SORT BY Relevancy
Macro economist Dean Baker and Jay Ackroyd discuss the role public sector unions have played in the labor movement, wage rates, pensions and economic growth and income equality Baker is an American macroeconomist and co-founder of the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
Join me as I talk candidly about the pros and cons to unions and why they've become an easy target for republicans. I also talk about money in politics and whats wrong with all this free *cough cough* speech. I continue with my Walker coverage for president. Join me live as we discuss!
Terry Dunn, President, Positive Management Leadership,Inc, drops by @DriveThruHR to talk about Bad Managers Vs. Unions
DriveThruHR was designed to be a captivating and easy-to-digest lunch discourse that covers topics relevant to HR professionals. Each 30-minute episode features a guest speaker who shares her or his knowledge and experience in human resources. Our hosts and special guest cover a wealth of topics, including HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR, every day at 12:00 pm Central Time. The radio program is hosted by @williamtincup @thehrbuddy @Theonecrystal & @MikeVandervortThe #1 HR show, with amazing HR conversations and follow us on the twitters at @drivethruhr and #dthr.
On this week's program, we will take a look at how our nation's railroad's are viewed by the media, legislators and the unions. With the recent tragic crash outside Philadelphia, PA and reports that followed, we will talk with some people that deal with those areas, and how they interpret what is happening and what should be happening.
Banks vs Credit unions discusses the differences in the financial institutions processes of savings and financial collaspe.
Matt Frendewey is the National Communications Director for The American Federation for Children. Led by the NEA and AFT, the national teachers' unions boasted of spending $80 million in this election to defeat candidates who support vouchers, teacher accountability and other promising education reforms. They lost. And they lost big.
The number one target for school choice opponents was Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, an unapologetic supporter of vouchers for kids in the struggling under-performing schools. The unions spent millions to defeat Walker – three times – and they lost all three times.
The American Federation for Children and the Alliance for School Choice seek to improve our nation’s K-12 education by advancing systemic and sustainable public policy that empowers parents, particularly those in low-income families, to choose the education they determine is best for their children.
National Review: Since Politics Nation debuted on MSNBC on August 29, 2011, Al Sharpton’s nonprofit National Action Network has collected more than $2.38 million in contributions from unions, according to Department of Labor records. Meanwhile, Sharpton has often used his show to promote pro-labor viewpoints, also inviting union leadership on as guests.
Sharpton has swapped donations to National Action Network for air time before, though it’s unclear whether such arrangements apply to his MSNBC show. Sharpton has swapped donations to National Action Network for air time before, though it’s unclear whether such arrangements apply to his MSNBC show.
Dave Bego is a CEO and author of The Devil at Our Doorstep.
Tags: Dave Bego, Devil at Our Doorstep, Sharpton, MSNBC, union, labor, National Action Network
"Just as mass incarceration has burdened American Taxpayers in major prison states, so is the use of inmate labor contributing to lost jobs, unemployment and decreased wages among woorkers - while corporate profits soar," says Alex Friedmann, associate editor of Prison Legal News. (article taken from thenation.com, Mike Elk and Bob Sloan) Here is yet more activity from ALEC and the Billionaire Koch Brothers
Last week I went to a function at the Harris County Democratic Party. A young speaker at the event spent about half a hour talking about the United Steelworkers Union strike against 11 refineries including Royal Dutch Shell and LyondellBasell in the Houston Area.
I read a lot of news. Why is this news not widely out there. At a time when we are constantly talking about income inequality and wealth disparity one would think it would be covered. At a time when labor unions are in decline, how is it not news?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Blog of the week
Please help us build our new Politics Done Right page by LIKEing it now
"Just as mass incarceration has burdened American Taxpayers in major prison states, so is the use of inmate labor contributing to lost jobs, unemployment and decreased wages among woorkers - while corporate profits soar," says Alex Friedmann, associate editor of Prison Legal News. ( article taken from thenation.com, Mike Elk and Bob Sloan) Here is yet more activity from ALEC and the Billionaire Koch Brothers.
Learn if banks are safer than credit unions and savings and loan associations to store your money during these current unpredictable economic times.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (56 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (54 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (40 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Ancestor Healing Chronicles (13 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (13 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (11 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (8 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (6 chatters)
- The Dump and Chase Podcast (5 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (5 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (3 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (3 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (2 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (2 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The Larry Stevenson Show (1 chatters)
- Triple Dark (1 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)