SORT BY Relevancy
It's the British invasion! Not the Beatles. Marathon Talk in the U.K. is a hugely popular broadcast hosted by Martin Yelling and Tom Williams. Tom is on The "American" Marathon Show to talk about running in the UK, his worldwide audience and other fun running topics.
We talk to runners who were scheduled to run the 2012 NYC Marathon and who are running the 2013 NYC Marathon. How much do you remember about last year? Listen in as they all recount their experience around last year's race and their plans for 2013. The 2013 ING New York CIty Marathon will be a historic race.
The Boston Marathon is our Super Bowl. One way or another, you have to earn your way in - whether it's via qualifying or fundraising. Each year Boston welcomes first time Boston runners and you'll hear from 4 of them on this show. You'll be amazed to hear about their path to Boston. None of them started as runners and they each have a remarkable journey to this start line. We'll also hear from them about the advice they're getting, plus we have 4 Boston Marathon trivia questions. Listen in and be inspired as Heather Melito Dezan, Deborah Volin, Tim Christoni and Dennis Lebman share their stories.
At the beginning of each College football season we go around the U.S. and chat about 10-12 College football teams then talk about a marathon not far from that campus. This year we've added some new teams, tossed out some old ones and we've found funny and unusual facts about football and races. It's a special show that will please the football fans in the audience. Will we stop in Texas this year? Does Auburn earn some love? What nontraditional school will we talk about? All that plus a race that provides you showers at the finish line.
Joe was part of the announcing team at the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon. It was a beautiful day in Los Angeles as more than 25,000 runners ran from the LA Dodgers Stadium to the seaside finish in Santa Monica. We'll take a short stop at the expo, talk with some old friends, a few vendors and the race officials from the San Francisco Marathon. Joe caught up the the CEO of the LA Marathon and spent 15 minutes talking about the event, the bright future of the LA Marathon and the Olympic Trials. At the end Joe shares some thoughts about what it's like to watch you finish a marathon.
Reno Stirrat and Gary Allen are two of the most remarkable marathon runners in the world. They're members of a small, elite group of runners who have run sub 3:00 marathons in each of the last 5 decades. Beginning in the 70's and all the way through the current day, they've run marathons in the sub 3:00 hour category. It's a fascinating discussion. We'll cover their journey into marathon running, how they've stayed in shape, what it was like when women entered the sport, how they feel about race fields increasing in size and diversity of talents, the 2013 Boston Marathon, the future of America in the sport of marathon running and what it's like to line up in corral #1 for over 35 years. All that plus their reflection on Joan Benoit Samuelson's win at the LA Olympics and much, much more.
We're off to the Surf City Marathon today. It's set in Huntington Beach, CA on the ocean on Super Bowl Sunday. More than 20,000 people come out for these events each year. This year we produced this show and filmed The Marathon Show for television. You'll hear Joe take you out on the race course and talk about the experience of filming a marathon for the show. Along the way you'll hear his Super Bowl prediction and meet some amazing people battling cancer. You'll also hear him looking for the person who dropped the "Go Jesus" sign, he'll talk to a woman walking walking backwards pulling a jogging stroller and some of the comedy involved in using runners, spectators and volunteers as actors in the show.
We're running with the holiday geniuses today. It's the 2013 Holiday Half Marathon in Pomona, CA. We arrive on race morning, visit with a few friends then broadcast while running the race. Along the way we'll get passed by thousands of students, talk with a runner who is battling skin cancer, dream of England with some discussion of fell running, meet some first time runners, offer some advice on becoming a good hill runner, and much, much more. It's the last half marathon of the year. Enjoy
Yolanda Holder is known around the world. She hold the Guinness Record for most marathons in a year by a woman. Today she's on to talk about her 521 mile epic marathon over 16 days to raise money and awareness for diabetes. She'll talk about getting sponsors, preparing and planning and her epic journey. We'll talk about tricks to keep cool when it's hot, 93 marathons she doesn't even count in her life total, how many pair of shoes she brought and much, much more. It's a great story. Enjoy.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (453 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (65 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (53 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (27 chatters)
- BeverlyD (24 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (14 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- SSRN (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (7 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (4 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (3 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- American Peoples Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Curious Times (3 chatters)
- The SwaggerScan Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (2 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- The Urban Release (1 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (1 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- So Focused Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (0 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (0 chatters)