SORT BY Relevancy
There is a seismic shift happening where major enterprises are moving away from using proprietary GPS devices that are costly and require specialized training to manage and operate Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
As a result of this shift, we now have more nimble providers who offer GPS units designed for iOS and mobile apps that are highly cost-effective and help organizations easily leverage field data to enhance decision-making.
TerraGo recently announced that it has partnered with Bad Elf, a manufacturer of these types of GPS units.
Today, we are speaking with Brett Hackleman, CTO/Co-founder of Bad Elf.
Welcome to the TerraGo Podcast Series. TerraGo recently released a new research paper titled, “Breakthrough Tech: Smartphone Apps Poised to Take Market Share from GPS Surveying Handsets.”
The paper examines recent innovations that are disrupting GPS surveying technology markets across numerous industries, including energy, utilities, manufacturing, transportation, logistics, construction and agriculture.
The traditional suppliers of single-function GPS handhelds, including Trimble and Leica, face increasing pressure from smartphone and tablet solutions from iOS and Android survey app developers (TerraGo, FastField et al), especially when paired with high-precision Bluetooth GPS receivers (Bad Elf, SXBlue, EOS et al).
Companies are adopting these solutions to replace GPS handhelds, including software and support, and have reported dramatic cost savings, as much as 95%.
Today we are speaking with the author of this paper, Jim Hodges. Jim is an award-winning journalist and expert in the geospatial arena.
TerraGo Technologies and GeoEye, Inc. have formed a partnership to increase the access and application of digital imagery. This innovative partnership enables GeoEye to offer TerraGo’s GeoPDF production capabilities in the next version of its EyeQ online access platform. Demonstrations of this capability will be exhibited at the GEOINT Conference, held Oct. 17-19, in San Antonio in GeoEye booth 413 and TerraGo booth 567.
Following is an exclusive podcast with Tony Frazier, GeoEye senior vice president of Marketing, and Rick Cobb TerraGo's CEO.
Last month, USGIF member company TerraGo Technologies announced that Bob Burkhardt, former U.S. Army Geospatial Center (AGC) Director and the Army’s first Geospatial Information Officer (GIO) had been named to its board of advisors.
Today we are speaking with Mr, Burkhardt about his new role with TerraGo and other topics with regards to GEOINT trends.
USGIF member company TerraGo delivers software applications that extend the access and application of maps and images for non-GIS users and customers.
TerraGo GeoPDF solutions are the most efficient method for quickly deploying geospatial information to end-users throughout an organization, even those operating in the field and those with no GIS expertise.
We are excited to be doing an exclusive podcast with Rick Cobb, CEO of TerraGo, who will be discussing the one-year anniversary of the GeoPDF patent.
Join Host Live Chats
- Straitway (22 chatters)
- John Baptist (18 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (17 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (15 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (11 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (7 chatters)
- Demolishing Strongholds (7 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (5 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (4 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (4 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (4 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (2 chatters)
- joegpi (2 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Closer Encounters (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Anime Zing Radio (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- American Network (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (1 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Theresa J Morris (1 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (1 chatters)