SORT BY Relevancy
This week on Present Moment Parenting we discuss unschooling and homeschooling your children. My guest, Courtney Ward, is a mother and business owner who uses a combination of unschooling and homeschooling to educate her daughter, Nim. She joins me in a discussion on why she made this choice for her daughter, what homeschooling and unschooling mean, and the benefits and challenges of both approaches.
If you are homeschooling or unschooling your child and would like some tips and ideas from someone who is doing it successfully, or if you are frustrated with the schooling system and considering one of these approaches, then listen in. This is a fun, enlightening conversation on some quite unconventional ways of educating our kids in a way that empowers them and prepares them for a changing world.
Unschooling encourages exploration of activities initiated by the children themselves, believing that the more personal learning is, the more meaningful, well-understood and therefore useful it is to the child. However, critics claim that students are not exposed to a broad enough range of subjects to make it in the world - we'll ask Tarot. Bring you cards and read along.
Join Judy Dudich and guest, author and homeschooling mom, Suzie Andres (A Little Way of Homeschooling) as they explain the ideas and lifestyles of "unschooling". Known as a world within the world of homeschooling, unschooling often raises eyebrows and brings lots of lively (and controversial) discussions to the table!
What IS unschooling and is it for YOU?
Tune in and find out!
Enjoy the CHAT room, while the show is on the air. Simply scroll down the show page and the chat box will open/load for you!
Now's your chance to "get the details" on the fascinating world of and "unschooled" learning method!
1. Introducing our guest, Sylvie McCracken [5:17]
2. About the Hollywood Homestead [9:03]
3. Talking about unschooling [11:27]
4. Managing work/life balance [19:58]
5. Entrepreneurship [25:35]
6. Keeping the kids on the good food path [30:47]
7. Making the transition and being ok with not doing everything at once [38:17]
8. Gelatin as a superfood [45:14]
9. The importance of nutrition in early childhood playing a role in health [55:36]
10. Final words of wisdom from Sylvie [58:01]
Mama Afiya of Aya Ed and Queen Taese of Liberated Minds Black Homeschool and Educaiton Expo are our special invited guests for this important townhall discussion
Tonight my guest is Dayna Martin. Dayna Martin has been at the forefront of the unschooling movement for the past decade. Author of, Radical Unschooling: A Revolution Has Begun, she’s been featured on Dr. Phil, CNN, Nightline, and Fox News several times. She was even used as an informational resource for Unschooling stories on the Discovery Channel, The Today Show and Our America on the OWN Network. She travels the world as the UnNanny, and is a featured speaker at the major unschooling conferences worldwide.
Find out just what unschooling is, how it works and WHY you might want to do it yourself
Meet Michelle Barone. Are you curious about unschooling or want to give your current unschooling commitment a boost? Want to hear some juicy information from established leaders in the unschooling field?
Michelle, a counselor and energy psychologist and expert in Neuro Emotional Technique and Home or Unschooling, will share her wisdom on how we can better serve children – our future.
What kind of Crazy title is that for a radio show? Well, on the show tonight I will be talking with Dayna Martin, unschooling mom, doula, and author of SEXY BIRTH. So of course we will be discussing all things unschooling and when you get two doulas together, you know we are going to talk about birth, new book or not.
Dayna Martin has been at the forefront of the unschooling movement for the past decade. Author of, Radical Unschooling: A Revolution Has Begun, she’s been featured on Dr. Phil, CNN, Nightline, and Fox News several times. She was even used as an informational resource for Unschooling stories on the Discovery Channel, The Today Show and Our America on the OWN Network. She travels the world as the UnNanny, and is a featured speaker at the major unschooling conferences worldwide.
As an unschooling parent, author, and advocate, Dayna has been featured and interviewed in hundreds of local, regional, and international television and radio pieces about Radical Unschooling over the last several years. She and her husband Joe appeared as the featured guests on Dr. Phil Show in November 2006 introducing Radical Unschooling to the world.
Join us on the show by calling in or join the live chat or tweet us your questions! (#progparentradio)
Join us on Wednesday August 20th, 2014 at 11:00 AM Mountain Time as we introduce three new co-hosts to the Parenting Sessions radio show! It’s worth saying that you don’t need to be a parent or to have birthed a child to be part of our growing collective consciousness. It's tremendously exciting to mention that two of our new co-hosts, Patti Severance and Heather Teach, are teachers rather than parents. Our third new co-host, Lulu Castillo, is a seasoned mother of three. All of these individuals have long-standing experience working with kids and lots of New Energy wisdom to share. We welcome these honored individuals to the show with open arms and open hearts! We think the show now has a wonderful balance of parents and teachers. There’s a little something for everyone.
As the advent of the school year begins, what better time to hear from Uriel about working with children. Uriel will be sharing a story about one of the world's greatest teachers and how this particular master worked with children. This powerful message is something not often talked about, if ever before, until now. Uriel will share some of the most fundamental lessons this master wished to impart. Following the message, we will be offering a round table discussion with our five co-hosts to bring these insights into practical, real-world application.
Join the "Collective Voice" for guiding our young masters! Call in with your thoughts and questions also. We'd love to hear from you!
For more information about the work we're doing, please visit www.parentingsessions.com, www.lilystruth.com or www.peaceoutproject.com.
Rockin' Mama, Leah Stotlz, joins Sara for a conversation about homeschooling, unschooling, and the art of following what feels better as a parent.
Jayne Latz President and Founder of Corporate Speech Solutions and a licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologist. She is facilitating both individuals and groups in Fortune 500 companies and small businesses with proven strategies to accelerate communication effectiveness
Clark Aldrich author of five books including Unschooling Rules and The Complete Guide to Educational Simulations and Serious Games. Designing Sims is currently in Beta on Amazon. He works for academic, corporate, and military clients on creating serious games and other education strategy
Giora Morein Principal Agile Coach and co-founder of BigVisible Solutions. He specializes in rapidly ramping up new Agile and Scrum teams through practical training coupled with hands-on mentoring and coaching
Dan Walter has designed, administered and created systems for compensation programs for more than 20 years. He is recognized as leading subject matter expert in the area of equity compensation and employee ownership. He provides a new perspective on “best practices” and on devising new and better ways to pay people.He is the President and CEO of Performensation, a company with the focused mission of aligning pay to corporate strategy and culture
Christopher Avery sought-after, international speaker, author, and business advisor on responsible leadership, teamwork, and change for companies like GAP, Wells Fargo, and Ebay. Known for his cutting-edge work to demystify and then develop practical team leadership skills for engineers and other technical professionals, He wrote the popular classic Teamwork Is An Individual Skill for everyone who is fed up with working in bad teams. Fortune magazine called it the only book on teamwork you need to read
First of all My most humble apologies to EVERYONE for the show not broadcasting on Saturday. BlogTalk was kind enough to assist Me with the tech issue this morning. I'm looking forward to listeners and callers next Saturday. Power Peace and Positive Energy folks. I'm in great hopes that the scheduled special guest will return.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (84 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (17 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (15 chatters)
- Super Heru Radio (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- TimBinnall (6 chatters)
- SSRN (6 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (5 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (4 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (4 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- OneXHeart Messages with Robin (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (3 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (3 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (3 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- HME Network (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- DPRPresents (1 chatters)
- 64621 (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Soulistic0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (1 chatters)
- Its About Nothing (0 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (0 chatters)