SORT BY Relevancy
We've taken a small break and are so happy to be back with all of you! We've got a great show for you today:
1. Wounded Warrior, Wounded Home with Marshele Carter Waddel. She delves into her personal life dealing her husband's PTSD and TBI at home. Marshele is married to a retired Navy Seal and the book delves into their marriage and how their children were affected. She goes onto interview 25 other families affected with post traumatic stress and more. The book is co-authored by Vietnam Veteran and Marine, Dr. Kelly Orr.
The resource Marshele mentions for anonymous counseling is Hope for the Heart online communities.
Click to win one of three books at USMC Life.
2. We're interviewing military children because April is the month of the military child! Join us as we ask questions to some of our favorite kids and adults, ages 4 to 16.
We’re interviewing Betty Turnbull, Author of “A Sergeant in the House” where she tells the story of Lenny who desperately wants a puppy. His father is in the military, the family must move frequently, and Lenny is still very young to care for an animal, so Lenny strikes a bargain: When his daddy becomes a sergeant, Lenny can have a puppy. When his father is deployed to war, Lenny learns what it means to be responsible, to care for his family, and to help around the house. A dreaded phone call brings the news that Lenny’s father has been injured and is being sent home. When Lenny’s father explains that this means he’ll never become a sergeant, Lenny realizes that what he truly wants is his daddy–puppy or no puppy. Enter to win a copy here!
Next we’re talking about the new Dress Blues for females and the cost of uniform research between the services.
We're highlighting a few new businesses we recently discovered and love. Many of us are entrepreneurs and we want to know how these businesses got their start and why customers love them. Maybe you can find some inspiration and tips for your own business.
Sseko Designs: We met the founder of Sseko, Ben, at an INC conference and he’s doing amazing things. He has a brilliant shoe which allows people to simply switch the ribbons out for a new color and look. We talked to Ben about making a Marine Corps Ribbon and providing a portion of the proceeds to the Semper Fi Fund and he agreed! We can’t wait to show you the finished product.
Molly’s Suds: We were given a package of all natural laundry detergent and Abbey is going to offer her opinions on the product. We’re also going to ask Monica Leonard, the founder of Molly's Suds, how she followed her dreams of starting a business which is good for the environment and also her family.
Commissary Closures: This week starts the beginning of the commissary closures on Monday. If your Commissary is normally closed on Monday, then they will now be closed Monday and Tuesday.
Have you taken MOAA's Military Spouse Survey? Now through 10/16/13.
Lock and Load Java Carl from Lock-N-Load Java is giving us a some coffee lessons. Learn how this veteran and wife Lori started their own business and how they give back to charities.
They send donated coffee to deployed troops so they know how much they're appreciated. If you want to purchase some coffee to send, you can get a 15% discount and free shipping! "Like" them on Facebook or Twitter.
Coupon code: usmclife for a 10% discount!
USMCSO Cassandra Bratcher, co-founder of USMCSO (United Support for Marine Corps Signicant Others) with friend Christine joins us. Cassandra is also Mrs. District of Columbia Exquisite and we're going to ask her about her volunteerism and how it lead her to her sash and crown, but also how their organization helped gather 160 evening gowns for Operation Ball Gown. "Like" them on FB USMCSO and Twitter.
We're going to have a bit of fun with Cassandra and Abbey, our program manager to see who knows the most about the pageants.
USMC Fox Valley Veterans Day & USMC Birthday Friday Nov 9th 6-10pm "Live" on www.SFTVR.com SemperFi TV cant come Call 1-909-202-8714 & Talk To the Troops 237th Marine Corps Birthday Celebration at Riverview Banquets, 1117 N. Washington Ave. Aurora AMVETS POST, 1194 Jericho Road, Aurora, IL. Second Thursday of each month at 1900 hours. Commandant -
The Rosie Network: Connecting You to Jobs We're talking to Navy spouses Stephanie Brown and Jill Ivie to discuss their new organization, The Rosie Network, which is helping to combat the problem of veteran and military spouse employment. The Rosie Network allows users to register on their site and create a customizable website which is free to military spouses and veteran entrepreneurs. Their organization was recently featured in Women's Day Magazine and has received a fiscal scholarship agreement from Naval Special Warfare Foundation.
The Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund: Changing Lives of our Wounded Warriors We're interviewing Karen Guenther, CEO of the Semper Fi Fund, a non-profit which provides immediate financial support for injured and critically ill members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families. They direct urgently needed resources to post 9-11 service members within 24-72 hours of request.
Both the Semper Fi Fund and America's Fund are ranked as some of the best run charities around with an average 6% overhead, and the rest goes to helping others. Since 2004, the fund has issued more than 62,000 grants totaling more than $80 million to over 10,200 of our heroes and their families. They are there from day one, and our service members and their families will continue to need our help as they navigate lengthy recoveries and rejoin their communities.
Join in as we discuss the 5 Love Languages Military Edition book with authors Jocelyn Green and Gary Chapman. The 5 Love Languages has helped military couples heal broken relationships and strengthen healthy relationships. Special features include:
Stories of military couples who have found ways to use the 5 love languages in their unique lifestyles. A Decoding Deployments section offering tips on how to express love when you are apart. Love Language Scramblers, explains how to speak the love languages through some of the most challenging times of a military marriage. An updated Q&A section specific to military.
Next we're interviewing authors Holly Scherer and Kathie Hightower on their newly released book, Military Spouse Journey, which helps readers craft their best life possible.This book will help you:
Explore your passions, strengths, and goals. Discover possibilities for the life you want to live. Create an action plan to move forward, even when you think it's impossible. Learn five keys to happiness you can apply Build valuable friendships and support systems ENTER NOW for your chance to win with our book giveaway!
Jackie and I are dishing thank you cards, dishing traditions including May Day, Saint Patrick's Day, Easter, and more.
Join us on an interview with Danielle Herzog, mom blogger and author of Martinis and Minivans, a fun and hilarious look at motherhood. We're talking about divorce in our world, motherhood, and our fascination with Kim Kardashian and celebs, and the inappropriate things our kids do to strangers.
*We're going to miss taking your live calls today, we pre-recorded the show for booking purposes*
I am a husband and father of three ages 2-6.
I grew up in Madison, Ohio and joined the United States Marine Corps following high school graduation.
Six year Marine Corps veteran with an honorable discharge at the rank of Sergeant.
Four years as a civilian aircraft mechanic on the Presidential fleet to include Airforce One with a secret security clearance.
Currently on the Mentor on the Lake Parks and recreation board.
Upon becoming engaged to be married, my wife and I decided that northeast Ohio was the best place to raise children and that this would be our final relocation.
The same desire to make a difference that led me to enlist in the USMC has led me to take an interest in serving the Mentor on the Lake community.
Join us as we discuss Dogs on Deployment with Alisa Johnson and how they help foster pets for our service members when they are sent on deployments or out of the country. You can "like" their Facebook page, or sign the Change.org pledge to require bases to change their policies to standardize breed policies on base.
Next we interview Stephen Peters, President of the American Military Partner Association on the repeal of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) and how it is impacting gay and lesbian servicemembers lives and what we can expect in the future. We also discuss life as a gay Marine before Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed and why familes previously denied these benefits deserve them. You can connect with them on Facebook as well.
Cameron from Military Town Advisor joins us to discuss her website. She is a Navy military spouse and is the founder of this PCS resource, where military families write reviews about neighborhoods and schools surrounding US military bases. We'll find out how she got started and what tips she can offer you! Jackie and I will are dishing some of our favorite PCS tips and stories to prepare you for your upcoming military move. Tristan Gale Geiser joins us to discuss how h
Mike Christy joins us from Together We Served, a website dedicated to preserving military memories and allowing a military member to describe in detail what they did in the service, honors and achievements awarded, and reconnect with fellow veterans. TWS launched in 2003 and is now has a dedicated website for each service: Marines, Army, Air Force, Navy, and Coast Guard. They want to enable each servicemember to document and keep those memories alive for others "in their own words".
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (486 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (307 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (37 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (35 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (28 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (26 chatters)
- Love Productions (22 chatters)
- The Audible (19 chatters)
- RHeart (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (15 chatters)
- Curious Times (14 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (14 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (12 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (12 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (11 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (10 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (10 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (8 chatters)
- The View from Montana (8 chatters)
- Tinfoil Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- bapnation (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (5 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (5 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (4 chatters)
- johncinque (4 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (4 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- SirTemplar (4 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- David Fournier (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- TP3 Radio (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- Living Aligned Radio (3 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Ninja Scroll (2 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (2 chatters)
- ALI ONLNE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (2 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- Wild World (2 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (2 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- JIMMY LEE (1 chatters)
- Howling Wolfs Raido (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- VOICE OF REASON at FMSM (1 chatters)
- Voices United Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (1 chatters)
- poorbiker (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Star Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (1 chatters)