SORT BY Relevancy
Even as U.S. job losses slowed in August, the unemployment rate for the month hit a 26-year high at 9.7 percent. And the underemployment rate – which includes part-time workers who’d prefer a full-time position and people who want work but have given up looking – reached a record 16.8 percent.
Now is not the time to grow complacent in your job search or go let your credit score slip.
WalletPop editor and writer Aaron Crowe talks with Carrie Coghill Kuntz, a contributing editor and spokesperson for CreditFYI, about how to protect your credit score and future while unemployed.
If you've been laid off, you've probably quickly realized how expensive and difficult it is to get health insurance for you and/or your family. WalletPop writers Aaron Crowe and Jennie Phipps discuss how freelancers can find health insurance, and how even if you can afford it, insurance is still hard to find. We also discuss a contest by Elance for a freelancer to win a year's worth of health insurance premiums, up to $10,000, by simply describing how they fit into the new way to work in a recession.
WalletPop editor Aaron Crowe talks with Francis Larkin, senior product manager for SimplyHired.com, about using job boards to find a job and how SimplyHired.com catches fake job board postings.
If you don't want to be scammed in applying for a job you found online, then listen to this podcast for tips.
Do you have a job interview coming up this week? WalletPop writer Aaron Crowe does, and he's going to fill you in on how to prepare for it. WallePop writers Aaron Crowe and Jennie Phipps discuss many ways to prepare for a job interview. With unemployment at a record high, this is information many Americans can use.
WalletPop editor Aaron Crowe talks with networking specialist Thom Singer about tips on networking while your company is undergoing layoffs.
They include staying positive, networking early, not saying anything bad about your company, being visible and updating your resume.
WalletPop editor and writer Aaron Crowe talks with Kevin Kermes about how to find a job. Kevin is the founder of Build the Career You Deserve, a company devoted to empowering professionals with the vital tools and information necessary to find the job they want and have the successful career they deserve.
Kevin began his career serving his country as an Infantry Officer in the United States Army. Upon leaving the armed forces in 1999, he realized he could apply many of the same techniques he used leading some of our country’s best through austere situations to the corporate world. That led him to the executive search business, where he quickly made a name for himself as an accomplish ed search professional and manager in a Fortune 1000 boutique firm.
Kevin has developed a suite of informational products, bootcamps and coaching programs tailored to professionals looking to make a job – or career – change.
In this podcast they discuss how to "open the door" in the job market and rethinking the elevator speech, along with the methods Kevin has used from his military experience to help people find jobs.
Little-known Salinas, Calif., leads the nation in high paying jobs, thanks partly to its agriculture and being the 'Salad Bowl of the World.' Aaron Crowe and WalletPop editor Andrea Chalupa discuss the pros and cons of being unemployed and moving to where well paying jobs are available.
Wake up, scour the job boards, reply to ads, repeat. This is the grind for many job seekers these days. It’s a system that is promoted heavily, but it is a massively broken system. The statistics say it all: studies report 3% of jobs are found through job boards. Yet, this is where some 95% of the 13.7 million jobless in the U.S. focus and spend the bulk of their time searching for a new opportunity.
WalletPop editor Aaron Crowe discusses job boards with career search expert Kevin Kermes. Learn what to do and what not to do when using a job board on the Internet to find a job.
WalletPop writers Aaron Crowe and Jennie Phipps discuss where white-collar job recovery will start. With 44% of the 5.1 million Americans unemployed 27 weeks or longer coming from management and professional occupations, prolonged unemployment for these higher-wage workers could further affect the recovery of the economy.
We discuss how and where to find white-collar jobs.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (27 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (26 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (22 chatters)
- in5d (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- reactionariez (10 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (9 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (5 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (5 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (5 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (4 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- Michael Fairman (4 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (4 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (4 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Rifleman (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Yizzor Talk (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (0 chatters)