SORT BY Relevancy
Do employers have an obligation to protect victims of domestic violence? Does domestic violence show up at work? What about the office bully? Is that another form of victimization? Join us Saturday as guest Helen LaVan, PhD, helps us learn more about the bully at work, the fallout from experiencing domestic violence and the work place, the role of the employers. LaVan is a Professor of Management at DePaul University, where she researches and publishes articles on employment discrimination and employee relations. Her recent publications have been about workplace bullying, the ethics of the Second Amendment (forthcoming), and the spillover of domestic violence into the workplace. She is a licensed counselor (LPC) in the State of Illinois.
Saturday morning, 11 am Pacific at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/3women3ways
Call-in with your comments to (646) 378-0430. And if you miss the live program, you can go to the website and listen to all our archived programs whenever you are able.
in Self Help
Did you see Tyler Perry's movie For Colored Girls? This week we're talking about Domestic Violence.
Remember Janet Jackson's character? She was the supervisor who ends up witnessing her employee's children being dropped out of the window of her apartment; where she (Kimberly Elise's character) had been in an abusive relationship. Janet Jackson makes a statement that she didn't even realize what was going on with her assistant of many years.
The truth is...
Most companies today don't recognize that many of their employees are victims of Domestic Violence. They're also unsure of the resources that are available in the event of an emergency.
Join hos LaKisha Nevels (a.k.a. LNevels) and her special guest Liletta Thompson, CEO of Big Sis & Company, as we talk about the signs of domestic violence and how employers and help their employees.
Her show "Big Sis & Company - Focused on the Issues" is a local show that airs in VA and Baltimore, MD. It discusses issues that affect the community.
She has appeared on : 96.3 WHUR/World, Heaven 1580 am, Potomac News, Channel 8 News and many other media outlets.
For more information about Liletta visit: www.bigsisandcompany.net or call (571) 222-1188
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE
Domestic violence in the workplace is a major security and safety issue. Join Dr. Brewer and Nancy Salomone (www.thebusinessofme.com) and learn why.
#TChat Radio is all new and live Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 6:30 pm ET (3:30 pm PT), with the #TChat Twitter chat right after from 7-8 pm ET. We remember where we were on 9/11 -- when the unimaginable became a horrific reality, just as the workday began. Last week we talked about how recruiting is marketing, and this week, in honor of 9/11, we're going to talk about workplace violence. The fact is that workplace violence can be any act of physical violence large scale or between two people. It includes threats of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening, disruptive behavior that occurs at the work site. Workplace violence can affect or involve employees, visitors, contractors, and other employees. And while the number of workplace homicides has decreased in the past few years, no one can ignore the reality that violence is still a serious issue for our communities, our schools, and our workplaces. Tonight's show is all about having a plan in place before tragic violence occurs. Join #TChat co-creators and hosts Meghan M. Biro and Kevin W. Grossman as we welcome our special guests: Felix P. Nater, Chief Security Consultant, President and Owner of Nater Associates, Ltd., and Thomas Bronack, a Certified Business Recovery Professional (CBRP) from DRII. This will be another important show about keeping the world of work safe and sound, while preparing for the worst.
This week's guest is Shelly Collins, corporate security senior investigator for a major financial institution. Her topic is "Domestic Violence in the Workplace." She'll define domestic violence; offer tips for protecting banks, their employees and customers; and help banks develop their own policies and procedures for dealing with domestic violence in the workplace. Compliance Alliance's Scott Daugherty will present his Compliance Question of the Week.
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
Join me, Evangelist Anita as we uncover the signs of the end-times in Breaking News World Headlines!
- FBI weighing beheading as workplace violence
- 2nd man threatened to behead a woman in a nursing home in Oklahoma the same day
- 7 other lone wolf Islamic attacks in the U.S.
- Melissa Ignorant Perry states, Beheading Is “Workplace Violence”, How Dare Any One Suggest A Muslim Connection?"
- ISIS reconciles with Al-Qaeda as U.S. airstrikes continue
- ISIS fighters now "at the gates of Baghdad, just one mile from Iraqi Capital"
- Hong Kong in an revolutionary uprising, American made?
- Thousands of Earthquakes, Dead Sharks, Genetically modified babies, Volcanoes erupting
SEE US LIVE AT: http://www.emoaf.org - Get Right with GOD now my friend! http://www.emoaf.org/Is-Your-Name-Written-in-the-Lambs-Book-of-Life-.html - Please Donate: http://www.emoaf.org/Donate.html - Join me on my Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/openyoureyespeople.emoaf/timeline
A Muslim cuts off a woman's head in Oklahoma and they call it Workplace Violence again!!!
President Rick Perry has the guts to say it, "It's Terrorism, not Workplace Violence!"
Mindfulness and Spirituality are discussed about much today. But not too many talk about bringing it into the business world or workplace. My special guest Alka Dhillon is adamant about how important it is to bring spirituality to work with you and to practice mindfulness there as well. Join us as we discuss how she was able to create an extremely successful Technology and Management Consulting business using these principles and why she is so passionate about spreading this message to others.
Please join Professor Griff & ZaZa Ali this Thursday, December 18th as we deal with the ongoing pandemic of Black on Black Violence, building the work of Dr. Amos Wilson - "Black on Black Violence - In servitude of white domination". How do these issues compare & contrast to the recent murders of our people by white police, & is society aiding in Black genocide or working to prevent it? We want to hear from you! The call in # is 347-633-9644. 8pm EST / 5pm PST. Peace.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (22 chatters)
- reactionariez (20 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (8 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- ShadySykes (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- 65261 (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Michigan United Broadcast (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- Truedalyph radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop at The Round Table (0 chatters)