SORT BY Relevancy
It is time Americans take down the GOP veil of deceit and work once again to strengthen American Unions. Unions are responsible for everything good about working class Americans way of life. GOP lobbyist are responsible for everything that has contributed to the crushing of American unions. The top 1% of Americans own 42 percent of the USA. Without unions being in American history, think about what America would look like today. Our soldiers are on food stamps all across America. A lady dies in Florida because of lack of finances to purchase life saving drugs. A lady dies in New Jersey, while sleeping in her vehicle, getting rested up so she could work a second shift on her full time job. Unions are representative of workers. The union is a collective body that speaks and negotiates the wishes of workers to CEOs and politicians. Lobbyist are a collective body that speaks and negotiates the wishes of CEOs to politicians.
Without unions would USA have:
Ended child labor
40 hour work week and paid overtime
Worker's comp benefits for workers injured on the job
Unemployment insurance for workers who lose their jobs
A guaranteed minimum wage for workers
Pensions for workers
Healthcare insurance for workers
Paid sick leave, vacations, and holidays as standard benefits for most workers
the right for public sector workers to collectively bargain
Occupational Safety and Health Act
Family Medical Leave Act
Lobbyist are there for American Legislative Exchange Council, who are a body of corporations, headed up by CEOs whose goal is to develop wealth through massive unemployment of the American worker. This happens because of the GOP. GOP protects CEOs with laws to outsource US jobs, and bring in Foreign workers to do jobs, claiming Americans won't do the jobs, or can't do the jobs. Call this crap!
Religious Freedom, Unions, [that thing blogtalk wont let me write]ography
Keith Leggett of the American Bankers Association joins the show to talk about credit unions' outdated tax exemption and if any changes are coming from Washington that affect CUs. Brien O'Connor of the Texas Bankers Insurance Agency answers the question of the week about bank insurance policies for corporate account takeovers.
Let's talk about The possibility of college athletes being ble to form a union. This is in my opinion the begining of the end of college athletics as we know it. The unions are trying to infect young people. Unions want to be sen as the hero in every situation and at every level.
Racist! Prejudice! Loud and rowdy unions! Sexism! Election season brings out the not so good, bad and ugly.
Join me this morning as we discuss these old tools of politics.
Jump "In the Pickle Barrel" with me 7AM-8:30AM EST
If you don't want the truth.....go watch TV.
On this episode Thomas Holmes and Pamela Holmes-Morton discuss the decline of unions. Pam is the Secretary of a large union in Northern California.Earlier this year reporters stated that the share of America’s workforce that’s unionized hit a 97-year low. A mere 11.3% of workers now belong to a union, and a great chunk of those are in the shrinking public sector. In the private sector, unionization fell to an abysmal 6.6%, down from a peak of 35% during the 1950s.
Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/29/viewpoint-why-the-decline-of-unions-is-your-problem-too/#ixzz2QaqZtjrD
Bev Ehlen is the State Director for Concerned Women for America of Missouri. She lived in the St. Louis County most of her life, but moved to Warren County in 1999. Bev and her husband, Clif, have two sons, two daughters-in-law and four grandchildren, so far. Bev left her real estate career in 1990 to homeschool their sons. After learning about current issues and the Christian foundation of our country, Bev joined Concerned Women for America (CWA) in 1991 and became a prayer/action chapter leader shortly thereafter. After meeting and working with state legislators through those first years, she developed an interest in the activities at the State Capitol and became the Legislative Liaison for CWA of Missouri in 2000. Bev became State Director for CWA of MO in January 2007 but continues her work with the Missouri General Assembly.
When President Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters. But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law -- problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members. The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem. "It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."
Join me "In the Pickle Barrel" as we tke a look at the fickled world of labor on this special day we call Labor Day. It has been a year made up of the good, the bad and the ugly as the US tries to come to terms with a fluctuating economy.
Politics has certainly played a big role in our condition. Unending issues across the oceans have added to the crazy economic times. It has indeed been a strange year.
Join me at our new time 8AM-10AM (Monday-Friday).
Special Message: In just a few days you will also be able to join me "In the Pickle Barrel" on the new FreedomReigns Network (more info to follow).
Use itunes? You are in luck! Yep, also in itunes.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (151 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (74 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (29 chatters)
- Annahilation (27 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (20 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- MABIM (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- The 720 Show (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (7 chatters)
- The Sorceress Cagliastro (7 chatters)
- Truf Bros (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (5 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (5 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- Woman 2 Woman1 (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- DJ NIA BOOM (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Lady Faatimah (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Live with TLGriffin (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Patriot Voices of Social Media (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- Table Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)