SORT BY Relevancy
Churches of the USA welcomes Jeff Chitwood, Senior Minister at Anchor Christian Church in Bonita Springs, Florida, to talk about anything and everything about the church. Listen in as he shares the church history, worship style, congregation makeup, youth groups, and kids’ program.
Jeff has been the Senior Minister at the Anchor Christian Church since May 2010. He earned his degree in Bachelor of Arts in Ministry at the Lincoln Christian College in 1980. In 1987, he completed his Master of Divinity in New Testament Degree from Lincoln Christian Seminary, Lincoln, IL. Currently, he also serves as Chair of Partnership Team for Northpointe Christian Church in Providence, RI.
Check out the Anchor Christian Church website.
Visit our Churches of the USA website.
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
The Holy Bible calls it the "hope of salvation". Does a man hope for something that he already possesses? What does this mean? What are the implications on doctrines like so-called eternal security or once saved always saved? Is it possible that many popular Bible Teachers and Preachers are wrong? Join brother Jim in this simplistic and scripturally wholesome Bible message on hope. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Amen.
Join guest Shawn Lappen and host Kevin Hunter on The Business Forum Show as they discuss Shawn's ownership of Anchor Insurance, an independent insurance agency. Anchor Insurance offers insurance from many different companies, and in doing so, the agency is better equipped to take care of its clients. Also, don't miss the tip about GAP insurance sold to car buying customers. GAP can be purchased through your insurance agent for much less than it is sold for at car dealerships.
For more information, please visit: http://www.anchorins.com/home
18 year old Almney King was born in St. Peters Missouri. Her hobbies include theater, photography, and writing novels as well as poetry. Since the age of thirteen, she has kept busy writing everything from prose to poetry. At age sixteen Almney made her debut as a professional writer with the release of her poetry book, “The Valley of Anchor.” She wrote each poem in a fashion that is both understandable and relatable to a wide variety of audiences. Each poem also has its own theme, but together they convey a fusion of hope, optimism, reality, and a bit of imagination. Alney is a student at UNLV.
The winds and waves toss us to and fro and sometimes shakes up our faith and trust in almighty God to see us through. So what does it mean when God says in his word "I will never leave or forsake you"? Just like a hammer and chisel He is seeking to mature and grow us up into his likeness. And it never feels good at that moment of suffering, pain, loss or defeat. But its not His intent that we stay there, rather to build strong character and a real testimony that only God knows can make us better because of it. This why we can truly say my Lord is the true "Anchor for my Soul" and He won't let go.
Hebrews 6:17-19 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: '`'Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
in Self Help
Tonight on Kickass Personal Transformation, we are focusing on destroying the stigma surrounding addiction, depression and suicide.
The stigma is not only dangerous, it can be fatal for those who suffer in silence. In the wake of Robin Williams’ death, many of us are discussing, disclosing, and processing our emotions: not only our grief for the loss of a brilliant talent, but also our desire to have a conversation about these too often taboo topics that should be openly discussed and treated.
Having an open discussion takes courage, and tonight’s guest has plenty of it.
Shannon Cagle Dawson is an award-winning multimedia news producer, an adjunct professor at her alma mater of Butler University, and a member of several charitable organizations. She is also the widow of the highly regarded and award-winning news anchor and investigative reporter Rick Dawson. Rick took his own life as a result of depression in September 2013.
We are grateful to Shannon for her courage, and her dedication to shedding light on these issues.
We are also thankful for Judge Diana Burleson who knows first-hand the effect that addition and mental illness has on juveniles.
in Self Help
Award-winning ABC News Anchor Dan Harris has covered wars and presidential campaigns; he’s investigated human traffickers and been chased by wild elephants. But by far his most challenging assignment was something much more personal: taming the voice in his head. Here him tell the story of his odyssey that ranged from the inner sanctum of television news to the bizarre fringes of self-help to the vanguard of neuroscience.
Dan Harris found a way to be happier, calmer and—according to his wife—nicer in the midst of one of the most competitive careers on earth. And if it can work for someone as skeptical and stress-prone as him, it can work for you, too. It’s a far cry from the heal-your-life, solve-all-your-problems over-promising of self-help. What Dan stumbled upon is practical, doable, and scientifically researched. Discover these simple and potentially life-changing ways in his new book: 10% HAPPIER: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works—A True Story
“I came to realize,” writes Harris, “that if you can get past the unfortunate cultural baggage, what you’ll find is that meditation is exercise for your brain. There’s nothing necessarily mystical or spiritual about it; it’s a treadmill for optimizing your mental fitness.” Written with candor and a wicked sense of humor, 10% HAPPIER is a spiritual book written for, and by, someone who would otherwise never read a spiritual book. It is both a serious and a seriously funny look at mindfulness and meditation as the next big public health revolution.
For the last few weeks we have discussed, "Faith: A Little Goes A Long Way" and "Love: The Other Four Letter Word". Tonight, on this broadcast our interest will turn to the word, HOPE. "Hope: The Anchor To The Soul". Tune in and learn the truth about this third word of the trilogy that seems to always be linked together.
in Self Help
On this show Teresita shares her recent interview on WATC TV Atlanta Live where she was interviewed by former CNN Anchor, Sharon Frame about her latest book: Destiny Seven Steps to Finding and Fulfilling Your Purpose in Life, Second Edition http://www.destinysecondedition.com now available in paperback, Amazon Kindle and Audio Book at Audible.
Teresita Glasgow will interview Christian authors, artist, ministers, entrepreneurs, small business owners as well as rich and successful individuals. Teresita Glasgow is the president/CEO of In His Season, Inc. a Christian company dedicated to training and developing individuals who are seriously engaged in building the Kingdom of God by finding and fulfilling their purpose.
NO CALLERS THIS IS A RE-BROADCAST
Chris Schauble is the co-anchor of KTLA 5 Morning News from 4:30 am to 7:00 am on weekdays.
He’s passionate about his work, family, and fitness. During his 10 years working in Los Angeles, Chris has earned multiple awards including an Emmy and five Golden Microphones. In 2007, he was also named to the San Fernando Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 list. Schauble is a marathoner and triathlete, having competed in two Ironman competitions including the Ironman World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Prior to his Los Angeles work, Schauble spent time at KCNC-TV in Denver where he covered a number of stories of national importance. His superb coverage of the Columbine High School shootings helped the station earn a local area Emmy for Best Spot News. In 2000 Schauble was named “TV Person of the Year” by the Colorado Association of Black Journalists and in 2001 he was honored as one of Denver’s Top 10 History Makers by Urban Spectrum Magazine.
Schauble holds a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado. He was honored by Fort Lewis College with the 2002 Distinguished Alumni Award. In addition to his work as a journalist, Schauble has been an Instructor for speech Communications, Media Research Analysis at Miles College in Birmingham, Alabama and was a guest Instructor at the Poytner Institute in St. Petersburg. He is an active member of the National Association of Black Journalists and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
As an adoptee himself, Schauble has dedicated much of his free time to helping needy children find homes. He has been recognized by the City of Los Angeles and the State of California for his ongoing and seemingly non-stop community service. Schauble, his wife and their two sets of twin girls live in the Los Angeles area
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (83 chatters)
- thelordshour (39 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (35 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (34 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (24 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (22 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (10 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (9 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (7 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (5 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (5 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (5 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- AACONS (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- drinkfive (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Bellesprit (3 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (3 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (3 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (3 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (3 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase0 (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Mark Radulich (1 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- THE NOW NETWORK (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- William Telltale (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)