SORT BY Relevancy
A lot of folks have been talking about the Triple Crown this past week, and some think that it should be dumbed down to accommodate...to accommodate the "younger generation" who were born after 1978.
Ummm...is the sport going to change everything, to meet the needs of people who aren't necessarily becoming fans? Tonight I'll discuss the logical place to begin the journey toward horse racing fandom. How to turn casual observers and potential fans into lifelong fanatics. Hint: it rhymes with, "source."
Live from Beautiful Belmont Park--it's f!lly Racing Radio.
Monday, June 2--just five days before the 2014 Belmont Stakes--we'll webcast from the gorgeous, ivy-ccovered halls of Belmont Park.
Will California Chrome win the Belmont Stakes, thence--the Triple Crown? If not him--who *will* take home the magnificent Belmont Stakes Trophy?
Tune in on Monday, June 2 at 6:30 New York Time, and let's get wired together.
TwinSpires' Derek Simon analyzes last weekend's big stakes races at Belmont Park, along with Shared Belief's scintillating score in the Los Alamitos Derby.
In the U. of Bet/handicapping/racing history segment he discusses "Picking Winners with Systology," as well as the "Racing Maxims and Methods of 'Pittsburg Phil.'"
Facebook drives me nuts: it's the moist, hot petri dish in which grows all sorts of hysteria. I've never witnessed so many weeping, whining, hysterical people as on FB--have you? How much does social media feed a story, and make it bigger than it should be?
Case in point: All the hysterical people on Facebook now can concentrate on bigger issues than whether a horse wears a nasal strip on June 7th. I suspect that the Chromies--as I'm designating those who are rabid to see a Triple Crown achieved, OR who believe that California Chrome is destined to do it--somehow EXPECT that, since he's got the chance, he WILL win.
But it's called a "horse race," folks. No sure things here. Can he do the distance? On Big Sandy? Might those other horses have some talent, as well? We'll talk about a lot tonight, so I hope you tune into f!llly Racing Radio. :)
What a weekend!
Chrome got hurt.
Coburn spewed stupidity.
Coburn refused to apologize.
And the beat goes on...
Tune in tonight--June 9, 2014--or check out the archives after the show. You KNOW that I have something to say in my own adorable, snarky way, about the the events of this past week.
In the News & Notes segment, host Derek Simon and Ed DeRosa of Brisnet.com take an early look at the Eclipse Awards. Then, in a special Racing History segment, Derek discusses the 1968 Kentucky Derby and the controversial disqualification of Dancer’s Image.
Lastly, in the Handicapping segment, Derek and Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Dave Schwartz chat about figures that lie and liars that figure — or something like that.
In the News & Notes segment, host Derek Simon discusses "How genetics can create the next superstar racehorse" and relates it to handicapping.
In the U. of Bet segment, Dave “The Horse Handicapping Authority” Schwartz and Derek break down class — can it be quantified and how?
In July of 2013, NYRA (the New York Racing Association) sponsored f!lly Racing Radio--and thereby, made herstory. Women love horses--and horse racing. NYRA, in its wisdom, acknowledge this natural connection and sponsored f!lly Racing Radio. The first incarnation of f!lly Racing Radio took place during the Saratoga race meet in 2013--but it seemed a shame that the show didn't continue after Saratoga Race Course closed for the season.
Of course, we hope that NYRA will renew this relationship in 2014, but in the meantime--we're continuing the show here on Blog Talk Radio. Tune in every Monday from 2 - 2:30PM Eastern Time, USA--or check out the podcast archives every week. We'll talk about women and horse racing--fans, professionals, hopefuls. We'll discuss f!llies, mares and pensioned mares. We'll raise a ruckus--storm the fortress of the Old Boys' Club and, hopefully, help females find their (our) rightful place in this beautiful, frustrating, magnificent sport.
Chris “The Dark Horse” Sorenson subs for Ed “The Absent” DeRosa and in the News & Notes segment and chats with host Derek Simon about the Triple Crown run, “fixing” horse racing and other fun stuff.
In the U. of Bet/Handicapping segment, race caller Jonathan Horowitz of Arapahoe Park stops by to discuss life as a track announcer, Arabian racing and the growth of the Sport of Kings in Colorado.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (59 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (22 chatters)
- in5d (21 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (19 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Conservative Report (14 chatters)
- The Portal (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Straitway (9 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (9 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- BITEradio me (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (6 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (4 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (4 chatters)
- Table of Truth (4 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (3 chatters)
- Rifleman (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (3 chatters)
- Autistic People (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- Nature Has All The Answers (2 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Da Puter Shack Karaoke Radio (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (1 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- RadicalFaithMin (1 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (1 chatters)
- The Janet Love Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Undead Randy (1 chatters)
- VERSATILERADIO (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (0 chatters)
- thedean (0 chatters)