SORT BY Relevancy
The Effects of Colorism on Girls and Women of Color: An Interview with the Award Winning Filmmaker of Yellow Fever, Ng’endo Mukii.
Join Dr. Culbreth and Kenyan filmmaker Ng'endo Mukii for a discussion on Ms. Mukii's film Yellow Fever, a film focusing on the effects of colorism on the self-image and self-esteem of girls and women of color.
Iris and Priya return for another candid conversation about women entering the wisdom years of 60! Join us for another engaging conversation about things we often do not really talk about in public, at least honestly and openly. Todays episode is about "happy to be single". So many of us women are single in our midlife. In a culture that is fixated on being in relationship as the only path to fulfillment for a woman, being single can be a real challenge. The big one is being alright with being single in the face of all of the negative conditioning that we have grown up with that tells us that we are not ok if we are not together with someone aka "Married". Once we get over that big hurdle and settle into ourselves then there are the questions of how to get our social, sexual and intimacy needs met. It takes a village of the sisterhood to break through the viels that keep us isolated, alone and in despair about our being single. Let's move through it together so that we can celebrate our lives as sovereign women loving oursleves and eachother!
The evolution of the female will be our topic today as we continue on with our series on Woman and Girls...Our Emergence. When we think about the rise of rape, abuse, poverty and discrimination, we can't help but think of women and girls because somehow we are affected more severely by these things than everyone esle. Join us today as Angela and her co-host discuss where do we go from here? What the first step in healing? What is the female evolution?
As part of our continued discussion on Women and Girls...Our Emergence, today we will look at ways the female is being depicted in the media. It appears that we have become media's junk food. Negative images through a high sex, high violence, high conflict content has become the process that's creating a culture. norm in our media. What can we do to become less susceptible to messages in the media?Let's discuss this question and more on today's show.
"A Nation Can Rise No Higher Than Its Woman" proclaims the posters advertising this weeks national gathering of women in Chicago for a special meeting with Minister Louis Farrakhan. Young women are in crisis and Minister Farrakhan will discuss the strategy to "save our girls" in an address expected to attract over 3,000 women and girls on Saturday, April 18, 9am to 12 noon, at Muhammad University, 7351 South Stony Island. Our guest today, Sis. Maryam Muhammad, an organizers of the event, will share some of the critical issues to be addressed at Saturday's gathering.
Women and girls are affected by hunger, food insecurity, physical/sexual abuse and poverty due to gender inequality and discrimination. The plight facing women and girls is the most critical issue of our time. Join us for our new series: Women and Girls...Our Emergence. Over the next few weeks, we will ask the question: What are the biggest challenges facing women and girls worldwide, and how do we solve them? Gather your daughters, your sisters, your mothers, your girlfriends and tune into this most important discussion.
Join Dr.Culbreth for a discussion on Women's History Month and The National Girls and Women of Color Council, Inc. (NGWCC)
The Purpose, Mission and Vision of NGWCC
Women of Color Making History Now
Unsung Change Agents, Leaders and Visionaries
Trailblazers and Torchbearers
Celebrating, Embracing and Empowering Girls and Women of Color!
As part of our continued discussion on Women and Girls...Our Emergence, today we will look at ways the female is being called to her own personal blossoming for the greater story of humanity's evoluntion to unfold. This is one of our most important discussions to date. Don't miss it.
Join us today on Women Leading the Way Radio, as Michelle Bergquist, your host of Women Who Lead, interviews Silvia Mah, Co-founder of Hera Fund.
Silvia brings an important discussion to the table regarding how more women investors are supporting female entrepreneurs in the start up and growth phases of their business. Hera Fund is an angel group for female angel investors who want to fund and support female founders. Hera Fund connects entrepreneurs with funding agencies through strategic alliances and local events.
Learn about the upcoming Hera Venture Summit: Building Bridges! This event will offer female entrepreneurs and female, funding angel investors the opportunity to learn about the local investment culture, and network with female founders & female funders.
Silvia Mah’s primary focus is in on empowering, nurturing, and sustaining women-owned businesses in San Diego and nationwide, Silvia believes in investing in socially relevant new ventures that will allow women to break through barriers in order for the next generation of women entrepreneurs to grow even more.
As the CEO and Co-Founder of Connected Women of Influence, Michelle Bergquist is a passionate advocate for women in business. At Connected Women of Influence, we believe that more women need to lead in business and everything we do is center-focused on designing platforms, programs, connections and collaborative opportunities for b2b women to prosper, succeed and lead the way in business today!
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (44 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (38 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Ancestor Healing Chronicles (12 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (5 chatters)
- American Statesman (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- The Dump and Chase Podcast (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- The Larry Stevenson Show (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Universal Energy (1 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (0 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)