SORT BY Relevancy
Its all around us whether we want to believe it or not, human trafficking, child exploitation, children sold as sex slaves. What are the signs? Has it been in front of your face the whole time but you have failed to notice it? Is a home in your neighborhood one that houses these victims? What can you do as a concerned citizen? Are people you communicate with on a daily basis indeed pimps or Johns? What are the warning signs? Can you make a difference
Sex traffcking in Atlanta, yes Atlanta is the number 1 city for human sex trafficking. We are a Georgia Non for profit committed to rescue, recovery and education
The average victim of sex trafficking is a female child between the ages of eight and eighteen. Tragically most of those victims will die within seven years of first being trafficked. But is that really a problem for us in America? Alisa Jordheim, founding director of Justice Society, offers a resounding and disturbing, "Yes!"
Sex trafficking is only slightly behind the drug problem in the U.S. and is growing at the rate of $9.5 billion annually. There are 293,000 American children currently at risk of becoming victims of commercial sexual exploitation and 100,000 are exploited through ography or prostitution every year. Children who are the most vulnerable are runaways, homeless, in poverty, have limited education, a history of sexual abuse or have a family member involved in the sex trade. But others are not as easy to identify.
What can you personally do about it?
Join Maxine and Jeannie today as Alisa Jordheim, author Made in the USA the Sex Trafficking of America’s Children Outlines the tragedy and offers solutions for preventing abuse in the children you know and love.
the Intersection of Domestic Violence and Sex Trafficking.
Understand the connection between domestic violence and sex trafficking
Understand the psycho-social impact of sex trafficking on the victims
Understand how victims of sex trafficking are recruited, risk factors they face, and barriers to seeking help
Obtain screening questions to help identify victims of sex-trafficking which can be used across multiple work settings and professional disciplines
Join us this week as we have another great show planned for you. This week we welcome for the first time Dr. Kalyani Gopal. We will discuss "Human Trafficking Awareness" and how things are really getting out of hand. Dr. Gopal will do a great job informing us about this very in humane practice that is getting worse by the days and months. So be sure to tune in to our show this Sunday August 10. We start at 6pm est and our call in number is 619-393-2813. Please tell a friend and relative to tune in.
This week on The Conversation Cafe™ A.Raquel & Mahoghani Dawn will talk with celebrity & entertainment blogger Ray Cornelius, who keeps us "in the know" about the latest in entertainment news. In the second half of the show A.Raquel & Mahoghani Dawn will discuss “Child Sex Trafficking” with members of The Social Justice Ministry of The House of Hope Atlanta (GTRBC).
For more information about Ray Cornelius visit: Website: http://raycornelius.com/ Facebook: facebook.com/Ray-Cornelius Twitter: @75RayCornelius Instagram: instagram.com/raycornelius. For more information about The House of Hope Atlanta (GTRBC) visit: http://www.houseofhopeatl.org/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gtrbc Twitter: https://twitter.com/hohatl
Listen in LIVE and call in to join the dialogue by calling (773) 897-3986. You will be empowered, educated and enlightened. “Remember…“where there’s no dialogue, there’s no conversation!
Sex trafficking has become one of the major social issues of the day here in the U.S. It is not new or even on the rise, but attention as an issue, particularly as a pro-life issue, has in the last 10 years has come into greater prominence. This is a heavy topic we will discuss today on TLFR.
One of our guests today is Laura Farrar from The Covering House in St. Louis. The Covering House is a Christian ministry that specifically aids in helping victims of sex trafficking escape and find refuge away from their traffickers. It is often a ministry fraught with danger, and Laura will help us understand what women and victims need the most in fighting this exploitation and devaluing of women.
Also, the parents of a missing woman named Phoenix Coldon will be our guests today as they discuss the circumstances of her disappearance. Lawrence and Goldia Coldon share with us their suspicions that their daughter, who was in college at the time she disappeared, is a kidnapping victim who is possibly being trafficked presently. They ask the public's help in recovering their daughter and restoring their family. You can find more information on their search on their facebook page, Missing Phoenix Coldon.
Social media plays an important role when it comes to finding children but it also plays an important role in how a child goes missing. Now a days few parents know their childs login to their social media. By using social media we have found that these children will actually plan out how they are going to runaway. Social media is widely used by pimps and pedophiles to lure children into their hands. Smooth talking and fake profiles designed to lure these children is very common. Knowing your childs login and passwords can greatly aide in finding your child if they do decide to runaway. Every parent must remember that when a child decides to runaway they never intend to become a victim of child exploitation or human trafficking. Be aware of your childs activity, monitor that activity and learn the techniques to review your childs social media.
Topics discussed: Child Sex Trafficking, Child Sex Exploitation, Internet Crimes against Children, Missing and Exploited Children, Aggravated Physical Abuse, and Questionable parenting
Could it be true that when it comes to human sex trafficking that people just do not care and want to turn a blind eye to the problem or are these concerned citizaens just scared to face the problem head on. Do people think that as a single person in their community the epidemic is so large that they could not possibly do anything to help fight it. Join me Saturday August 8 at 12:30 p.m. eastern standard time as I dig into why it so often seems that people do not care.
A must hear show! Jaida Im, Founder and Executive Director of the Freedom House is our guest speaker. Freedom House helps provide victims with the care and services they need to rebuild their lives and works closely with law enforcement and community partners to identify survivors of human trafficking. Listen in on today's show on how you can help and be aware of this heinous crime that takes place right our backyards.
in Self Help
Atlanta is the #1 hub for human trafficking. A representative from Youth Spark, a local anti-child trafficking agency in Atlanta, discuss what you need to know about human trafficking and how you can help stop it.
Allison Hood serves as the Program Coordinator for YouthSpark. She works to provides support for the Stop Child Sex Trafficking Program, and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Social Work from Georgia State University.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (127 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (115 chatters)
- Straitway (65 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (64 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (61 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (28 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (18 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (17 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (15 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (15 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (13 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (9 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (9 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (9 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (9 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- Papa Lou (4 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (1 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Janesville Community Radio (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- HME Network (0 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (0 chatters)