SORT BY Relevancy
Among the hardest things about being saved is the realization that you are an unwanted guest in a place you do not (or at least should not) desire to be.
Interestignly, those who are not with God will make their judgments of you based on your appearance - that you look like them - long before they come to any realization that you may not act as them do....and then they will turn on you, just as they did Him.
The task is to be willing to stay while wanting to leave.
I know that I speak for a lot you out there when I say Why the "H" are people still making new years resolutions every single year knowing good and "H" well they will not keep them? I'm OVER IT!! So let's talk about it people on this episode of Tigress Corner Talk Radio. Join me live or as an archived listener (after the live broadcast) as we talk about this overly used cliche and why people are still doing it.
Based on a Facebook post this show will be on addictions and the cost of them to family, friends, and self... I am asking anyone with input to call in tomorrow night 7 pm... 347 996 5129... Or www.blogtalkradio.com/ministertonydyson
Life is complicated. Sometimes, we need to hustle, but sometimes... we just need to be still. Listen in as NICK talks about finding that balance!
JOIN US ON:
Tuesday nights @ 11 pm: NICK speaks, listens, and instructs you how to fly! Rise above your gravity!
"LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/ANTagoNICKs
"FOLLOW" US ON TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/ANTagoNICKs
"SUBSCRIBE" TO US ON YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/ANTagoNICKs
“FOLLOW” US ON INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/ANTagoNICKs
This is a black arts and culture site. We will be exploring the African Diaspora via the writing, performance, both musical and theatrical (film and stage), as well as the visual arts of Africans in the Diaspora and those influenced by these aesthetic forms of expression. I am interested in the political and social ramifications of art on society, specifically movements supported by these artists and their forbearers. It is my claim that the artists are the true revolutionaries, their work honest and filled with raw unedited passion. They are our true heroes. Ashay!
1. William E. Gary is current President, Harry T. & Harriette V. Moore Cultural Complex, Inc. Board of Directors and former Co-Chair, Moore Heritage Festival of the Arts and Humanities. He is presently serving his third tenure as president of the North Brevard County Branch NAACP; Dinizulu Gene Tennie is co-director of the slaveship replica project. He will give the keynote at The Harry T. & Harriette V. Moore Program, 2 p.m., Sat., Feb. 21, 2015, 2180 Freedom Avenue, Mims, Florida.
2. We are joined once again by choreographers who will present week 2, Feb. 28-Mar. 1, at Black Choreographers Festival: Here & Now: Veterans Reginald Ray Savage, Raissa Simpson, Gregory Dawson and first time choreographer, Maurya Kerr.
3. The 9th Annual Be Still Retreat . . . 2.0, is Sat., February 28, 10-4 p.m. at Mills College in Oakland, CA. 510-834-5990. Our guests are: Event planner, Sharon Green-Holder; presenter, Jamila Makini, plus Mutima Imani, special guest speaker and workshop presenter.
4. Andrew I. Wilson, visual artist, whose work is currently at Joyce Gordon Gallery in Oakland through Feb. 28. http://www.aiwart.com
Join My Rays of Light Radio, with hosts LM Young and Nadiyah, Tuesday at 10pm est
"Will You Still Love Me..."
Call in to speak with our hosts at
Or listen online at
Our hosts will be beginning our conversation about SELF-LOVE
Why is it so easy to love anyone and anything else?
Are we actually able to love another...if we don't love ourselves?
How can we break this cycle??
Talking Black Sails
Synopsis: Episode 19 the hosts review season 2 episode 4 of Black Sails entitled "XII"
Saturday 2/17/15 Episode 19 (2x06)
Hosts Kinte, Yardley Hickey, Olaf Barbosa Phil Smith
Wanting to remove Vane from the fort, Flint sends a messenger to him issuing a warning. But Eleanor tries to put an end to Flint's plan to demolish the for
Talking About Walkers
On episode 62 we break down episode 10 of season 5 Them.
Host: Kinte, Yardley Hickey & Olaf Barbosa
Life on the road has left the group beaten and beleaguered. Will they be able to trudge along? Are they even the same people they once were?
Possibly the greatest revelation I received was that as a Seventy, I possessed all the keys ever delivered to the sons of Adam by ordination and by right. After the officers of the Church threatened to attack and one did attack to shed my blood after giving to them The Revelations of Jesus Christ, the first two of which I had just received and written per commandment of the Lord God of Israel, I got myself down on my knees and asked what authority I possessed (since it was not taught in the Church, but that one must blindly follow those appointed who held sole authority as High Priests), and I was wafted by the spirit over to my bookshelf to open The Discourses of Brigham Young compiled by John Widtsoe, and opened the thick book miraculously to the very paragraph and the following flashed out at me as if lit by a neon sign, a rushing in my ears as I read the following:
‘‘The Seventies are Apostles; and they stand next in authority to the Twelve...If through the providence of God the First Presidency and the Twelve were taken away, then it would be the duty of the Seventies to preach the Gospel, build up the Church , and ordain every officer requisite in order to establish the Church, and ordain every officer requisite in order to establish the Church, and ordain High Priests, Bishops, High Counsellors, Patriarchs, and set in order the whole church in all the world. This is according to the revelations given to us...I suppose I ordained hundreds of Seventies in early days. Brother Joseph Smith has come to us many times, saying, ‘Brethren, you are going to ordain Seventies. Do not forget to confer the high priesthood (Melchizedec priesthood) upon them. Ordain each of them to the High Priesthood, and to be one of the Seventy Apostles.’ This was my language in the ordination of the Seventies, and that is the way i ordain them now. Brigham Young, Des. News, June 6, 1877, p. 274.
Join Host Live Chats
- Clay Douglas (6 chatters)
- Weedsday Wednesday (6 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- WHYT Radio (3 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (2 chatters)
- Getting Good at Life (1 chatters)
- Ring of Fire Ministries (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- WOWFactor Media (1 chatters)