SORT BY Relevancy
Hurricane Sandy forced many of the country's largest businesses to close their doors. For the winning companies which embrace telecommuting and all of the benefits it brings, it was no day off though. You might think that power outages and transportation closures might make it difficult for most companies to make it a work day as usual. For the smart companies who regularly employ staff with flexible work schedules, this week was no problem. Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discu
We've been itching to discuss Marissa Mayer's controversial decision to bring all of Yahoo's employees into the office! This week Arin and I sit down and tackle Best Buy, results only work environments, company culture, impactful leadership and what exactly denotes telecommuting...
Are employers rethinking telework?
In this Launch Talk conversation I speak with Debra Dinnocenzo, president of VirtualWorks! about Yahoo's recent decision to end telecommuting:
Is it good for organizations? What are the pros and cons for teleworkers themselves? Is it still a good idea to propose telecommuting to your employer to help manage your day job? Hear a timely discussion about these questions, as well as strategies for proposing a telework arrangement and ways to manage the balance between work and personal life when working remotely.
Our Guest: Debra A. Dinnocenzo is a dynamic speaker, successful author, and innovative educator with expertise in virtual workplace issues including virtual leadership, virtual teams, telework, and work-life balance. She is the author of the highly praised "101 Tips for Telecommuters" and co-author of "Dot Calm: The Search for Sanity in a Wired World." Her latest book, "Working From a Distance: Being Your Best When You’re Not With the Rest," was published by Walk The Talk in the fall of 2012.
Your Host: Tai Goodwin is an intuitive career and business coach who guides clients in owning their brilliance and getting their message out so they can have more impact and income. An advocate for employedpreneurs (full-time employees with businesses on the side), she is editor-in-chief of Launch While Working.com and host of the popular Launch Talk online radio show.
A woman in Boston had her gym membership revoked for talking on her phone on the eliptical (the rules say no cell phone use in workout area). We'll chat whether the gym is doing the right thing or being too Draconian with its policy.
Also, so many are jumping on the bash telecommuting band wagon. Even Nanny Bloomberg in NYC is badmouthing it, calling it DUMB! Do YOU telecommute? Do you like it? Do you prefer your employees work in the office than at home? Or vice versa?
The new Yahoo CEO has now put a ban on telecommuting and has required that all Yahoo employees starting June of 2013, be back on site to work out of the megaplex home office.
We have struggled for many years to support the cause and value of flexible hours and telecommuting staff, and this very well may be setting back the cause of many years of work. It’s definitely a very Retro Move!
So has Marissa Mayer essentially started a trend to put to end the practice of telecommuting? And what would that mean to all of the working mothers, single parents, and caregivers to ailing family members who also need good jobs and depend on workplace flexibility?
Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss the topic of the week touching every remote worker all over the world.
The recent hurricane Sandy forced many of the country's largest businesses to close their doors this week. For the winning companies which embrace telecommuting and all of the benefits it brings, it was no day off. You might think that power outages and transportation closures might make it difficult for most companies to make it a work day as usual. For the smart companies who regularly employ staff with flexible work schedules, this week was no problem. Join Flex Hour Jobs as we di
Brain Carr of the Clean Air Campaign discusses the upcoming telecommuting week and other options to reduce commuter pollution.
Have you ever thought that working from home could solve all of your parenting and family-scheduling problems? Join About.com experts Terri Mauro (Parenting Special Needs), Laureen Miles Brunelli (Work-at-Home Moms), Catherine Holecko (Family Fitness), and Lisa Jo Rudy (Autism Spectrum Disorders) as we talk about how to get started working from home and the pros and cons of freelancing.
Executives often view telecommuting as a drain on productivity. In light of recent reseach, they may be justified. On the other hand, there are benefits to telecommuting that C-suiters should consider before setting policies against it.
Nearly 53% of employees in America today say that they are unsatisfied with their jobs. Only 15% of workers actually report that they are “very satisfied with their work. So why are they not passionate about what they do and what can we do about it?
Somehow people are having a hard time finding a way to bring passion to their jobs. Especially the older workers are experiencing the largest drop in job satisfaction over the last 25 years. In the 1980’s, nearly 70% of workers age 65 or older were happy at work. In today’s surveys job satisfaction in this age group has dropped down to only 46% of workers.
The primary issue seems to be the lack of control that people feel in their lives now. They don’t feel they have a lot of autonomy in what they do on a day to day basis. They don’t feel that what they say has much impact at work, and many times they don’t feel they can be themselves at work.
Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss ways you can find the job you love or at least turn the job you have into one that you love.
March is Women's History Month and The Strategy Sessions radio show salutes the contributions of Michele Unangst, Founder of Get My Mom a Job. She will talk about her path to entrepreneurship, how she became an expert on telecommuting career opportunities, and how Get My Mom a Job is helping thousands of women realize their career goals.
Listen live to our interview with Michele Unangst on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET, who joins us from her office in Arizona.To view The Strategy Sessions #FBQuestionOfTheWeek, visit www.facebook.com/TheStrategySessions.
Questions or comments for Michele Unangst?
Call: (347) 539-5143
Tweet: @KesiStribling #TheStrategySessions
Post on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thestrategysessions
SPONSOR: The Career Exploration Series, a national youth career development program. It’s Career Day on Steroids! Find out more on www.ksgsc.com/careerconnectusa.html.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (477 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (37 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (19 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (18 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (17 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (17 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (14 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (11 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (7 chatters)
- Ms Blue (7 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (6 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Daytime After Dark (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- Forward Boldly (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- wego (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- daFUq Funnies Radio (1 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (0 chatters)