SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode of Field Afrikan Radio we will discuss some of the stereotypes that most of us have heard but from a different perspective. Example; We've all heard the stereotype that Black males who interracially date tend to find unattractive European females as mates while the White males who date Black females tend to find the pretty ones as mates. There's a psychology in this stereotype/scenario that I've never heard posed before that we will share. We will also use stats to "myth bust" some of the stereotypes that many of us believe to be the gospel.
We will also decode Black reality shows. There's a connection that goes all the way back to the 70's. We have a theory that many of you will find informative.
We will examine the White family structure. What's the difference between the White family structure and the Black family structure? The media shines a light directly on the Black family structure while ignoring the European family. We will examine and discuss exactly what Europeans don't want us examining about their families.
We will build on these things and more. Join us.
in Self Help
"Attractive People VS. Unattractive People…how different are their love lives?" (June 4th 2013 @ 9pm EST, 8pm CST, or 6pm PST)...(Call in to listen live, ask a question or to interject @ (760)259-2345...or listen in live from our website at www.healingheartsradio.com (and then click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” under the show topic).
In the MYTH WARRIORS™ series we are targeting ideas to begin to assess whether they are credible or not (i.e., they are a myth, fallacy or even a lie). The target for this episode is,
“Attractive people make more money than unattractive people!”
- “Why do you think beautiful people earn more? Hamermesh: People may more attention to them, listen to them better.” (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-your-looks-affect-your-salary/)
- “People who were rated as good-looking made more money, were better educated, and were more confident. But a person’s intelligence affected their income more than their looks did. […T]he effects of self-concept are particularly noteworthy. Its effects on income are stronger than those of attractiveness and nearly as strong as those of intelligence (http://www.webmd.com/beauty/20090520/want-a-higher-salary-get-brains-beauty)
- “Attractive people earn about 5 percent more in hourly pay than their average-looking colleagues, who in turn earn 9 percent more per hour than the plainest-looking workers. […] Researchers Markus Mobius and Tanya Rosenblat found that confidence makes up 20 percent of perceived attractiveness.” (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/28/cb.pretty/)
- ““Women feel that beauty is inherently important,” says Daniel Hamermesh, a University of Texas at Austin labor economist and the study’s lead author. “They just feel bad if they’re ugly.” […] Hamermesh is the acknowledged father of pulchronomics, or the economic study of beauty.” (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-much-is-being-attractive-worth-80414787/#hYuHTU1Mki869HWF.99)
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ? Thích Nh?t H?nh
in Self Help
Loneliness is not something that affects only the poor, unpopular, or unattractive. Men women, and children from every ethnic, social, or culrutal background may both feel lonely. Whether you are educated, successful, married or single, you may have moments when you experience unhappiness as a result of being without the companionship of others. Being alone is a situation. However, feeling alone is an emotion that anyone may experience.
Do you ever feel alone? Are you aware of what actually causes you to feel lonely? Where does the feeling of loneliness and (perhaps accompanied by) depression come from? Join us for a lively discussion on loneliness.
Matthew 9: 10-12
Spirtural climate reflects the overall mood of the economy and the growth of church
Mt 9:10 And it happened that as He was reclining [at the table] in the house, behold many tax-gatherers and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.
Mt 9:11 And when the Pharisees saw [this,] they said to His disciples, "Why is your Teacher eating with the tax-gatherers and sinners?"
Mt 9:12 But when He heard this, He said, "[It is] not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.
There are two main climates I want to preach on today, the first is that we have an atmosphere in our church that is conducive for a move of the Spirit of God, and the second is that we have an atmosphere in our church and our personal lives that is attractive to the lost.
The church have to be attractive and appealing to the world
Revelation 3:15-17King James Version (KJV)
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
In conclusion the church need to fix up when it comes to winning souls for the kingdom of God
Just like a man don't like a unattractive woman or a woman don't like an un attractive man this is how the world view the church
This week you will find out how eliminating wheat from our diets can prevent fat storage, shrink unsightly bulges, and reverse myriad health problems. Every day, over 200 million Americans consume food products made of wheat. As a result, over 100 million of them experience some form of adverse health effect, ranging from minor rashes and high blood sugar to the unattractive stomach bulges that preventive cardiologist William Davis calls “wheat bellies.” According to my guest this week, Dr. Davis, excess fat has nothing to do with gluttony, sloth, or too much butter: It’s due to the whole grain wraps we eat for lunch. After witnessing over 2,000 patients regain their health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic—and its elimination is key to dramatic weight loss and optimal health. Tune in to find out how you can transform your life without wheat.
William Davis, MD, is a preventive cardiologist whose unique approach to diet allows him to advocate reversal, not just prevention, of heart disease. He is the founder of the Track Your Plaque program. He lives and practice cardiology in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Welcome, welcome, welcome everyone to The ChickS.H.Y.T. & Real Talk Radio Show, where these chicks'll Surely Have You Talkin...
Have you ever met someone that was just gorgeous to look at, but once they open their mouths nothing but nastiness spews out? What about the reverse, where the person isn't the best to look at but their personality is just the best?
If you are anything like me, the person with the nasty attitude started to look unattractive to me, while the person with the wonderful personality seemed to turn into a hunk right before my eyes. The reason is simple...their outsides started to mirror what was on the inside. That inner ugly has overshadowed that outward beauty!
So if you find yourself miserable and can't quite figure out why...could be that what's on the inside needs to change. Let The Divas help you out with just how to do that.
Tune in and join the conversation (347) 857-4326, press 1 to talk to The Divas!
Love, Laughter and a Life filled with Books! The Romance Bookmark is about making sure that a life dominated by a love of books is never anything to be embarrassed about...and the ultimate quest for more room on our TBR shelves! Tonight we welcome Scottish Historical Romance author, Madeline Martin, into our giddy corner to to take a peek at DECEPTION OF A HIGHLANDER and see if she can tell me why wool in my closet is an itchy, unattractive thing but the minute it's in a novel where someone is wearing a kilt--I can't see a thing wrong with that fabric! www.madelinemartin.com
Struggling with body image is not limited to an overweight society. It can be ANYBODY who feels they are different, unattractive or just not comfortable with the skin they wear. Join hosts Laurie Towers and Elite Ziegelman as they discuss poor body image and the "No Body Shame" movement that is gaining momentum all across the country.
Summary of the March 6, 2015 Creation Energies show - Brenda's 15-minute channeled show at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/brenda-hoffman: Most likely, you've experienced physical, emotional or spiritual indicators the past few days that you're wrong; that this transition is a hoax. Such is merely you clearing the brambles from your unique path - the path you might have created eons ago. Once you begin noting or using your new skills, your 3D being will probably become as foggy as dimension hopping, time travel, etc were before this huge energy burst.
Do I Go or Do I Stay? is the title of this week's Brenda's Blog - her weekly channeled blog for www.LifeTapestryCreations.com
Overview of the March 14, 2015 Creation Energies show: As was true the past few days, the next few days are about learning there is no Santa Claus - that you create your reality, that you can trust very few. In this phase, you're destroying buildings now on the property on which you wish to build. Your property doesn't appear that attractive with former structures laying about in bits and pieces. So it is that you're uncovering secrets about your 3D institutions that make your life, your world appear untrustworthy and unattractive. Such is so because you'll soon clear the rubble to build structures that are right for you and your community of love and choice.
Brenda's Blog and her Creation Energies show contain different channeled information.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (17 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (14 chatters)
- KAS1 (10 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (8 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Naked Departure Talk Show (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- HadIt Veteran To Veteran (3 chatters)
- Joseph Gibson (3 chatters)
- PROPHETenergyreaderBrenda (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (2 chatters)
- Father Teresa (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Intro to Info (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Nu Power Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- The Wealth-Stream AdViZor (1 chatters)
- VinnyHardy (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)