SORT BY Relevancy
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EST Can WIA funds be leveraged to assist communities during and after disaster events? How can workforce development organizations provide innovative solutions as part of a disaster response? On the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, the National Association of Workforce Boards, in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Disaster Management (CDM), released a new research report titled The Im
Monday, December 2, 2013 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST A recent survey of workforce boards by the Federal Reserve indicated that nearly 60% of WIBs have representatives from the banking industry on their boards. However, only 10% of boards had engaged Community Reinvestment Act funding to develop complementary programs. So how can WIBs better partner with this important and expanding industry sector to bring services to low-income job seekers or youth and better prepare them to enter or r
Monday, September 30, 2013
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
Governing Institute and Monster Government Solutions have partnered to convene a National Summit on Workforce and Economic Development called Strong Talent Drives Strong Economies, in October 2013. The Summit will address ways that workforce and economic development experts from across the United States are driving stronger economies by building and strengthening the workforce.
The Summit aims to arm attendees with successful economic development strategies and best practices that attendees can take back and apply to their region. Join NAWB CEO Ron Painter as he interviews Governing Institute Director Mark Funkhouser and Bruce Stephen of Monster Government Solutions for a preview of the ideas that will be discussed at the Summit and ways that workforce development can contribute to furthering economic progress in their local areas.
Questions about the Summit? Please contact Bruce Stephen (Monster Government Solutions) or Mark Funkhouser (Governing Institute).
in Self Help
Individuals that have been laid off or fired have the opportunity to be re-trained using government funds. Listen to today's program to learn more about WIA (Workforce Investment Act) and how you can obtain between $5,000-$8,000 for training to upgrade your skills.
The TalentCulture #TChat Show is back live on Wednesday, June 11, 2014, from 6:30-7:00 pm ET for radio, 7:00-8:00 pm ET for the Twitter chat.
Last week we talked about how to have a transformative onboarding experience for new hires, and this week we’re talking about the power of workforce culture and continuous talent mobility.
According to 2013 SuccessFactors WFA Benchmarking Data, normal voluntary turnover is 8.9% annually compared with 18.8% voluntary turnover for hires with their first year of employment. That’s more than double.
It’s no wonder companies struggle to retain top talent from the moment the ink is dry on the new hire paperwork. Plus, once onboarded, networked and contributing, every single employee is a perpetual candidate and a growth opportunity for the company at large. In turn, providing a continuous mobility experience to your workforce that includes the flexibility to dial up and down their level of contribution, while ensuring they’re career paths are personalized growth opportunities, are the keys to retaining knowledge and your competitive edge.
Why look outside first when you already have an internal talent community and referral network? You invest a lot in your talent up front and to lose them quickly because of little to no nurturing empowers your competitors, not your company.
Join #TChat co-creators and hosts Meghan M. Biro and Kevin W. Grossman as we learn more about the power of workforce culture and continuous talent mobility with this week’s guest: Tracey Arnish, SVP of Talent at SAP.
Thank you to our sponsors and partners: RIVS, GreatRated of Great Place to Work, TalentWise, GloboForce, SAP/SuccessFactors, PeopleFluent, Red Branch Media and HRmarketer Insight.
in Self Help
Welcome to Chef Elliott’s Entertaining Solutions! This week, Chef Elliott Presents Dorothy Graves. Dorothy (Dot) Graves is a Food Service Manager for Hamilton County Schools in Chattanooga, TN. She oversees the breakfast and lunch meal preparations for over 600 elementary students on a daily basis. Dorothy has been working for the Hamilton County School System since 1984. “My Big Momma was a very good cook. She passed down her recipes to her children, my mother and aunt. I learned at a very young age from watching my mother and Aunt Dorothy. My mom is a very good cook; along with everyone in the Brown family. I studied commercial food in high school at the historic Howard High School of Chattanooga, TN. Our family recipes are passed down from generation to generation”. ~ Dorothy Graves
Join them, as Chef Elliott and Dorothy discuss their latest projects, tour info and personal journeys in the industry. Call 347-989-8384 to listen via mobile, press 1 to ask a question or make a comment. To listen online, log onto www.ChefElliottEntSol.info. This will be available on-demand, immediately after the show airs. Thank you for your loyalty and support!
The Mission Minded Motivation
in Self Help
Welcome to Chef Elliott’s Entertaining Solutions! This week, Chef Elliott Presents, Master Chef, double cancer survivor, and Entrepreneur, with a passion for teaching others, Chef, David DeCuir. With over 20 years of experience, specializing in African, Asian, Caribbean and South American cuisine, Chef David will go into depth about his line of marinades and discuss his hands-on instruction of culinary seminars, instructing others on how to shop for organic and healthy inexpensive foods in metro, Atlanta, GA.
Join them as Chefs, Elliott and David discuss their latest projects, tour info and personal journeys in the industry. Call 347-989-8384 to listen via mobile, press 1 to ask a question or make a comment. To listen online, log onto www.ChefElliottEntSol.info. This will be available on-demand, immediately after the show airs. Thank you for your loyalty and support!
June is National PTSD Awareness Month. Today we are going to talk about the most stressed-out states in the United States. A new study lists the top ten and the reasons for the rankings.
Is there a solution to all this stress? Yes! There is almost always a solution to our problems. The question is whether we are willing to take the steps necessary to change the situation.
Join Teresa Beeman at 11:00 am Eastern time today for 30 minutes of discussion on Stressed-out and Finding Solutions.
This show is brought to you by the Center for Empowered Women and can be heard every Monday and Wednesday at 11:00 am Eastern time.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (36 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (33 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (32 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (23 chatters)
- in5d (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (22 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (22 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (16 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- the klicious show (11 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (10 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (8 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (6 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (5 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- Comic Booked (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Trundlebedtales (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- VERSATILERADIO (2 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (2 chatters)
- E3 Radio (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (2 chatters)
- BLACK MILITIA NATION (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (2 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (2 chatters)
- musician (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Raw Sex (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- churchfolk (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- EmilioDiaz (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WoT Radio0 (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)