SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Many Adult Children of Alcoholics feel stuck, lost, afraid, resentful and frustrated by their circumstances. Because they were raised by inebriated, denial based caretakers--they were denied a healthy mirroring of Self-Love, Self-Appreciation, and Unconditional Love for Self.When your caretakers deny you the nurturing you deserve, you go through life feeling as if you are ill--wrong--broken--and stained. The wounds these feelings create are deep, and shatter a child's much needed sense of safety. The ability to trust Self is lost, as the child presumes the angst within--is something he/she deserves.
Future adult relationships all stem from the programmed dysfunctional perceptions of ones childhood. ACoA's often times attract into their experience partners who are very much like one of their caretakers. Because all beings attract what they know--even if what they know is dysfunctional--until a being becomes truly AWARE of that which is unconsciously driving all of their conscious decisions as adults--life cannot unfold happily.
Here we explore what it means to make that which is unconscious conscious--so to heighten our understanding and thus awareness of Self.
As awarness of self is expanded--so to is the love of self--for as one will ultimately learn here--we ACoA's were never not enough,we are not our pasts, nor our dysfuntional thoughts.
Lisa A. Romano
in Self Help
Because this is an attraction based universe, and becasue thoughts create things--we wounded adult children of alcoholics and adults from dysfunctional homes--may not be aware--that by the very nature of the universe--we are attracting what we know.
If all that we know--is the result of dysfunction--then how can we ever hope to attract healthy circumstances into our lives?
If the very core of our belief systems are dysfunctional--then all that we think must be a bit skewed.
If what we think is skewed--then what we attract will also be skewed--or at least--our perception of that which we are experiencing will be.
To take control of our adult lives--Jung says, "that until that which is unconscious is made conscious" we cannot truly ever be healed. If we do not know what is causing us to attract unhealthy circumstances and or people into our lives, how can we ever hope to live an abundant, joyful, fulfilling life?
Listen here as bestselling author, speaker and coach, Lisa A. Romano explains how adult children of alcoholics, and all wounded adult children from dysfunctional homes are simply the law of attraction in action--and how one can change their life around, simply by paying more attention to what one 'thinks'.
This Episode: Paula talks about the challenge for adult children who relocate to care for their loved ones. Caregiving is one of the greatest challenges and opportunities most of us experience in a lifetime.
Each week Paula Falk moderates a support group of caregivers dealing with the challenges of Alzheimer's. She's helped to provide guidance and a constant reminder to each member they're not alone, that it's okay to feel frustrated, sad, angry, but to not lose sight of their own health and mental wellness.
Many members of this support group have become good friends and provide a support network. Now, we want to share what we've learned in a series of short podcasts, each one about a tip to help you stay focused on your own health and well-being, as well as the loved one you're caring for.
Paula Falk is the Director of the Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) and Adult Day Service Program at The Living Room at Senior Friendship Centers’ Sarasota campus. The Caregiver Resource Center is a community collaboration bringing together agencies and businesses offering services and products to help caregivers through one of life’s more challenging times. For more information, call 941.556.3270, email email@example.com, or visit www. friendshipcenters.org.
Ever heard of the fetish where adults dress as babies in the privacy of their own home? Yeah us either, but it exist! We have a guest coming on that has the strong desire to dress like an infant when he gets home. Seriously he loves the bottle, the diapers, the crib, everything! This interview should be nothing short of interesting and with your MLC hosts hilarity will certainly ensue! Tune in 10:05 PM Eastern!
Are you worried about leaving our parent at home while you are at work? Adult Day Care is one option. You can drop off your senior at he center and put your worries away. The staff provides, meals, activities, snacks, i.e...
Randy Gornbein, owner of Sarah Care Adult Care Centers, a national organization. Randy knows about costs, services, Medicaid and much, much more
Tune in 10-17 @ 10 am MT
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Vernetta R. Freeney runs an award winning, popular business blog for women entrepreneurs and is the owner of Women Are Gamechangers, LLC. She has created Fusion Tour which is the first national networking tour for women entrepreneurs. A busy women who won’t be stopped, Vernetta is a blogger, speaker, does online and live events and so much more.
Dana Sidberry puts the “GO” in go-getter as the owner of Motivation Marketing Firm, a marketing firm that offers Marketing, PR and event’s management services for its clients. Join the conversation to hear what’s new in the world of women who are not just entrepreneurs but who are gamechangers. Learn more about Fusion Tour, when it will be in or near your city, and how you can connect. Hear Ya There!
Be sure to follow this show_
Until then .. Make it Great!
Adult movies have become a generational addicted drug that is devastating lives and homes. My guest, Jon Snyder, author of the Mighty Man Manual, counselor and speaker will share the science, statistics and stories about the escalation of adult movies use and the corresponding issues with addiction. Including powerful insights on how to overcome this addiction once-and-for all http://mightymanministries.com Another guest, Bill Ferguson, author and speaker featured on Oprah, will talk to us how to end conflict, heal the hurt and restore the love in our relationship http://billferguson.comYou will be highly impacted by our discussions so Join us. 5pm-5:30pm EST. Live on 1010 AM station; online on blogtalkradrio; Phone: 347-989-1700; Twit and Follow:@gfemradio
On today's show, Dr. Susan Gardner, host of Community College Now interviews Dr. Sarah Beasly, Director of Academic Initiatives, West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commision on best practices to serve the adult learner.
Dr. Sarah Beasl ey is the Director of Statewide Academic Initiatives for the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission. A native West
Virginian, Dr. Beasley holds a B.A. in Psychology from Harvard College, an Ed.M. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Administration, Planning, and Social Policy, and a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from Boston College.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (492 chatters)
- John Baptist (82 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (60 chatters)
- R3belution Radio (35 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (34 chatters)
- AlimBey (33 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (18 chatters)
- Alis MEN Radio (17 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (17 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- Love Productions (14 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (14 chatters)
- All Riders Radio (13 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (12 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (12 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (12 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- Dave in the City (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (10 chatters)
- 20 20 Radio Network (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- realsidemedia1 (9 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (9 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (8 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (8 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (8 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (8 chatters)
- Attracting the Light (7 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- Sh Moore (6 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (6 chatters)
- Billy D Online (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Horn Sports (5 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (5 chatters)
- The URC Show (5 chatters)
- The Neo Soul Show (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (5 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (5 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (4 chatters)
- UCLA Football (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (4 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- We Are Wrestling LIVE Break Down (3 chatters)
- The Pit Bull Advocate (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- Price Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Sack Heads Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- RHeart (2 chatters)
- Nerdy Black Chicks Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Ask Tall Paul (1 chatters)
- Cosmic Philosopher (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MoodSwings (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Pilates Progressions Program (1 chatters)
- Sisters Real Talk (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TimNolan1941 (1 chatters)
- Uncensored MMA Online Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Unseen World (1 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (0 chatters)