SORT BY Relevancy
There is a unique experience for each and every author out there. There are different struggles, different success, and different appreciation associated with each person. Join me as I discuss being a woman in Urban Literature with some of the best: Allison Essence M Edwards, Jacqueline McDuffie, Mimi Renee The Writer Chick, Tanisha Pettiford, and Tamika Newhouse.
Tune in September 4th at 2pm and check out the interview with one of the most prolific authors to ever write an urban fiction novel. K'wan has countless bestsellers under his belt and many more to come.
Thomas Long was born and raised in the rough streets of Baltimore, Maryland. His writing style can be described as gritty, erotic, intellectual, and able to appeal to all audiences. Long initially pursued his passion for writing by self-publishing a collection of his intimate poetry entitled, Reflections of My Soul. He followed that up with a self-help guide entitled, For My Sisters: 7 Relationship Tips that was well received by his female readers. Feeling adventurous, he decided to venture out and try his hand in the genre of urban fiction. An avid reader of the works of legendary authors such as Robert Beck and Donald Goines, he intended to craft stories that reflected a realistic picture of the inner city life he encountered growing up in Baltimore City.
Keisha Tyree is a thirty-three year old author and mother. Born and raised in Flint, Michigan, she currently resides in the Maryland/Washington D.C. area. Having been a lover of words and reading from a very young age, Ms. Tyree’s progression into writing seemed to happen almost naturally. Starting out, she mostly penned short stories and poetry. After sharing her work with a few family members and friends, Keisha was overwhelmingly encouraged to turn her short stories into full length novels. She pondered on the ideal for a while, but it wasn’t until she began working as a personal assistant to New York Times bestselling authors, Ashley and JaQuavis, that Ms. Tyree truly decided to pursue her dreams of becoming an author. Gestating her work for months, Ms. Tyree banged away at the keyboard every day until the last word was written and her debut novel, Heavy, was finally born.
?Keisha Tyree’s writing style is byproduct of the streets in which she was raised; gritty, urban, honest and uncut. Her work seeks to shed light on the untold stories from our nation’s countless, and often times forgotten about ghettos. Signed to the Official Writer’s League (O.W.L), the publishing company created by author’s Ashley & JaQuavis Coleman, Keisha’s debut novel Heavy, is currently causing a stir in world of urban fiction.
?Keisha is currently hard at work on the follow up to Heavy, which is due out this fall/winter.
Blacc Topp was born to a father that was a gangster turned preacher and a mother that was a singer, artist, and scholar. He was born into a family of preachers, pimps, prostitues, drug drealers, dopefiends, and squares. BlaccTopp was raised on the streets of South Dallas, Texas. After the death of his father, feeling as though he had nowhere to turn he turned to the gang. The neighborhood gang, Dixon Circle 357um Gangsta Crips is where he would learn to become ruthless and unfeeling. Although he was deep in the gang and game he continued his studies for fear that his mother would make him move to Florida.By the age nineteen he had been shot three times and was on his way to the Texas Department of Corrections with a forty year prison sentence for distribution of narcotics. While inside he lost his youngest sister to the violence of drugs in 1996. After serving seven years he was granted parole (mainly due to his mother's efforts). He used the education that he obtained inside to land a job at a top engineering firm in Texas. He used his love of word play to push himself to local fame on the hip-hop scene in Texas and Florida but, he would lose his mother to cancer in 2006, only to lose his oldest sister to cancer in 2008 and he knew something had to change. He began to chronicle his life, his mishaps and his capers which gave birth to The Hustle Chronicles, his debut novel and soundtrack of the same name. He is a father to three young children and husband to a beautiful and supportive wife. They reside in the state of Florida.
Ric Nero a Chicago native is the newly published author of Revealing Revelations, a five star reviewed hit for the new author. Raised on the sothern side of Chicagos poverty stricken inner city Ric Nero is the youngest of three brothers raised in a single parented house hold where his mother did her best to keep provide and raise the only men in her life. First of the three to graduate highschool he moved on to sedving three years in the U.S. Army in various stations and served fifteen months in Iraq. After exiting the military he pursued his drem of becoming a published author with one thing in mind that he tells himself daily.
My name is Margaret Felicia Kreps. I am a 41 year old single mom from Newark, New Jersey. I love to represent 07112, even though I have lived all over the state of New Jersey. My children are 23 year old Jemall and 6 year old Kendra. I was educated at Weequahic High School in Newark, and then went on to acquire my Associates in Applied Science in Radiography at Essex County College. After working several years as an Xray Technologist, I returned to The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey’s Nuclear Medicine Technology Program.
After the birth of my second child (Kendra), I began to work as a private contractor under my own company name, Kreps Medical Imaging, LLC. Here I would lease my services as an Xray or Nuclear Medicine Technologist throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. A few years later I returned to higher education, and earned my B.S. in Allied Health Technologies.
With many changes in health billing coupled with the oversaturation of Nuclear Medicine Technologists, as well as the overall recession, I decided to reinvent myself, and my career. After a hard decision to leave New Jersey, I enrolled as a full-time accelerated Nursing student at the Inter Americana University of Puerto Rico this past August. I am currently toward the end of my first trimester, and enjoying my new life in Puerto Rico with my daughter Kendra.
Even though My Intimate Journey With Ceasar was conceived while I was still in New Jersey, I was not able to fully give birth to it until after I relocated to Puerto Rico. I do not know what the good Lord has in store for my future, but I am confident, and ready to take the Journey.
The Thirsty Earth, is scheduled to come out in August of 2013. You can find out more about the book (and even listen to the first chapter) by clicking the Novels button above. Even though I’m the author of six novels, I recently worked as the data manager for an HIV program in New York. Similarly, I spent a few years working as a web design consultant in the Caribbean, so you can probably get a sense of my work by looking at this site.
In the fall of 2013 I'll start my PhD in the sociology of development—essentially, the study of how poor countries can advance socio-economically. Given my interest in (global) poverty and inequality, my novels tend to have a “social commentary” aspect. Writing, for me, has always been a way to make sense of the world. A good book is like a good conversation, in that it opens us up new possibilities and challenges our lazy assumptions about life. This is my goal as an author.
Divine Ortiz a Puerto Rican man born in The Bronx, NY. Bronx River Projects to be exact. Even though he didn't come from a "bad home", He still took to the streets like a fish to water. We left NY in his early teens (Father was in the military) and he ended up in FT Bragg/Fayetteville, NC. By the time he was 19, he was back in NY and locked up on New York's notorious Riker's Island. Soon 3 days after his release from Riker's, he ended up in the NC DOC with a 13 year sentence. Once released from the NC prison system, the streets called him again, but hustling and drug dealing just weren't enough, and he ended up in the Federal Bureau of Prisons for Armed Bank Robbery. It was during his third time in the Federal system that he decided that he had had enough. Five prison sentences was all the time that he had in him to give. Come chat with us and see how he changed his life around to being a writer.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (165 chatters)
- Omega News (64 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (42 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (34 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- Omega Man (24 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (24 chatters)
- DreaminDemon (17 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (16 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (14 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (13 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (10 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (8 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (8 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- TalkNChitwTraCGmore (5 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (4 chatters)
- Kawakab (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (4 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (4 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (3 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (3 chatters)
- Warrior 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- The Rainbow Bridge (3 chatters)
- Growl Radio (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Billy D Online (3 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (3 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (3 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (2 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (2 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (1 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (1 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- Funkie Media Productions (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (1 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Desperate House Witches (1 chatters)
- DPoetess (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (1 chatters)
- LCS (1 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- The Hotseat Left is never right (1 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (1 chatters)
- Ron Reck (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- S G SportsTalk More (1 chatters)
- Sotapop Radio (0 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (0 chatters)