SORT BY Relevancy
We stopped In Tombstone Arizona on the way back from Los Cruces New Mexico. My wife and I had both finished reading a couple of books about Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, and the OK Corral.
So we decided to make the detour and go see it
First the Bad News, while the parking is free, any attraction you might want to see charges admission
The Ghost town part of town reminded me to much “Knott’s Berry Farm” and or Calico. I would have preferred a deserted set of buildings and a walking tour
Again I sort of figured it was a tourist place so was not expecting too much
The road in / out of town is heavily patrolled so watch your speed
The Good News
We ate at “Big Nose Kate’s Saloon” the food was quite good , the service was great , the entertainment was pretty good, and was a neat place to eat and let one’s imagination take over and be there with Doc Holiday, and the others.
My wife and split a brisket Sandwich and a bowl of chili and each had a “Doc Holiday “to drink (Mr. Pub) but hey indulge me
They had a gentleman doing some street dancing for tips that while not western was rather interesting to watch
A lot of the residents are dressed in period clothing which gives the place that western look.
My wife bought some earrings at a Native American store as souvenirs.
Tombstone is a neat place to stop and visit , check off the bucket list, eat at “Big Nose Kate’s Saloon” and enjoy a couple of hours to break up that LONG I -10 drive BUT I do not foresee it has my favorite destination site yet
Wyatt Earp, The Clanton Brothers, Doc Holiday, The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, Tombstone, Arizona and the U.S. Marshals Service are woven into the mythology of the American Wild West. Wednesday, June 11, 3 pm ET, The Halli Casser-Jayne Show is taking a look inside America’s most storied law enforcement agency with a descendent of Marshall Wyatt Earp, Mike Earp. And we’ll be traveling to Tombstone, Arizona, site of the famous Gunfight at the O.K. Corral to talk with some of the current residents of Tombstone talking to men who are keeping the legends of the wild, wild west alive, including Terry “Ike” Clanton, descendant of the Clantons, Kenn Barrett, the former City Marshal and Chief of Police, and Stephen Keith, known all over town as Doc Holliday.
In his new book U.S. Marshals, Mike Earp, who retired as the third-highest-ranking official in the service, tells the thrilling inside story of today’s U.S. marshals -- America’s oldest law enforcement agency, established in 1789 by George Washington. Giving a detailed account of its colorful history, Earp brings the past to the present in a revealing account of what few people realize is a three decades transformation of the entire structure of law enforcement in America.
Tombstone, Arizona is a historic western city in Cochise County, Arizona, founded in 1879 by Ed Schieffelin in what was then Pima County, Arizona Territory. It was one of the last wide-open frontier boomtowns in the American Old West and the site of the famous Gunfight at the OK Corral fought October 26, 1881 between the outlaw cowboys Billy Claiborne, Ike and Billy Clanton, and Tom and Frank McLaury, and the opposing town Marshal Virgil Earp and his brothers Assistant Town Marshal Morgan and temporary lawman Wyatt, aided by Doc Holliday designated as a temporary marshal by Virgil. Twenty four seconds and 30 shots later, Billy Clanton, Tom and Frank McLaury were mortally wounded.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station show, focusing on Yuma, Arizona ‘The Great Gateway to the Southwest’. This show airs live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On this Episode:
- Rex Ijams – Historic Yuma Theatre and Yuma Art Center
- Bruce Brown – Desert Hills Golf Course
- Tanisha Yee - Yuma Civic Center
- Yvonne Peach - Coronado Motor Hotel, Yuma Landing Bar & Grill and Casa de Coronado Museum
- Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More and Bard Date Company talks Medjool Date Nutrition
- Donna George of The Peanut Patch shares Fun Facts about Peanuts
Plus, Yuma Hollywood History with Steve Schnecickert!
Dan Mewhinney from Dangers of the Paranormal... Don't miss this great interview with one of the Top Paranormal investigators of the 2015 Tombstone Arizona Event. We will be holding a series of interviews presenting you the paranormal investigators that will be there, as the date comes closer. Join our chat.
Many Topics, webcam interview.
Tombstone Arizona will hold the most awesome gathering, in this such historic place. many activity for all the family and at night... the whole town gets locked down for the investigation.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Henry Biernacki ‘The Global Henry’ will discuss his recent visit to Guanajuato, Mexico. Henry is a world traveler to over 130 countries, an airline captain and line check airman, and author of the novel ‘No More Heroes.’
- Regina Leeds ‘The Zen Organizer’ will share tips on organizing your kitchen and garage. Regina has been organizing clients for over 20 years, and is the author of 9 books on the subject including New York Times best-seller ‘One Year to an Organized Life’.
- Richard Stamp & Espy Matlock will discuss the Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardens in the West Wetlands Park in Yuma, Arizona.
Join Andrew Aloha “Live” with Jesse & Kristin Blum in “Arizona Emu Oil”
FriNite, 8 February 2015
From 7 – 8:30pm AZT
A Spiritual Image Productions Event
Arizona Emu Oil is a product of nature dating back thousands of years to Australia where the Aborigines of the outback use it as a natural healing remedy in their daily lives. Modern day research shows that emu oil contains two exceptional active ingredients that enable it to be used as an effective topical pharmaceutical. The Linolenic acid inherently contained in the oil provides relief from sore muscles and joint pain while the Oleic acid provides a local anti-inflammatory effect. The penetrating effect oil may be related to its non-phosphorous composition, according to oil researcher Allen Strickland of Alabama……for more on this story go to http://www.spiritualimageproductions.com/Andrew_Aloha_Live
For more on Jesse & Kristin Blum go to https://www.travel-2U.com
Intro music, “This Change Is Going to Do Me Good”, by David Young @ http://www.davidyoungmusic.com
For More Visit Us @ http://www.spiritualimageproductions.com/SIP_divine_events
WEEKLY WORLD TRANSMISSION MEDITATION GROUP, WedNites, 7 – 9 pm (AZT)
90 Day Ascension Journey @ http://www.90dayascensionjourney.com
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of BigBlendMagazines.com, for Big Blend Radio’s Champagne Sundays variety show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- OPEN SESAME: The Story of Seeds – Award-winning filmmaker M. Sean Kaminsky discusses his new documentary.
- Norfolk Gardens Destinations – Glynn Burrows, Norfolk Tours in England
- Ventura, California – Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’
- Presidio in Tubac AZ – Shaw Kinsey, Director of Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
- Events in Yuma AZ – Rex Ijams – Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre, and Carrie Ring – Yuma Civic Center
- Alice Sweet Alice - Kansas City based alternative rock band.
The NFL is just days away from beginning the new league year and free agency will commence. The Arizona Cardinals have begun some of their transactions, inking Lary Fitzgerald to a new, more cap-friendly contract. They released veteran Darnell Dockett. They released Ted Ginn. In another move, James Bettcher was named defensive coordinator.
Now they have their eyes on some big time players -- reportedly Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray. They have pass rushing and inside linebacker needs.
Seth and Jess are here to talk about the Cardinals and their foray into free agency. Was the Fitz contract good? Will they miss Dockett? Who are they legitimately in play for? Who will stay? Who will go? Who will join?
Stay tuned to hear more and keep up the conversation at Revenge of the Birds.
Lets give a "Shout Out" to some more USA Community Gardens. )
1) Long Beach Organic from Long Beach, CA.
2) In Santa Ana, CA, "The Grain Project".
3) Arizona Community Gardens.
Have a Great Community Garden Day!
Mary K. Hukill, Author and Radio Show Host
Books and AudioBooks: Community Garden Revolution and
Community Garden Revolution Notes!
Get 10% OFF your purchase at www.natesamericanmadestore.com at the Garden Equipment and Tools. Just type in the Discount code of "comgar15" at your checkout. Enjoy!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (32 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (19 chatters)
- Perry Steele (8 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- Father Teresa (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Discipleship Radi0 (4 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (4 chatters)
- Wrestling Smash Radio (4 chatters)
- UCC Show (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- order of the black dragon (3 chatters)
- Love Productions (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (3 chatters)
- HRN (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Fast Life On the Move (2 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)