SORT BY Relevancy
Religious Freedom, Unions, [that thing blogtalk wont let me write]ography
Keith Leggett of the American Bankers Association joins the show to talk about credit unions' outdated tax exemption and if any changes are coming from Washington that affect CUs. Brien O'Connor of the Texas Bankers Insurance Agency answers the question of the week about bank insurance policies for corporate account takeovers.
Let's talk about The possibility of college athletes being ble to form a union. This is in my opinion the begining of the end of college athletics as we know it. The unions are trying to infect young people. Unions want to be sen as the hero in every situation and at every level.
Racist! Prejudice! Loud and rowdy unions! Sexism! Election season brings out the not so good, bad and ugly.
Join me this morning as we discuss these old tools of politics.
Jump "In the Pickle Barrel" with me 7AM-8:30AM EST
If you don't want the truth.....go watch TV.
On this episode Thomas Holmes and Pamela Holmes-Morton discuss the decline of unions. Pam is the Secretary of a large union in Northern California.Earlier this year reporters stated that the share of America’s workforce that’s unionized hit a 97-year low. A mere 11.3% of workers now belong to a union, and a great chunk of those are in the shrinking public sector. In the private sector, unionization fell to an abysmal 6.6%, down from a peak of 35% during the 1950s.
Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/29/viewpoint-why-the-decline-of-unions-is-your-problem-too/#ixzz2QaqZtjrD
Bev Ehlen is the State Director for Concerned Women for America of Missouri. She lived in the St. Louis County most of her life, but moved to Warren County in 1999. Bev and her husband, Clif, have two sons, two daughters-in-law and four grandchildren, so far. Bev left her real estate career in 1990 to homeschool their sons. After learning about current issues and the Christian foundation of our country, Bev joined Concerned Women for America (CWA) in 1991 and became a prayer/action chapter leader shortly thereafter. After meeting and working with state legislators through those first years, she developed an interest in the activities at the State Capitol and became the Legislative Liaison for CWA of Missouri in 2000. Bev became State Director for CWA of MO in January 2007 but continues her work with the Missouri General Assembly.
When President Obama pushed his health care overhaul plan through Congress, he counted labor unions among his strongest supporters. But some unions leaders have grown frustrated and angry about what they say are unexpected consequences of the new law -- problems that they say could jeopardize the health benefits offered to millions of their members. The issue could create a political headache next year for Democrats facing re-election if disgruntled union members believe the Obama administration and Congress aren't working to fix the problem. "It makes an untruth out of what the president said, that if you like your insurance, you could keep it," said Joe Hansen, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union. "That is not going to be true for millions of workers now."
Vice President Joe Biden spoke to members of the United Auto Worker Union, addressing what he called a "war on labor." The issue is relevant to Chattanooga because UAW officials are in the middle of an organizing effort at the Volkswagen plant. Biden also said that right-wing business interests are trying to dismantle labor unions, which is related to growing income inequality in the United States, according to The Huffington Post."This is a concerted, full-throated, well-organized, well-financed, well-thought-out, long-term effort waging a war on labor's house," Biden told The Huffington Post.He also said that President Barack Obama's administration would fight for collective bargaining before the Supreme Court.Look at Harris v. Quinn, the case before the Supreme Court. There’s a hell of a lot at stake. The president and I, through the solicitor general, came in on the side of the unions on the oral arguments and finally had an amicus brief, because we know that collective bargaining is the bedrock of our economy.NOOGA.com
I did NO TRUTH, NO JUSTICE before I decided to call my efforts at changing mindsets a Civil Rebellion. In this show My goal is discussing the importance of Unions in balancing the powers of industry and government, but also pointing out the Responsibilities of union leadership AND the members at realizing and doing something about their misuse and abuse of THEIR powers.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (27 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (19 chatters)
- BeverlyD (9 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (7 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (7 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (5 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (4 chatters)
- 63489 (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (2 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (2 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- Broderic Adams (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- Bare It All (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (1 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (0 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (0 chatters)