SORT BY Relevancy
#3 of 20+ podcasts comprising Welcome to the Fifth Estate.
This week saw one of the biggest promotions ever for Twitter. #999 was cross promoted by at least a dozen groups. Twestivals being held throughout the world and more and more people coming to together to talk about Twitter and much much more. We'll give you some reports on the causes, people and issues covered, news about big evens and how you can leverage them to grow your own network while helping others. Guests from events, news you can use and more
This week it's a deep discussion on doing social good with social media. There has been much talk, and indeed much action, amidst the digital denizens when it comes to charitable exercises. Twestival - an event orchestrated wholly online using Twitter - has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, both for global efforts and local efforts. This, however, goes beyond that. As leaders and top participants in all of these social media platforms and technologies, there still exists a problem -- we are not the majority. In spite of increasing numbers, the majority of people on this planet still do not use social media to the extent that some do - and that's just talking about regular use. When it comes to doing social good, and by that I'm talking about more than just raising money for charity, there needs to be a distinct effort by those deeply steeped in the stuff, acting as responsible stewards of that which we promote, and find ways to engage and mobilize a better society.
On this week's show, Cathy will be joined by JR Johnson, CEO of Lunch 2.0; Myles Weissleder of SF NewTech and Chris Heuer of Ad Hocnium to talk about one effort in which they are engaged to do just this.
Join us ... and learn how YOU can make a difference.
Guests this week to include: Craig Newmark of CraigsList, talking about the Aspen Institute conference on Journalism; Amanda Rose to discussion social impact of social media and where Twestival goes next; and Katrina Heppler on the way social media and mobile are impacting countries in Africa.
@thekencook @jasoncrouch @mikemueller and @myrtlebeachblog share tips, tricks and tools for using social media. Learn more about local and hyperlocal marketing and how to maximize your online networking.
Today we are joined by Tara Hunt (@missrogue), author of "The Whuffie Factor". We will discuss how to increase your whuffie online and in real life. Whether or not you already know what "whuffie" is, this promises to be a spectacular learning experience.
We will also have a call from Rebecca Bollwit (@miss604) to discuss her recent blogathon and upcoming Twestival!
Don't miss this one!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (113 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (44 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (29 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (20 chatters)
- Prophetico (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (16 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (10 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (9 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (7 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (7 chatters)
- OPWR (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Portal (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- Quagmire America (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisMedia (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Come And Pour The T With Me (1 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (1 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)