SORT BY Relevancy
In the MYTH WARRIORS™ series we are targeting ideas to begin to assess whether they are credible or not (i.e., they are a myth, fallacy or even a lie). The target for this episode is,
“Attractive people make more money than unattractive people!”
- “Why do you think beautiful people earn more? Hamermesh: People may more attention to them, listen to them better.” (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-your-looks-affect-your-salary/)
- “People who were rated as good-looking made more money, were better educated, and were more confident. But a person’s intelligence affected their income more than their looks did. […T]he effects of self-concept are particularly noteworthy. Its effects on income are stronger than those of attractiveness and nearly as strong as those of intelligence (http://www.webmd.com/beauty/20090520/want-a-higher-salary-get-brains-beauty)
- “Attractive people earn about 5 percent more in hourly pay than their average-looking colleagues, who in turn earn 9 percent more per hour than the plainest-looking workers. […] Researchers Markus Mobius and Tanya Rosenblat found that confidence makes up 20 percent of perceived attractiveness.” (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/28/cb.pretty/)
- ““Women feel that beauty is inherently important,” says Daniel Hamermesh, a University of Texas at Austin labor economist and the study’s lead author. “They just feel bad if they’re ugly.” […] Hamermesh is the acknowledged father of pulchronomics, or the economic study of beauty.” (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-much-is-being-attractive-worth-80414787/#hYuHTU1Mki869HWF.99)
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ? Thích Nh?t H?nh
in Self Help
"Attractive People VS. Unattractive People…how different are their love lives?" (June 4th 2013 @ 9pm EST, 8pm CST, or 6pm PST)...(Call in to listen live, ask a question or to interject @ (760)259-2345...or listen in live from our website at www.healingheartsradio.com (and then click on “LISTEN LIVE NOW” under the show topic).
Struggling with body image is not limited to an overweight society. It can be ANYBODY who feels they are different, unattractive or just not comfortable with the skin they wear. Join hosts Laurie Towers and Elite Ziegelman as they discuss poor body image and the "No Body Shame" movement that is gaining momentum all across the country.
Summary of the March 6, 2015 Creation Energies show - Brenda's 15-minute channeled show at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/brenda-hoffman: Most likely, you've experienced physical, emotional or spiritual indicators the past few days that you're wrong; that this transition is a hoax. Such is merely you clearing the brambles from your unique path - the path you might have created eons ago. Once you begin noting or using your new skills, your 3D being will probably become as foggy as dimension hopping, time travel, etc were before this huge energy burst.
Do I Go or Do I Stay? is the title of this week's Brenda's Blog - her weekly channeled blog for www.LifeTapestryCreations.com
Overview of the March 14, 2015 Creation Energies show: As was true the past few days, the next few days are about learning there is no Santa Claus - that you create your reality, that you can trust very few. In this phase, you're destroying buildings now on the property on which you wish to build. Your property doesn't appear that attractive with former structures laying about in bits and pieces. So it is that you're uncovering secrets about your 3D institutions that make your life, your world appear untrustworthy and unattractive. Such is so because you'll soon clear the rubble to build structures that are right for you and your community of love and choice.
Brenda's Blog and her Creation Energies show contain different channeled information.
as eye was meditating on a topic 4 todays show...several very different but similar topics seem to keep surfacing...no matter where eye went… the subjects seem to bee related to our obsession, with the importance...of ...physical appearance..
b. dark vs light
b. attractive vs unattractive
b. good vs bad hair
how do we see/get beyond the physical/repatterning
( Valentines day episode)
Dating & Relationships:
a. Women getting advice about men from women with no man and how much should you discuss with your mom, girlfriends, etc.?
b. What men/women want in their mates
c. Some laws/rules of dating single mothers
d. Dating desaters
We also will be discussing:Top 10 things that make you unattractive (make it funny)
Question of the Week:
Where’s the line between your standard is to high and you compromising?
This show is about when you are involved in a relationship with someone that you have lost your sexual attraction to. Sounds extreme but it definitely happens often with people that are supposed to love each other. Interestingly enough is that it may not be the situation where a person might not love someone but rather they may be so angry at them that the very thought of them may just fill their hearts with disgust and ruin their libido.
Often this happens when a person has been cheated on by someone. Many people have said that picturing the one that they love having sex with someone else makes them feel physically ill. It certainly doesn't make them wanna feel like doing it.
Sometimes the reason is physical. sadly some people gain or lose weight and become unattractive to their boyfriend or girlfriend. This probably happens more with men than with women but it happens nonetheless. Yes it may be shallow but it does exist and it is something that has to be dealt with.
Have you ever lost your physical attraction to someone that used to really turn you on? How did you fix it or was it fixable?
If you can't get hard or wet for someone during sex, is it always physical? Is it always mental?
Can counseling help?
Can anything help?
Would this kill a relationship? A marriage? Would it make someone cheat
Did you miss The Noir Unicorn in the Room | Battle of the Sexes: "I don't date Black Women" ?
Get into The Mix on Noir Unicorn Radio as the co-host of the event, Ben " @bigteflon " Walton & I do a recap of the event and talk about how we REALLY feel about the responses!
In the year 2014, we as Black People have made social progress by uniting together to protest against racial injustice, but even in the midst of Black unity, there is a major lack of support from Black Men towards Black Women. When numerous articles are deeming Black Women as the most "unattractive race" and faced with different forms of prejudice daily by other races, we look to the men of our own race for solidarity and validation. Not only are Black Women told that we are "un-dateable" by the men that resemble our fathers and brothers, but it is done with a proud smile on their faces.
It is only necessary that we address the trending statement, "I don't date Black Women."
Every Friday night you can find us getting down and dirty and tapping into our "Bad Girl" and "Bad Boy" sides. We will discuss several topics and take calls from the listeners. Sometimes our topics are not for the faint at heart. You can leave inhabtions at the door. This not for the prude in you.. So sit back relax and lets get into a little trouble together.
Tonight on the show we will discuss the ups and downs of online daing websittes; what makes a person unattractive, and how long should it take to get over someone. Somewhere in there will be some sex. Heck when adults do adult things there is always sex...
Jared sits with Brendan Eyre (@BrendanCEyre) to talk about girls with lots of guy friends, explaining to your buddy that you hooked up with his ex, and prom draft strategies.
Follow @Jtrain56, @BrendanCEyre @ManSamp and @standupnylabs.
Use promo code TFM at StandUpNY.com for FREE tickets to Stand Up NY.
Listen to all our other great podcasts at StandUpNYLabs.com!
On this weeks episode we will be busting the myths on needs and supporting you in living a glorious life with or without the other person. We are diving into getting your unmet needs met, so that they no longer drive your life. Join us by calling 818-572-4953 and pressing the number 1 to be live in the conversation. We want to hear from you!
Myth 1: It's bad, weak or unattractive to have needs.... join us for more!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (76 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (17 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (13 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (9 chatters)
- Donny C (8 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (4 chatters)
- The DG Show (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- Authors Supporting Authors (3 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (3 chatters)
- African On The Move (3 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Prophetic Hour (2 chatters)
- So-Called Fantasy Experts (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- GLOW 365 (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Lez Elegance Radio (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (0 chatters)