Susun Weed answers herbal health questions and interviews a guest. Rachel Berman, RD, CD/N, is the Health Editor at About.com. She provides users with practical science-based information related to nutrition, weight loss and health. Ms. Berman has worked with various patient populations in the clinical setting for almost a decade and is passionate about helping people develop a healthier relationship with food. In addition, Ms. Berman is the author of Boosting Your Metabolism For Dummies and Mediterranean Diet For Dummies, published by Wiley in 2013.
This episode Q&A-includes:
• where did Susun begin her journey with herbs
• menopause is a hormonal change like puberty..
• cook your vegetables! cook kale for at least one hour..
• MEAL- meat eating animal lovers
• fall root preparations- dandelion, burdock, and yellow dock
• elderberry tincture for winter readiness..
• let your body acclimate to cold weather.
• at the very first sign of shingles use hypericum perforatum
• Aviva Romm has an excellent herbal book for parents treating children.
• if uterine fibroids are causing problems use vitex or saw palmetto tincture, investigate acupuncture, drink nourishing herbal infusions..
• red clover does not actually contain estrogen but phtosterols phytoestrogens..
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.