SORT BY Relevancy
Tune in as Mikial New Bey and Don Blake Jr. broadcast live from the 2nd Annual Veg Fest, presented by The Cleveland Vegan Society at Cleveland State University. They will be talking to top national speakers and authors in their fields about issues of health, environmental sustainability, social justice, and animal rights. They will also talk about the benefits of plant-based eating and cruelty-free living. You can watch Mikial New Bey and Don Blake Jr. live on UStream at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/who-has-the-power-radio-network during the broadcast.
Today I will be interviewing Lewis & the Fireflies!! A beautiful, young couple who have been on the road since August 2014 with their veg oil bus Lewis, following their dreams of creating a sustainable community free from all fossil fuels. Tune in to see how they're doin' it!!!
Lewis and the Fireflies is a story of a couple and their adventurous bus, following their documentary journey to Guatemala. On this journey they are learning about natural building, eco-tourism, and veg-oil mechanics as they transition off using fossil fuels and work towards building a sustainable retreat centre. Their goal is to live a simpler life and share their lessons and experiences. Their dream is to inspire others to see that there are many ways to live on this Earth in a way that is healthy for both us and the planet.
Tonight on Crush Radio:
Breast Cancer and Women's Health, What the deal is with Cannabis, and much more!
New Years Advice by: Vikki
1. Cut down on drunk texting, or at least try to.
2. And if you do end up drunk messaging an ex, just shrug it off. Don’t spend the entirety of your next day hungover, hating yourself.
3. In fact, learn to shrug things off more often. Let 2015 be the year of ¯\_(?)_/¯.
4. Stop dieting: Just eat more fruit and veg and drink a ton of water.
5. Although, it’s probably about time to stop eating all your meals in bed. Greasy pizza stains are a nuisance to get out of sheets.
6. Figure out how to re-create your favourite takeaway food at home.
7. Stop FUCKING and Sucking Get Married throw in your Harlot Card!
8. Figure out what makes you tick, what you actually feel passionate about, and delve further into it. Never stop learning.
9. Learn to reshuffle your schedule so you have more time for creative projects, and make sure you finish those projects.
10. Pick a European city to visit this year.
11. Ride the scariest roller coaster you can think of.
12. Stop beating yourself up about missing the gym, instead find a form of exercise you actually enjoy.
13. Dance alone in your room whenever you get the chance.
14. Take a social media break.
15. Delete people who still send you Candy Crush invites.
16. Dive off of the highest diving board at your local pool.
17. Also, jump into a pool/the sea/a lake fully dressed this year – you’ll feel so badass.
18. Have dessert for breakfast and breakfast food for dinner.
19. Ditch phones when you’re eating with other people.
20. Stop worrying about when to text someone you like.
21. Sing out loud whenever you feel like it.
23. Worry less about what people think.
24. Give more compliments.
Today's guest is the 'Idea Man' behind HappyCow.net- Ken Spector. HappyCow is my favorite resource for finding places to eat wherever I am in the world.
Founded in 1999, HappyCow was created as a public service to assist travelers and people everywhere find vegan, vegetarian, and healthy food. Today, our online community has grown to include members from around the world who are passionate about the vegetarian and vegan lifestyle as a healthy, compassionate, and environmentally sustainable way of living. More than simply a restaurant and health food store guide, HappyCow is an ever-evolving online hub that serves millions worldwide as a one-stop resource for everything VEG.
Ken and I willl be discussing The HappyCow Cookbook, which shares the history and evolution of over 40 of the highest member-rated restaurants, provides Q&As with the owners, and teaches you how to make some of their mouthwatering foods.
REAL VS REFEREE
CHASE LEGACY VS CEDARSIDE MONE
LAMA LEEK VS REALITY
VEG VILLA VS PEOPLEZ
RYDADIE TY VS PRO CAINE
BONE CRUSHER VS MIKE JONES
The economics and rules of eating well. Join us as we Get Real and 'cut through the fat' of how to really eat well. Many people feel like they can't afford to eat well. Simply put - junk food can appear cheaper - but you eat a whole lot more of it. Which puts people in the catagory of being overfed and undernourished. In the long run, eating well and eating for health pays off in better health and lower doctor visits. We'll help you look at different ways you can eat better without breaking the bank and actually enjoy it.
Our family went from the sick care life style and industry to our Wellness Lifestyle. Our passion is to help you Get Real and bridge the gap to a joy-filled passionate life with good health and vitality.
Indigo Mountain: Wellness, Toys & Gifts
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Photo Credit: Couple Eating Veg by Ambro at Freedigitalphotos.net
THIS SATURDAY BAR4BAR HOSTED THE UNFINISHED BUSINESS CARD WITH BATTLES FROM:
DEGREEZ VS REFEREE
FONZ VS OSAGE
PAYCHECK VS TRUTH
MIKE PIFF VS RICO KING
VEG VILLA VS CHAMP
WE WILL BE GIVING OUR RECAP OF THE BATTLES, WHO WON AND WHO FLOPPED!!!
AND WE WILL BE TALKING TO SOME FO THE BATTLERS
We open with a conversation with Jasmine Heiss, Senior Campaigner with Amnesty International USA's Individuals and Communities at Risk program. She advocates on behalf of the prisoners of conscience, human rights defenders, communities and other individuals who are at the heart of Amnesty International's work. She is lead on AIUSA's work on behalf of the Angola 3: http://takeaction.amnestyusa.org/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx?c=6oJCLQPAJiJUG&b=6645049&aid=520358 We then shift to a matter dear to all our hearts, food, healthy food choices this Vegetraian Week in Alameda County. We speak to Veg Week and Meatless Monday Founder, Kristie Middleton, food policy manager for The Humane Society of the United States and the founder of Oakland Veg. She has successfully worked with dozens of corporations, hospitals, and other institutions to improve the plight of farm animals through humane-minded purchasing programs, and has worked with some of the nation’s largest school districts, including Los Angeles Unified School District, Detroit Public Schools, and Broward County Schools, to implement Meatless Monday. Her work has been covered by national media, including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and CNN. She is joined by Krystil Smith, Food Policy Coordinator at the Humane Society of the United States. She works closely with food and nutrition professionals across the nation to implement Meatless Monday and other healthy, sustainable and humane eating initiatives. She specializes in sustainable food solutions, particularly the environmental impact of modern agricultural practices and food systems. She holds a Juris Doctor and a Masters of Environmental Law &Policy from Vermont Law School.Music:The Angola Project:Amazing Grace, Rise&Fly, No More My Lawd;Fela'sNoMoreWater
Tired of the usual Thanksgiving and holiday fare? Judee Algazi has fantastic, easy and practical vegan, vegetarian and gluten free holiday and everyday meal options.
Tune in today while Shirly Gutkowski gets to the heart of the matter of healthy holiday food. Judee is the author of a popular food blog where she shares a growing number of practical, delicious and health conscious recipes from a variety of global cuisines. The best news is that her recipes meet vegetarian, vegan and gluten free standards while using common ingredients. Judee's recipes can be found on her website www.glutenfreematters.com.
Judee makes healthy living and eating easy and delicious!
Join Host Live Chats
- SecularTalkRadio (30 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (7 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (7 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (3 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (2 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart Ministries (1 chatters)
- Personal Hearts Radio (1 chatters)
- Trek Talking (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)