SORT BY Relevancy
Bernice Bennett welcomes Judy Riffel, a professional genealogist for an engaging discussion about what you need to know about records and documents in Louisiana.
Judy has authored numerous books and articles on genealogy, and she is an officer in one of the largest genealogical groups in the state, Le Comité des Archives de la Louisiane, and editor of its quarterly journal.
She also offers Louisiana Genealogy Research Services: www.judyriffel.com
New York City will be the site of a two-day genealogy event called--you guessed it: The Genealogy Event. The producer, Bridget Bray, joins Jane to tell us what is in store for us on Oct. 26 and 27 at the Metropolitan Pavilion. Who will be speaking, what special events are planned, why should you attend? It's not like any other genealogy event in the U.S. Find out more information at www.TheGenealogyEvent.com
Today the manager of the ProGen Study Groups, Angela Packer McGhie, joins Jane to talk about the groups and the book on which the study groups are based: Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers and Librarians. Angela will discuss how how the study groups work and how they can help you in your careers as genealogists -- professional genealogists and aspiring professional genealogists alike. Find out what topics participants really appreciate learning about and what topics are the most challenging to cover.
Order the book Professional Genealogy at www.heritagebooks.com. If you are a member of The Association of Professional Genealogists, you can get a 15% discount by using the coupon code available on the members only section of www.apgen.org.
Photos: ProGen Study Group Alumni at Salt Lake Institue of Genealogy (SLIG) 2014.
Join participants of the professiolnal genealogy class of the Midwest African American Institute for an engaging and informative discussion on " Why Genealogy" with Matilda and her children.
"The Genealogy as a Profession class at MAAGI 2014 created WHY GENEALOGY? centered around a slave named Matilda asking her descendants why they were or were not trying to find their family. Sarah Cato is the producer and host. Cast members: Konnetta Alexander is the slave named Matilda from the Graham Slave Records. Myra DeShields-Moulton tells about her research findings and the family books she’s written. Camile Camille Genealogy Sista Johnson representing the X-generation’s interest or lack of interest. Flavia Frierson asks why should she research that old stuff. Roland Miller shares the migration path of ex-slaves. Audrie McRay tells why she researches her family and makes family scrapbooks.
Join Bonnie & Ja'Vonne with their guest, Tony Burroughs, CEO of The Center for Black Genealogy, noted speaker and author. Together they will look at how to research your family history and how to travel with a purpose as you research your own Family Tree. Also keep up on Travel News, Travel Tips, and all the features of this top weekly Travel Show. Heard nationwide on Sirius/XM #141 and WVON-Chicago and iHeartRadio.com. www.TheTavelingEye.com . #TheTravelingEye
Don Eckerle of the German Genealogy Group (GGG) and John Martino of the Italian Genealogy Group (IGG) join Jane this morning to talk about the mammoth indexing projects their groups took on when they decided to tackle Long Island records and then New York City vital records and then NARA NYC records and then some more. Don and John will discuss what records they have done, what records they intend to do, and what the differences in their groups' databases are. They will also tell us how they manage their indexing projects with more than 2,000 volunteers. They'll also share interesting stories from their indexing and tell us about unusual records or people that they came across in the records.
In May 2014 Don, John and their GGG partner Bob Boeckle received the National Genealogical Society's Award of Merit in recognition of exceptional contributions to the field of genealogy.
John and Don are pictured with the other New York attendees at the NGS conference in Richmond, Virginia. They are all members and volunteers for the GGG and IGG indexing projects.
Michael N. Henderson, Author, Lecturer, Family History Researcher will explore the reasons why leaving a legacy of your genealogy research is important.
Michael Nolden Henderson, Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy retired, began his genealogy journey almost 30 years ago. Henderson is the author of Got Proof! My Genealogical Journey Through the Use of Documentation, his memoir detailing his discovery of an enslaved ancestor who gained her freedom in Spanish colonial Louisiana in 1779. In 2014, he was awarded finalist in the 50th Georgia Author of the Year Awards from the Georgia Writer’s Association. Henderson is the first and only African American member of the Georgia Society, Sons of the American Revolution. He is also a member of other lineage societies, including the General Society of the War of 1812. He is a lecturer who speaks frequently to groups nationwide, and is the recipient of the 2013 James Dent Walker Award for Excellence in African American Genealogical Research. He is a native of New Orleans, and a graduate of Xavier University.
After a week off, DME is back and in PRIME TIME BABAAAAAY! This week, the guys talk Raw, Legends House, NXT Takeover, Payback, Bareback, Ryback, Hunchbacks, Knick Knack Paddywhacks, Caddyshack, Rodney Mack, Guys named Jack, Straight Up Crack (but not really), and more! PLUS, Bethany returns for a 1 on 1 GMW, Mark the Disembodied Voice is back from his secret mission and your calls? If they feel like it. Don't miss out on The Dark Main Event! LIVE. IN PRIME TIME.
This week, our hero and Steve are here to talk some RASSLIN'. Does Steve have a million rants? Probably. Be sure to listen to hear Josh nod and say "Yeah, definitely." PLUS, the guys discuss Raw, Seth Rollins, Bluetista, Legends House, Steve's favorite show Total Divas, internet woes, spiders, tigers, wrestling, wrestling, and MOAR wrestling. And will we finally hear the details of Mark's secret mission? Probably not, but who knows? It's all that AND SO MUCH MORE. Tune in to The Dark Main Event LIVE at 9pm Eastern.
For many genealogy can seem overwhelming, especially for those of slave ancestry. There are very specific challenges that African Americans researching family history face. Tune as the Sistas chat with African American genealogy expert Elon Cook about the challenges and resources for African American Genealogy. Elon Cook is an experienced genealogist; she received her Masters Degree from Brown University and is a newly confirmed member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. To learn more about Elon check out her website here.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- in5d (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (17 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (9 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Unseen World (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (0 chatters)