SORT BY Relevancy
Join Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) in a discussion about today's youth and helping them form good habits. Habits can help or hinder success in school and in life. Forming positive habits will more likely result in getting more sleep, maintaining better health and weight, managing the obsessions with their devices, or finishing homework and studying for tests more successfully.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss the important issue of raising the atypical child. The hosts will be joined by Rita Eichenstein, PhD, who was penned a guide for parents who are struggling with their ‘atypical’ child; be it ADHD, Autism, a learning disability or any other diagnosis. Dr. Eichenstein, a clinical psychologist, notes that the tendency to just focus on the child’s well being is only half the journey; because much of the child’s ultimate mental well being rests largely on the well-being of the parents and she provides tools and understanding to help parents work through the often discouraging process of raising a child with any type of difference. If you are a parent who wants help in coping with the challenges of raising an atypical child, or a professional who wants to get a better idea of how better to understand the parents of the children they work with, listen to these childcare experts talk about the issues.
Join co-hosts Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) and Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) as they discuss the very topical issue of terrorism, and the effect it has on our young., As the world seems to get increasingly more violent and insecure, how to best explain why intolerance and terror is part of our modern world will be discussed.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss an important part of any child's life, the rite if passage. Whether it's a big birthday, or a cultural marker like grade school graduation or prom, the significance we place on these events can create anticipation, expectation, and stress. Why do we build these into our kids' lives and how to keep their importance in balance are amoung the topic discussed.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss teaching our youth about moderation.; What does it mean? Why is it important? How to best model the behavior which is very important to the maturation of today's young.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss teaching our youth about gift-giving. What does gift-giving mean, how to best give and receive graciously, and how these discussions can be part of learning a bigger lesson will be part of the very on-topic seasonal conversation.
Examples of Youth Culture
The term "youth culture" refers to the ways that teenagers conduct their lives. Youth culture can pertain to interests, styles, behaviors, music, beliefs, vocabulary, clothes, sports and dating. The concept behind youth culture is that adolescents are a subculture with norms, mores, behaviors and values that differ from the main culture of older generations within society.
Commonly-used Youth Culture Examples
· In the 1960's the wearing of clothes that indicated freedom
· Following of music groups that perform music that speaks to the issues teenagers perceive themselves enduring at the time such as Nirvana in the 1990's and The Beatles in the 1960's
· Hairstyles that exhibit a lack of conformity such as brightly colored hair, spiked hair, shaved heads
· Behavior that is contrary to what is perceived to be accepted and expected by parents such as drinking, smoking, using drugs
· Language usage that is bold in order to set themselves apart such as either excessive cursing or a usage of esoteric “cool” buzz words
· Behaviors such as cutting school or low grade criminal activity in order to assert independence and non-conformity
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss teaching our youth about gratitude. How to give our young the tools to understand gratitude, and how being thankful for gifts and benefits bestowed is a gateway to maturation and humility will be part of the conversation.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss parental conflict. They will explore why children play parents against each other and how to safeguard against the pitfalls of not showing a untied front in nurturing and teaching children.
BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS OF AMERICA: ENGAGING STUDENTS NOW FOR FUTURE SUCCESS. "Today's Students...Tomorrows Business Professionals"
iCEV Online presents a first time guest , Kirk Lawson, Executive Director and CEO of BPA which works in Business, Marketing and Technology Education K-20.
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (21 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (9 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Success Freaks (7 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (5 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (5 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (5 chatters)
- SPIRITUALteacherbrendabradshaw (4 chatters)
- Alzheimers Speaks Radio (3 chatters)
- Best People We Know (2 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (2 chatters)
- Wealthy Sistas (2 chatters)
- Straight Talk with Red Hawk (2 chatters)
- FMMK Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Ruben Ricart (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- New Twist Radio (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)