SORT BY Relevancy
Brian Leaf is the director of the New Leaf Learning Center and the author of twelve books, including Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi and most recently Misadventures of a Parenting Yogi. His work has been featured in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, USA TODAY, and The Huffington Post, and he blogs for Mothering.com and Kripalu.org. Visit Brian at his website, www.Misadventures-of-a-Yogi.com.
Yogi Cameron left the world of high fashion in 1998 to seek the higher path available to all of us. He began his ongoing studies in Ayurveda at Arsha Yoga Vidya Peetam Trust in India under the guidance of his guru Sri Vasudevan after training at the Integral Yoga Institute in New York City and Yogaville of Sri Satchidananda. Since then, Yogi Cameron has worked with individuals throughout the world to provide them with these ancient methods to live healthier, greener, more spiritually-minded lives in accordance with the Ayurvedic and yogic path. Using a combination of treatments, meditation, herbal remedies and diet guidance, Yogi Cameron helps treat specific conditions and set his clients on a path to greater mental, physical, and spiritual health. A primary goal of this path is helping each person find their purpose and practice.
With the help of the Amanuddin Foundation, Yogi Cameron has brought Yoga and meditation to Afghanistan as part of a peace and education program for Afghan children, soldiers, and other members of the civilian population. He also works with young girls rescued from sex trafficking practices in Cambodia in coordination with the Somaly Mam Foundation.
Urban living exposes us to constant distraction and potential misalignment with Mother Nature, because we are outside of our natural habitat. It takes focused energy to maintain equilibrium that allows for optimal mind/body/spirit balance in this fast-paced world, and even more so in a stressful environment. The urban Yogi is able to turn inward and find peace and renewal in their inner sanctuary, whether that be in the subway or in the comfort of their own home.
Our guest, Luz Emma Canas Madrigal, is a Master Yogi and founder of Rhythm and Breathe. She is dedicated to reaching those on the spiritual path wherever they are. Her mission is to make Kundalini Yoga and Meditation accessible and affordable, and does so through the use of virtual tools to create a community of both urban and non-urban Yogis. To find out more about Luz click here.
Join us in establishing mental, emotional, and physical well being from wherever you may be.
Jazzmin Sam'araye Harris aka “JazRay'e” is an aspiring young pop/r&b recording artist who has dreams of entertaining the world with her gift of voice. Music has been a part of Jaz's life from the very beginning, singing in choirs at such a young age was where her mother noticed her passion and love for music. Soon after, she began singing at family, community, school functions, and talent shows. She pretty much performed at anywhere she could. JazRay'e soon recorded her first hit single “Don't Blame Me” which turned out to be a certified hit. This song won her thousands of fans across the United States and just about every radio station had “Don't Blame Me” playing across their airwaves. It was one of those songs that stuck with you because of the message that the song was portraying, which was “don't hate me because I am cute, don't hate because of the way that I look, and that every girl is beautiful in her on way”. Not too long after that, JazRay'e cranked out another hit called “Teenage Dream”.
in Self Help
On this week's radio show, author and yoga teacher Brian Leaf shares insights and hilarious stories from his newest book, "Misadventures of a Parenting Yogi: Cloth Diapers, Cosleeping, and My (Sometimes Successful) Quest for Conscious Parenting."
Brian Leaf, MA, is director of The New Leaf Learning Center, a holistic tutoring center in Massachusetts. In his work helping students manage ADD and overcome standardized-test and math phobias, Brian draws upon twenty-one years of intensive study, practice, and teaching of yoga, meditation, and holistic health. He is certified by The New England Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine and holds licenses or certifications as a Yoga Teacher, Massage Therapist, Energyworker, and Holistic Educator. He also incorporates Bach Flower Essences, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Reiki, Shiatsu, and Tai Chi into his work.
Brian is the author of eleven books, including Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi, Name That Movie!, and McGraw-Hill's Top 50 Skills for a Top Score. His books have been featured on The CW, MTV.com, Fox News, and Kripalu.org.
Brian lives in western Massachusetts with his wife and two sons.
Visit Brian online at www.misadventures-of-a-yogi.com
DJ Young Slade - Age 15 - Celebrity DJ/Actor
Slade Smith, better known as, DJ Young Slade is a prodigy celebrity DJ following in his father, Lil' Jon's, footsteps. Slade has most recently been signed on as the DJ for young artist Jordan Newt and took part in an 8-week nationwide tour as DJ for Disney Star Zendaya. Slade has appeared as a featured DJ in the BET pilot Looped In Live and in the feature film Battlefield America. He was a resident DJ for Club RadioActive, and has rocked the house for events for Adidas, Oakley, Body Armor, the Wild Summer Bash in Atlanta, and is the youngest DJ to win in the Across the Fader 2012 DJ battle.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (46 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (39 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (33 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (27 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (26 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- Curious Times (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (10 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (10 chatters)
- Life Conversations (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (7 chatters)
- The View from Montana (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (6 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (6 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (6 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (4 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (4 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (3 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (3 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- ShayXRenae and Friends (2 chatters)
- William Telltale (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (0 chatters)