SORT BY Relevancy
On the September 3, 2014 episode of Liberal Dan Radio:
Several celebrities have had nudes of them released that were obtained by people hacking their accounts. Some people are suggesting that keeping your pictures in "the cloud" is not a safe way to store such pictures and that such people are just "asking for it". Others suggest that taking such pictures altogether are them asking for it. Others see hypocrisy in the treatment of female celebrities and male celebrities. I will cut through the hype and give my feelings on why some scenarios are different than the others and also explain why some of this blame being placed on the persons who took those pictures is just another example of victim blaming. Victim blaming just victimizes the victim.
More victim blaming comes at the hands of Cee Lo Green. After being accused of raping a person who was drugged, he had the gaul to suggest that sex with an unconcious person is not rape. Seriously. Forget you...
Another example where a victim is again victimized is the case of Nick Olivas, a male in Arizona who at 15 had non consensual (read rape) sexual relations with a 20 year old woman. As a 15 year old he could not consent to sex with the 20 year old but yet he is financially responsible for it? That makes zero sense.
Finally, I will discuss the ruling in Louisiana today that upheld the Louisiana ban on same sex marriage. Again, Louisiana bucks national trends to the detrement of its citizenry. Louisiana will eventually be forced to recognize marriage equality, but it will be dragged there kicking and screaming.
Those topics, headlines, tweet of the week and more at 8pm central on Liberal Dan Radio: Talk From The Left, That's Right.
And if you are listening after the live broadcast you can comment on the show thread on liberaldan.com.
If you've experienced an abusive childhood and lot's of misfortunes during your life, don't throw in the towel just yet. There are other people in the world just like you. Tune into this episode and learn how to pull yourself up and out. "Finding Your Bootstraps" by Diane Bogino: 11 Steps to Overcoming Victim Thinking.
Join me on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 8:00 PM CST as I speak with Ceo/Founder of Life of Hope After Abuse Ministries Sheryl Roberts. She's the author of From Victim to Vessel.
You will be blessed
I look forward to meeting you on the call. The call in number is 718-508-9987. If you have a question or comment you can press the 1 key once the call is open up at the end.
Come with expectancy GOD Bless You Much Love Minister Clara Peters
You have heard Laura Cowan tell her story on our show. You have heard the director and producer Joey Ruffin's story and inspiration for the play. Finally, the day has arrived. Tune in as Mr. Yancey broadcasts live from Stay Alive: How Not to Become a Victim on the campus of Cleveland State University. He will be talking to those who attended the first performance of the play. He'll talk to some of the cast members of the play to find out what there experience being part of the play. He will also to those who will be attending the second performance of the play to find out what their expectations are.
in Self Help
In the second broadcast of A Joy-Filled Life, you get to meet Megan Stangl. She shares her inspiring story of how she moved from being a victim to being empowered. She has gone from pain to joy. Your Life Coach and host, Tess Adams also answers an important question she received from one of her listeners who is feeling stuck and doesn't know how to move forward. Tune in to see if her advice can help you too. Tess also announces an amazing course she will be teaching soon.
in Self Help
Chuck Koehler is an aspiring writer, blogger, poet, counselor, life coach, speaker, mentor, and workshop presenter. He has a burning desire in supporting other people with unraveling the mysteries underneath their suffering, while encouraging them in transcending from “victim” consciousness to “empowered” consciousness, thereby living an authentic life through their passionate pursuits and showing up powerfully in the world affecting other people in a transformative way.
"Laura Cowan, A 27 yr old woman with two children is devastated by the loss of her husband,
family businesses and their home. Forced to live on the street and in shelters she is blindly lured into a life of horror in a rural Californian house run by polygamist Mansa Musa Muhummed." This is just part of the storyline for this dramatic stage play about human trafficking. Tune as Mr. Yancey is joined live in the studio by the writer, director and producer of this stage play, Joey Ruffin, as well as a few of the cast members from the play. They will be talking about the stage in more detail, as well as domestic violence from the abuser's stand point and the victim's standpoint. To find out what's going on in the community, make sure you tune in to "The City wit Kay Lexi" to kick off the show. You can call in with your questions and comments at (914)338-0665. You can also watch them live in the studio on UStream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/who-has-the-power-radio-network .
In the wake of all the current news and issues in the media, what is the fascination we have with blaming the victims for the violence and problems that are often visited upon them?
Victim Blaming and Shaming?? What the hell is our problem?? Why do we protect predators?
Plus, are there "In your race" conversations?? Things that you on say to "your people" and not in mixed company??
Come and Pour the T with me today at 3pm.
The number to call in is: 347-633-9497
in Real Estate
Today, I will be interviewing Eboni Strader who will be talking live on the air about her experience with real estate fraud. She will be speaking openly and frankly about what happened to her and her family.
She will be sharing her story in hopes that others will be aware, and not suffer the same heartache she endured.
Join me and Eboni; Saturday @ 9/6 at 12noonCST/1pmEST.
Friends and family Eboni Strader needs your help during this extreme time. She has no home, no job, no car and is taking care of her 3 children on her own. Eboni is a victim of fraud. She was scammed out of her families life savings and needs our help. She thought she was purchasing a home to give her family a better life and a thief took advantage of the opportunity. Your prayers and donations are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use.
Have you noticed how more and more people are becoming heroes by surviving tragedy, disease, abuse and other dramas? Please join us in offering you a different perspective on victimhood.
Jyude can be reached at www.jyudeallbright.com and Kika at email@example.com
A discussion about the Ray Rice situation and an evaluation of the heirarchy of narratives created by politically correct fascism.
In the MYTH WARRIORS™ series we are targeting ideas to begin to assess whether they are credible or not (i.e., they are a myth, fallacy or even a lie). The topic for this episode is, “You are not a helpless victim.”
“: not protected : not able to defend yourself : unable to do something to make a situation, task, etc., better or easier : not able to be controlled” Helpless. (n.d.). Retrieved May 31, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/helpless
Learned helplessness definition?
“[L]earned helplessness, in psychology, a mental state in which an organism forced to bear aversive stimuli, or stimuli that are painful or otherwise unpleasant, becomes unable or unwilling to avoid subsequent encounters with those stimuli, even if they are “escapable,” presumably because it has learned that it cannot control the situation. […]Seligman coined the term learned helplessness to describe the expectation that outcomes are uncontrollable. [...P]rior learning can result in a drastic change in behaviour and seeking to explain why individuals may accept and remain passive in negative situations despite their clear ability to change them.” Learned helplessness. (2014). In Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved from http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1380861/learned-helplessness
"Optimistic people tend to interpret troubles as transient, controllable, and specific to one situation. Pessimistic people, in contrast, believe that their troubles last forever, undermine everything they do and are uncontrollable.” http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-19/features/sns-201302191830--tms--pagliarictnrp-a20130219-20130219_1_negativity-state-lotteries-helplessness
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (89 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (35 chatters)
- thelordshour (31 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (25 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (21 chatters)
- in5d (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (15 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (15 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (14 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (11 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Omega Man (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (5 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (5 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- SportsBuzzRadio (4 chatters)
- churchfolk (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Winging It In Motown (2 chatters)
- Speak your mind7 (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (0 chatters)
- NDB Media (0 chatters)