SORT BY Relevancy
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. John DeGarmo is a leading expert in foster care and parenting.
For a discussion of this show, go to our blog tomorrow http://creatingafamily.org/blog/.
Creating a Family has many free resources related to this topic on our website at www.CreatingaFamily.org.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. Thanks.
Click to Tweet: http://ctt.ec/8b7tV
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A//creatingafamily.org/adoption-category/foster-parent-101/
Show Highlights: https://creatingafamily.org/adoption-category/foster-parent-101/
A discussion of all things vintage. I buy and sell vintage things, and I love to talk about them and share my expertise on the subject. Call in and share your finds, and your thoughts and expertise. This is meant to be a light hearted show, not to be taken too seriously!
Yasmin Mistry, director of Foster Care Film, makes her second guest hosting appearance on Ask a Foster Leader to discuss her new short film, "My Identity.
Things happen in families. Someone gets sick, someone dies, someone goes to jail, someone gets strung out on drugs. It happens, our siblings, our cousins, maybe even our close friends, for whatever reason, leave behind children to raise and we choose to step up to the plate. But our choice, rather through a sense of compassion, obligation, or guilt, may not always be our spouse's choice. What if the child is unruly, undisciplined, disobedient and disrespectful? How do we love and care for them anyway? What of their oresence disrupts our home? Should we expect our spouse to just continue to be patient and supportive? What happens if a child begins to negatively affect your marriage - and there is no other relative who is willing to step up? Would you put a child who is a blood relative in foster care? Should you, if they become too much to handle?
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (19 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (12 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- 67939 (10 chatters)
- BeverlyD (9 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (9 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- LCS (5 chatters)
- Straitway (5 chatters)
- Free Fire Friday Gun Talk (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- CenterStage (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (2 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (2 chatters)
- DRMRAB Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (2 chatters)
- WrestleTalk with Rob and Ray (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- HoneySoul (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Donny B international ministry (0 chatters)