SORT BY Relevancy
With the Ray Rice incident, we are missing a teachable moment for domestic violence.
We keep sending the same message, which is that men shouldn't hit women, but we need to deliver the message that women should also keep their hands to themselves.
To blindly claim that dealing with the victim's side is "blaming the victim" is also harming the victim. By focusing on shutting down ALL violence, the actual abusive behavior can be reduced. How? By truly understanding domestic violence, instead of pretending that every man who hits a woman is a one dimensional ape.
Domestic Violence is a horrible crime against the institution of family. It is most often perpetuated against women, but is also perpetrated against men and children. This show will discuss the co-dependent relational behaviors that help to sustain an abusive relationship, which include behaviors of both men and women that feed into the need to abuse and be pabused. Special Guest Dr. Donald Grant, Jr., a practicing psychologist will help to identify behaviors and define abuse. Co-hosts, Tracy Powell, Dr. John Hamilton, Marcus D. LeGall, III and DJ Gates
Domestic Violence: The complications of love, abuse, and society passing judgement. Why doesn't she just leave? Some part of her must like it. She's stupid for staying with him. She probably deserved it.
Join Chrystal and Chiara tonight as they discuss this extremely hard topic.
In light of what's transpired this week, after the video of Ray Rice assaulting his now wife was released, my TL on Twitter has blown up. Most of the tweets have been in regard to domestic violence and I wanted to open up the phone lines and do a special show about this topic. This show will begin with my sharing . . .
In April 2004, I completed an Advanced Threat Assessment and Management Academy held by Gavinde Becker & Associates at the UCLA Conference Center. On January 25, 2009, I earned a Master's Degree from Boston Univerity in the field of Criminal Justice. Somewhere along the way I read a million books, or what felt like a million books on the topic of domestic violence. The reasons why might surprise you.
I think the way the NFL Commissioner handles matters like these is abysmal. I'm trying to understand why. What did he and/or the Ravens learn from the release of this video, that we didn't already know or should have known? I don't understand why Ray Rice was cut. Why not a six game suspension, if they were going to make any adjustments at all? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me 'cause I'm just as confused as ever about the National Football League.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (138 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (65 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (45 chatters)
- Ms Blue (44 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (22 chatters)
- HOV Radio (22 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (16 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (10 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (7 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (5 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (5 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (4 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (4 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (4 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- The Black Geeks (3 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (3 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Chocolate 108X1XThe Urban Jazz Conn (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- John J Nazarian Unleashed (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- UP AND DOWN RADIO (1 chatters)
- UrbanLiteraryReview (1 chatters)