled 50 Ways to Cleave Your Cover. Her first book, The Language of Leadership, was named a main selection by the Executive Book Club. Principled Persuasion, a more recent title, was designated a Director's Choice by the Doubleday Book Club. Adam Ruben is a writer, comedian, storyteller, and molecular biologist. He is the author of Surviving Your Stupid, Stupid Decision to Go to Grad School (Random House, 2010), a satirical guide to the low points and, well, lower points of post-baccalaureate education. Adam writes the humor column "Experimental Error" in the otherwise respectable journal Science; he has also been seen and heard on the Food Network's "Food Detectives," the Science Channel's "Head Rush," and NPR's "All Things Considered." He currently co-hosts the Science Channel's new show, Outrageous Acts of Science. In addition to his day job developing a malaria vaccine at Sanaria Inc.,Adam travels the country, performing his one-man show ("Please Don’t Beat Me Up: Stories and Artifacts from Adolescence") as part of anti-bullying programs and talking about his book to audiences of disaffected grad students. Veronica Grey is the life extension thought leader who appears on TV frequently, sometimes sharing secrets to eternal youth and age reversal from the best-selling guidebook"6 Newly Discovered and Never Before Published Secrets to Eternal Youth and Immortality"which has been reviewed by the only anti-aging institute in America, The Buck Institute.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (150 chatters)
- John Baptist (103 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (58 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (35 chatters)
- RCRadio (30 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (29 chatters)
- DDP Radio (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (16 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (15 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (15 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (13 chatters)
- David and Wes (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (5 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Dimensions of Quantum (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (4 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- The URC Show (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Barbara Graver (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- MMA Jam (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (2 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (2 chatters)
- Progressive Talking People (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Power Hour1 (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Flash of Life (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- LineaLove Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Needs Met (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)